Rising Islamophobia In Thailand Irrational And Dangerous: Scholars

webfact

39 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You realize that Islamophobes hate you too? 

Actually the word Islamophobia is largely abstract compared to the very real Other-religion-phobia in some countries. In Saudi Arabia the religious police start foaming from the mouth as soon as they see a cross or a Christmas tree. I wonder why no one talks about that actual phobia.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, DM07 said:

You stand a x-times better chance to be mowed down by an incompetent driver, than die in a terrorist attack!

Anyone protesting drivers?

Thought so!

Slight difference in that teŕrorists (any religion) are actively trying to kill you. You comparison is childish: I could state that you have more chance of being killed by a hippo than a black mamba, but having a choice of standing next to 5 hippos at any given time compared to5 5 black mambas, most people would rightly choose the hippos (as the mambas would almost certainly attack you (they're aggressive buggers) whereas the hippos are less likely to. Your comparison is true because most people in the worls come in contact with thousands of drivers every day. You only need contact with one terrorist to die though.

8 minutes ago, xavierr said:

Actually the word Islamophobia is largely abstract compared to the very real Other-religion-phobia in some countries. In Saudi Arabia the religious police start foaming from the mouth as soon as they see a cross or a Christmas tree. I wonder why no one talks about that actual phobia.

Plenty do.

Read this thread...

5 minutes ago, SABloke said:

Slight difference in that teŕrorists (any religion) are actively trying to kill you. You comparison is childish: I could state that you have more chance of being killed by a hippo than a black mamba, but having a choice of standing next to 5 hippos at any given time compared to5 5 black mambas, most people would rightly choose the hippos (as the mambas would almost certainly attack you (they're aggressive buggers) whereas the hippos are less likely to. Your comparison is true because most people in the worls come in contact with thousands of drivers every day. You only need contact with one terrorist to die though.

I thought hippos were extremely aggressive and territorial.

11 minutes ago, xavierr said:

I addressed that before on this thread.

36 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

So you judge muslims on the basis of what is written in their Holy Fairytale Book.

OK

Do you also judge christians on the basis of what is written in THEIR Holy Fairytale Book?

Do you want some quotes?

So you're criticising the koran by calling it a fairytale book? I'm sure many Muslims, who consider it the word of God, might take issue with that and consider you islamophobic.

One of the biggest problems with Islam, is that the prime example of a good human being for Muslims is Muhammed.

We can compare Muhammed to Jesus or Buddha and it's easy to see Muhammed was a horrible person. A murderer, child molestor, etc...

And this is why Islam needs to be curtained, be controlled. Western Europe will soon become a big mess because of the mass influx of Muslims (it's already quite a mess, but will get worse). I think it's good if Asian countries at least try to control the Muslim population and preferable try to do everything to keep this population small (e.g.: don't allow mass immigration from Muslim majority countries, unless it's presecuted and/or threatened minorities in such countries, like Christians, Yezidis,  Jews, etc...)

In my view Islam is one of the biggest cancers in the world today and I would prefer to keep this cancer in the Middle East instead of it spreading around.

Edited by wolf81

4 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I thought hippos were extremely aggressive and territorial.

They are hence they are the number 2 killers after mosquitos.They are defensive in their aggression though. Mambas will chase you down for fun :smile:

1 minute ago, wolf81 said:

One of the biggest problems with Islam, is that the prime example of a good human being for Muslims is Muhammed.

We can compare Muhammed to Jesus or Buddha and it's easy to see Muhammed was a horrible person. A murderer, child molestor, etc...

And this is why Islam needs to be curtained, be controlled. Western Europe will soon become a big mess because of the mass influx of Muslims (it's already quite a mess, but will get worse). I think it's good if Asian countries at least try to control the Muslim population and preferable try to do everything to keep this population small (e.g.: don't allow mass immigration from Muslim majority countries, unless it's presecuted and/or threatened minorities in such countries, like Christians, Yezidis,  Jews, etc...

In my view Islam is one of the biggest cancers in the world today and I would prefer to keep this cancer in the Middle East instead of it spreading around.

You know. I would even go so far as to sort of agree with you that there are aspects of Islam that are scarier than other religions. But back to reality unless you want to kill all the Muslim people in the world and I hope you don't the reality is they exist and we need to rationally deal with the way things are in the real world. 

5 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

The rise is not only in Thailand but also around the world and with good cause.

they create trouble everywhere they go;  10% is often cited, as a percentage of them that are trouble-makers; 10% of a lot is a lot;

in the area of thailand i live, we have Very low rates of Islam and i am very happy about that

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You know. I would even go so far as to sort of agree with you that there are aspects of Islam that are scarier than other religions. But back to reality unless you want to kill all the Muslim people in the world and I hope you don't the reality is they exist and we need to rationally deal with the way things are in the real world. 

I am not in favour of killing anyone. But I would approve of plans that stimulate Muslims to return back to the Middle-East while at the same time closing the borders for more Muslim immigration. Perhaps by paying some money if they emigrate out of Europe.

I would also favour policies like forcing Imams to preach in the native language in mosques. This would make it easier for security agencies to make sure that whatever is preached in mosques is not against a countries' laws. Books sold in a mosque should also be in the native language or English. 

I'm fine with the Middle-East being a mess. I am not fine with Europe becoming a mess as well, but I feel for Europe it's too late already. 

Edited by wolf81

5 hours ago, BuaBS said:

Muslims should be restricted to their southern provinces , not spread around the country.

And  the  other   non  Buddhist religions  too? What  about   atheists  and  agnostics? Beer  drinkers   versus  whisky or  wine  imbibers? Wowsers? Celibates,  virgins? Blondes?  The  obese ?

All restricted  from social  human  rights and  put  somewhere for  the  convenience  of ?

5 minutes ago, wolf81 said:

I am not in favour of killing anyone. But I would approve of plans that stimulate Muslims to return back to the Middle-East while at the same time closing the borders for more Muslim immigration. Perhaps by paying some money if they emigrate out of Europe.

I would also favour policies like forcing Imams to preach in the native language in mosques. This would make it easier for security agencies to make sure that whatever is preached in mosques is not against a countries' laws. Books sold in a mosque should also be in the native language or English. 

I'm fine with the Middle-East being a mess. I am not fine with Europe becoming a mess as well, but I feel for Europe it's too late already. 

Good grief, a "send them all home post"...

Definitely this is a major issue concerning the entire world..with them there is no chance of coexistence as they have zero tolerance and respect towards any other religion and its followers.. there is nothing like moderate Muslims on earth.. they openly admit that everyone should follow them and will be forced to do as mentioned in their religious book.. every day we see on TV around the world .. the recent incident in Marseilles what does that say.. they should be dealt with iron fist.. 

“When phobia starts to build up in the psyche of thinking humanity against a part of its own kind, there is nothing more primordial and gruesome than that, especially when we are talking about a species that is supposedly the most intelligent one on Earth. Phobias recorded in DSM do not make a person lesser human, but Islamophobia does indeed define whether a person is really a thinking and sentient sapiens or an ignorant caveman.” 
 Abhijit Naskar, The Islamophobic Civilization: Voyage of Acceptance

3 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Good grief, a "send them all home post"...

10 minutes ago, wolf81 said:

My European friends have more or less spoken the same sentiment as you. But as for me I can only take their word for how bad it has gotten in their homes of Switzerland - Sweden, England, France and Germany.  That right there is way too many countries and not enough mentioned. 

one of the main reason of spreading extreme radical /violent Muslim believe is the influence /interference of Saudi Arabia/Wahhabits all over the world.They do it in the Philippines, in Myanmar,in Europe, in the Middle East and I would not be surprised to hear, that they do it in Thailand too.

The Wahhabits are praying hate against "non-believers" among the Muslims over the world. Their aim is to be the whole world becoming one Muslim society. They are not trying to convince unbelievers with arguments- their "arguments" are violence, power and using their women to breed as many believers as possible.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-myanmar-rohingya/myanmars-rohingya-insurgency-has-links-to-saudi-pakistan-report-idUSKBN1450Y7

2 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

My European friends have more or less spoken the same sentiment as you. But as for me I can only take their word for how bad it has gotten in their homes of Switzerland - Sweden, England, France and Germany.  That right there is way too many countries and not enough mentioned. 

“Islamophobia may not actually be considered as a medical condition, unlike a medical condition, it is nothing but a primordial disgrace to the character of thinking humanity.” 
― Abhijit Naskar, The Islamophobic Civilization: Voyage of Acceptance

Edited by Bluespunk

“Don't hate the Muslims or Islam. Hate if you must, the fundamentalists who consistently compel the human society to turn away from even the peace loving Muslims. However, the term hate would be an understatement when we are referring to the fundamentalists. The fundamentalists are the biggest enemies of the human race. Without the presence of the fundamentalist inspiration, no violence in the name of religion shall ever fester on this planet. People from all religious, spiritual and non-religious background shall live in harmony, enriching each other's lives, if there are no fundamentalists to divide them apart.” 
 Abhijit Naskar

Can be applied to all faiths.

2 hours ago, koolkarl said:

This is a war of religion. Muslims cannot win conventional warfare so resort to terrorism.

They want the whole world to covert to Islam and if not, you are an infidel and must be eliminated, as

stated in their Koran.  Their plan is to have as many kids as possible and eventually form their own

political party and take over a country that way.  

Never hear of terrorist incidents in Japan as Japan won't let Muslims immigrate. The ones that are there

are not allowed to congregate or practice their religion publicly or they will be deported.  Canada is the opposite

as they only care if you are breathing so they can pay their onerous taxes and Canada is doomed as far as I am concerned. 

Did you make up this drivel  all by yourself or did you actually read it somewhere?

Don't let any facts get in your way,maybe next time find out what is really going on before you spew your hatred.

10 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

“When phobia starts to build up in the psyche of thinking humanity against a part of its own kind, there is nothing more primordial and gruesome than that, especially when we are talking about a species that is supposedly the most intelligent one on Earth. Phobias recorded in DSM do not make a person lesser human, but Islamophobia does indeed define whether a person is really a thinking and sentient sapiens or an ignorant caveman.” 
 Abhijit Naskar, The Islamophobic Civilization: Voyage of Acceptance

In my opinion this is nonsense.

One cannot be tolerant towards the intolerant, if you want to live in a tolerant society. And few -if any- religions are as intolerant as Islam. 

And even an intolerant minority can be quite dangerous if this intolerant minority exceeds a certain threshold, as Nassim Nicholas Taleb explains quite clearly in his paper on the "Minority Rule". 

Let's not forget that many Middle-Eastern countries were at one time Christian majority countries. But due to the intolerance of Islam became Muslim majority countries. The same might very well happen to Europe in the future.

The two asymmetric rules were are as follows. First, if a non Muslim man under the rule of Islam marries a Muslim woman, he needs to convert to Islam –and if either parents of a child happens to be Muslim, the child will be Muslim[3]. Second, becoming Muslim is irreversible, as apostasy is the heaviest crime under the religion, sanctioned by the death penalty. ...

Under these two asymmetric rules, one can do simple simulations and see how a small Islamic group occupying Christian (Coptic) Egypt can lead, over the centuries, to the Copts becoming a tiny minority. All one needs is a small rate of interfaith marriages. 

Edited by wolf81

Personally, I haven't noticed that Abrahamic religions are particularly conducive to enlightenment, which would seem the only good reason for engaging religion, tho neither is Buddhism as practiced in most places, its just another handle people use to put themselves up and others down. Islam does seem a vehicle for Arab expansion by design, that said it has already been a part of people's lives throughout certain sectors of the far east for centuries. Its a bit late in the day to start telling fellow Thai Muslims that they need to get packing. There are longstanding Islamic promptings, in the Hadith I think,  to tolerate Christians and Jews and tax them, but they recommend that Hindus and Buddhists simply be buthchered, they are beyond the pale. Even so, It is not very good Buddhist behavior to start off attacking Muslims no matter what their doctrines contain, most Muslims are not Hadith thumpers. It is just ego based my territory-my way or the highway stuff which Buddhsim is supposed to help us get over in the first place. By fighting with them you become them and being a Buddhist becomes rather pointless. My religion, my community, my people is dualistic grasping at illusory phenomena.

1 hour ago, oldhippy said:

So you judge muslims on the basis of what is written in their Holy Fairytale Book.

OK

Do you also judge christians on the basis of what is written in THEIR Holy Fairytale Book?

Do you want some quotes?

I will give you a quote without jpg, since that was removed:

Slaves obey your masters.

Ephesians 6:5

For jpg s you will have to google.

7 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

“Islamophobia may not actually be considered as a medical condition, unlike a medical condition, it is nothing but a primordial disgrace to the character of thinking humanity.” 
― Abhijit Naskar, The Islamophobic Civilization: Voyage of Acceptance

Poppycock. Most all of these types of posts are posted out of Angst.