Random Urine-testing Returns To Asoke

Thai Ron

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have walked along Asoke road late at night and been stopped by the police there.  All very friendly and left with a handshake.

If you show them you are scared I reckon you have far more chance of getting done.

Mind you I was rather drunk.

On 2017-10-01 at 2:57 PM, Metapod said:

There is alot more too it though. What about the guy that smokes (legally) in US, Canada, Europe etc and then 2 weeks later flies into Bangkok and has to take a random piss test? Metabolites can stay in your system for over a month.

I've heard that they only test for meth. If you've eaten painkillers with codein it shows up same as if you've taken  smack.

On 10/2/2017 at 12:53 PM, Thai Ron said:

It's hardly a harrowing experience.

I've been subjected to it several times and it's gone smoothly.

Been sent on my way in less than a minute

I'm inclined to both agree and disagree... Its hardly harrowing experience in that its not the end of the world, however, that doesn't mean that these encounters should be dismissed as they are extremely invasive. 

My biggest issue would be that I am unable to pee on command like, we may be waiting a while - quite inconvenient. 

Can you pee on command Thai Ron ? 

On 10/2/2017 at 8:26 PM, connda said:

Stay out of the part of BKK.  Problem solved.

Or 'Never leave your Home'... Or better Still, 'if you don't like it, go back to your country'

These can be added to the list of idiotic responses posted by people who truly have no idea how daft they are. 

Its the forum equivalent of Thai's claiming 'it was the Westerners fault, if he wasn't here in the first place it wouldn't happen'....

I don't necessarily think there is any profiling going on here. I was in a taxi with a female Thai friend on Sunday night coming back from out of the city. We were stopped at this checkpoint. They searched me and made her do a urine test. I was not required to do one. To the police, I would most certainly have been the mark with more money if they were bent on extortion.

Needless to say, she was pretty angry afterwards and said she felt violated at being made to piss in a jar. 

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I'm inclined to both agree and disagree... Its hardly harrowing experience in that its not the end of the world, however, that doesn't mean that these encounters should be dismissed as they are extremely invasive. 

My biggest issue would be that I am unable to pee on command like, we may be waiting a while - quite inconvenient. 

Can you pee on command Thai Ron ? 

Given my overactive bladder, probably. LOL!

Just kidding,

I don't know, mate,,,,,,,never been asked to take a urine test in my life.

Besides, I was referring to having my taxi stopped and subjected to a spot search but not a pee test

It's not stressful.

On 10/2/2017 at 3:10 PM, bridge2bridge said:

DRUGS are a HUGE problem world wide.

Can't understand WHY PEOPLE PAY BIG BUCKS to kill themselves.

What I do not understand is people who do not understand that other people can do what they want how they want where they want !

28 minutes ago, dpdp said:

What I do not understand is people who do not understand that other people can do what they want how they want where they want !

Not "where they want"; Making consumption of certain drugs illegal is every country's own decision. Now if you as me, I'd say that drinking alcohol can be far more damaging that smoking some shit. Alcohol dependency is one of the most difficult to cure.

Anyhow, in Thailand we must abide by Thai law. Let's forget the somewhat bizarre enforcement process they seem to have here.

On 10/2/2017 at 9:40 AM, brewsterbudgen said:

Personally I would agree, but looking tough on drugs is a popular image in Asia and an image they want to project.  At least we're not living in the Philippines!

We already show our naked bodies at the airport scan but now also need to undergo this at public streets i wonder what will be the next thing that we need to show them? How about watch us make love? Will it end there? Advice go after drug dealers not after a potential drug users by harassing ordinary people.

16 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

We already show our naked bodies at the airport scan but now also need to undergo this at public streets i wonder what will be the next thing that we need to show them? How about watch us make love? Will it end there?

Are they piss testing only guys? Only white guys? Only youngish white guys?

Regarding the "watch us make love" it is a requirement ("Photos in front of and around the house, including one in the bedroom") for the "Thai wife" visa extension. Had to dish out a bit of money to buy a tripod.

25 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Advice go after drug dealers not after a potential drug users by harassing ordinary people.

Rubbish! Why shouldn't they go after the demand-side of the equation?

I think it's a great idea - bring the element of fear into the user base and maybe people won't buy off the dealers which means, they hope, fewer of them hanging around.

They absolutely should go after farangs - they're the African dealers' biggest customers. The BiB's racial profiling says so.

I doubt most of us give much of a shit if they stop some innocent African American of Afro-Caribbean Brit on holiday walking down the street but the minute they stop a farang, everyone's huffing and puffing.

3 hours ago, Thai Ron said:

I think it's a great idea - bring the element of fear into the user base and maybe people won't buy off the dealers which means, they hope, fewer of them hanging around.

They absolutely should go after farangs - they're the African dealers' biggest customers. The BiB's racial profiling says so.

I doubt most of us give much of a shit if they stop some innocent African American of Afro-Caribbean Brit on holiday walking down the street but the minute they stop a farang, everyone's huffing and puffing.

To Stop is ok but being forced to piss is not ok. But i hope they stop u mother soon in soi 13 and make her piss in the street just how u want it!

4 hours ago, KiChakayan said:

Are they piss testing only guys? Only white guys? Only youngish white guys?

Regarding the "watch us make love" it is a requirement ("Photos in front of and around the house, including one in the bedroom") for the "Thai wife" visa extension. Had to dish out a bit of money to buy a tripod.

I see yes probably the next requirement  is a video documentary minimum 30 minutes of u and ur wife in the bed because photos nolonger acceptable. Its not that they nosey its more curious i guess

Just now, Destiny1990 said:

To Stop is ok but being forced to piss is not ok. But i hope they stop u mother soon in soi 13 and make her piss in the street just how u want it!

How are they gonna check you for drug use if they don't piss test you?

Would you prefer a blood test?

Still, if they did stop my mother and ask her to take a piss test, I doubt she'd throw as much of a hissyfit as you would.

If you've not taken any drugs, what would you have to bitch about?

2 minutes ago, Thai Ron said:

How are they gonna check you for drug use if they don't piss test you?

Would you prefer a blood test?

Still, if they did stop my mother and ask her to take a piss test, I doubt she'd throw as much of a hissyfit as you would.

If you've not taken any drugs, what would you have to bitch about?

And your dad most piss in a cup also in the soi 13.

18 hours ago, Thai Ron said:

African also do not fight for MY RICHTS, so I have never and will never fight for their rights anywhere in the world !

4 hours ago, dpdp said:

African also do not fight for MY RICHTS, so I have never and will never fight for their rights anywhere in the world !

Off topic but, just out of interest, if you're a white male, please tell me when in modern history, your rights have been repressed.

11 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

False positive results... well documented in these kinds of tests. Being fitted up... quite plausible in this fine city. 

Well-documented on Thaivisa, yeah.

Fitted up? So the officer could inject you with drugs so you show a positive test, right?

What a stupid statement.

14 minutes ago, Thai Ron said:

Off topic but, just out of interest, if you're a white male, please tell me when in modern history, your rights have been repressed.

Whatever ! The result is that I have never been crying for help and respect as black are doing all the time, just as jews, who also certainly are guilty of nothing and especially not the reasons why people hate them all over the world.

3 minutes ago, dpdp said:

Whatever ! The result is that I have never been crying for help and respect as black are doing all the time, just as jews, who also certainly are guilty of nothing and especially not the reasons why people hate them all over the world.

Look mate, if you don't like black people or Jews, who gives a shit?

You're entitled to your feelings and you can go join the KKK or drape yourself in a Confederate flag for all I care but do everyone a favour and stay on topic

55 minutes ago, dpdp said:

Eww. What a repulsive statement. 

2 hours ago, Thai Ron said:

Well-documented on Thaivisa, yeah.

Fitted up? So the officer could inject you with drugs so you show a positive test, right?

What a stupid statement.

As far as I can see, you're way ahead of the pack when it comes to making stupid statements in this thread. 

Regarding false positives, these are well documented worldwide, and already came up in this discussion (posts 16-18).

And you clearly don't remember the urine testing scams of 2014 which only got stopped when complaints went right to the top, necessitating the involvement of the current UK ambassador and others. Here's just one of several long running threads that year:

Archived