Chan tours (bus from Pattaya to Khon Kaen)

malct

We are currently staying in Pattaya and looking at traveling on the VIP bus to khon Kaen but looking at the net for information on Chan tours is not available. I have noted that they have a pick up point central Pattaya on the main road, but not sure if you can buy tickets up there. Do you know if they have a contact number or web site that you can book on.  I believe that this is the only VIP bus company who has a direct bus from Pattaya.

From website: pattayabus.xyz/chan-tour  :  2  departures daily for Khon Kaen at 10:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. Cost: B 590. I have no idea if that website is current. I once bought a ticket there to go to Udon Thani. I don't think they have an online presence.

First time traveling with Chan tours a few years back, top front seat and looking forward to seeing some of issan until a cockroach appeared within the armrest. Looked like the bus was infested with them, could not relax after that, plus the mosquitoes. Will check out that web site.

Why not use NCA (Nakhonchai Air)?

It's very well reputed company.

The location of their bus terminal is described here:

(just opposite of junction of central rd. and Sukhumvit)

I move this thread to the Pattaya forum as you are asking about local specific information.

I amended the thread title.

Without trying to sound in any way funny or condescending. A good majority of the bar girls in Pattaya are your best source of information on busses to Esarn. If you go into the lovley corner bar  on the jct of soi 7 and beach road during the day ask for Tuk. Tell her what you want bus wise she will tell you exactly the times and were to get the bus and the cost. And no before the fools jump in she wont charge you a penny.

14 hours ago, midas said:

A good majority of the bar girls in Pattaya are your best source of information on busses to Esarn "

Except such bar girls are likely to refer you to the cheapest ones rather than the safest ones:blink:

https://www2.nakhonchaiair.com/

They know your farang and have money they will point you in right direction. Ps there are no safest ones. All death traps.

If i was OP i would fly to KK from BKK.

Caught the yellow bus from Pattaya to yasothon, it wasn't the VIP bus just the normal where there is a door behind the driver, so you feel locked it a cabin. Toilet very small and dated. Seats were ok but after a few hours it began to get uncomfortable. Set of on time, but the bus takes a route picking up passengers, so it's 2 hours before heading up north, well his was not true, he headed east to the Cambodia border to pick up passengers, he then followed the border before heading to wards buriram where we stopped at a very dirty cafe which must belong to the yellow bus company,  before booking, the schedule said that we would arrive in yasothon at 7:30pm but we didn't arrive to 9pm, I enjoyed he journey, it was just that we had told the hotel that we would be arriving at 8pm and also family were picking us up at the bus station. With 90 km to go at 7.30, around 54 miles, we expected to be in yasothon at 8:30 but the driver started making detours dropping people off. No entertainment on board and only a bottle of water. For 500 baht, can't complain, it's just the 13 hours sitting. Luckily no bugs or mosquitos on board, just one of the drivers wanting to chat to everyone once it went dark.  I will put this in the travel section for people thinking about using the yellow bus.

On 10/13/2017 at 8:59 PM, malct said:

We are booked on the yellow bus up to yasothon, then khon kaen

BTW, "yellow Bus" is part of RoongRueang Coach, the company that operates the Bangkok-Pattaya, Suvarnabhumi-Pattaya routes and the BELL TRAVEL SERVICE to/from Suvarnabhumi, that includes pick-up from your accomodation.

Oh and yes, I experienced bugs too some years ago on CHAN Bus from Udon to BKK. Not really huge roaches, but bugs for sure. But maybe that was part of their "VIP"-service, as we all know how much Isaan folks love to eat those fried critters. Maybe they expected PAX to collect those bugs on board and then hand them over to the guy at the frying pan during our scheduled break half way

Edited by siam2007