Large contingent of police and soldiers visit Chinese tour company and Chiang Mai Night Safari

webfact

Large contingent of police and soldiers visit Chinese tour company and Chiang Mai Night Safari

1am.jpg

Picture: Daily News

CHIANG MAI: -- A 50 strong contingent of police and soldiers visited a tour company that organizes group tours and the Chiang Mai Night Safari yesterday.

The raids came after complaints were made by operators and the Night Safari management itself that a website in China was selling tickets below cost price.

What is normally priced as 400 baht was available for just 150 baht or 30 Yuan. This undercutting practice is causing problems for Chiang Mai tourism.

The first raid was at the downtown offices of Funny CM Co Ltd where the Thai owner and Chinese manager were interviewed. Evidence was also gathered that indicated that more than 100,000 tickets had been bought by the firm from the Night Safari.

Their license and other documents were all in order.

Next stop was the Night Safari itself.

Leading the party was Phitsanu Triandee of the tourist police who said that this was an evidence gathering mission. he said there was no suggestion of wrong doing at this stage.

Funny CM is believed to have a connection with the Tao Pao website where the cut price tickets were sold, suggested Daily News.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News -- 2017-10-04

34 minutes ago, webfact said:

Funny CM is believed to have a connection with the Tao Pao website where the cut price tickets were sold, suggested Daily News.

Yeah, today it´s impossible for a company to succeed without good connections.

It's Taobao.com not Tao Pao, one of the biggest online companies in the world, and they are not the only ones selling cheap tickets for attractions in Thailand.

The tickets for the various attractions have simply been bought in bulk and the consumer is benefitting, the middlepersons don't like it.

As I said on another thread, the biggest threat to the tourism guides is the hundreds of Chinese providing illegal accommodation, purchasing the cheap tickets and providing their own illegal tour transport to the attractions. Despite complaints the authorities have done nothing whatsoever to address the problem.

11 minutes ago, Thailand said:

It's Taobao.com not Tao Pao, one of the biggest online companies in the world, and they are not the only ones selling cheap tickets for attractions in Thailand.

The tickets for the various attractions have simply been bought in bulk and the consumer is benefitting, the middlepersons don't like it.

As I said on another thread, the biggest threat to the tourism guides is the hundreds of Chinese providing illegal accommodation, purchasing the cheap tickets and providing their own illegal tour transport to the attractions. Despite complaints the authorities have done nothing whatsoever to address the problem.

The Japanese and Koreans do  exactly the same thing in Australia !

So it is all legit then, tough shit on the seemingly immune protectionist Thai tour operators. 

My suggestion to them, embrace open trade and market forces. Learn what the international market is.

You never know you may find you can offer some USP to enhance to share of the market.

I took my 2 disappointed kids to the Night Safari one night. The eldest said 'Dad I don't see any animals' 'They are asleep you thick" said the youngest. It was only when I got to the Safari I realised it was a pretty dumb idea. 

What's the issue here? they're clearly bulk buying them and selling them at cost without taking a commission - it's well known that the cut to tour guides/ companies in CM is on average 50%, sometimes more depending on the attraction. Free market - if they don't want to keep a commission, good for them. 

"A 50 strong contingent of police and soldiers visited a tour company"

the sledgehammer to crack a nut approach,if only they could concentrate

on serious crime,Thailand would be a better place,

regards Worgeordie

35 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

"A 50 strong contingent of police and soldiers visited a tour company"

the sledgehammer to crack a nut approach,if only they could concentrate

on serious crime,Thailand would be a better place,

regards Worgeordie

Too hard, and Thais do not like or do hard. The most outstanding example of that is the driving test, but that's another subject.

When we were there about 2 weeks ago, it was about 85% Chinese customers. There were very few Thais there at all. I only saw two other farangs - (a couple) during the 2 1/2-3 hours we were there. There was trash everywhere, the toilets filthy, and one family let their small child drop his/her shorts and defecate out by the walking trail - even though there were toilets fairly close by.