Bars open in Chaweng tonight? 5th October

31 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

They were closed in central Chaweng, as usual the further out you go the bigger chance to find something open. 

Ask earlier next time, as I was sitting in an open bar already ?

No worries!  Found one or two :smile:

Don't panic.

Following the news from Pattaya police it will be a "behind doors", "no open air music/party" policy.

I don't know what this means to typical open beer bars though.

Sitting in silence?

Of course you can expect one or more total closure days.

26 closed for sure and not only entertainment.

Wait for more to come.

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

Don't panic.

Following the news from Pattaya police it will be a "behind doors", "no open air music/party" policy.

I don't know what this means to typical open beer bars though.

Sitting in silence?

Of course you can expect one or more total closure days.

26 closed for sure and not only entertainment.

Wait for more to come.

Not much activity behind closed doors at Samui – especially not the "Beach Bar", and all the the beach parties, and almost open air dance and music events – only activity behind closed doors I can think of is the sometime referred to "nightlife mafia", if they are still around after the military began to check the island...:whistling:

If anyone is minded to buy a few bevvies from somewhere in the day time to drink at night, just be sure not to do so with any other people. They raided a "private party" being held on Phangan after the FMP was cancelled. I can just imagine the tales being told to friends back home how they were treated like criminals because they were doing what they came on holiday to do.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If anyone is minded to buy a few bevvies from somewhere in the day time to drink at night, just be sure not to do so with any other people. They raided a "private party" being held on Phangan after the FMP was cancelled. I can just imagine the tales being told to friends back home how they were treated like criminals because they were doing what they came on holiday to do.

I think you underestimate the adventurous nature of us young folk, or young at heart folk

They'll be telling tales to their friends back home of how awesome it was to go to a clandestine full moon party, only later for it to be raided by the military.

Honestly, you're so cynical!  "Don't buy drinks to drink with other people at night!  You'll be arrested for sure!"

Might be more to that story than just a few young folk sitting quiet in a corner of the beach with their drinks...:whistling:

Apparently more than a few folks  sitting quiet in a corner of the beach with their drinks...

...On the beach soldiers found more than 100 foreigners partying, Thairath reported.

Also found was evidence of illegal drug use and drugs for sale.

Soldiers confiscated 147 cylinders of Nitrous Oxide, commonly known as hippy crack, as well as a large amount of cannabis and other drug paraphernalia...

Source: Soldiers raid unofficial Full Moon Party on Koh Phangan (Samui Times)

On 10/8/2017 at 8:25 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

...They raided a "private party" being held on Phangan after the FMP was cancelled. I can just imagine the tales being told to friends back home how they were treated like criminals because they were doing what they came on holiday to do.

Apparently they were "criminals", and more than a few folks sitting quiet in a corner of the beach with their drinks...

...On the beach soldiers found more than 100 foreigners partying, Thairath reported.

Also found was evidence of illegal drug use and drugs for sale.

Soldiers confiscated 147 cylinders of Nitrous Oxide, commonly known as hippy crack, as well as a large amount of cannabis and other drug paraphernalia...

15 hours ago, khunPer said:

Apparently they were "criminals", and more than a few folks sitting quiet in a corner of the beach with their drinks...

Not sure if you are being serious or not, but "evidence of drug taking" is not sufficient to brand everyone there a criminal.

Since when has more than a few folks gathering together for a private party been a crime in Thailand, worthy of sending the army in?

They came to Thailand to party, is the government going to refund their tickets and hotel fees as they were the ones that banned the FMP?

Edited by thaibeachlovers

12 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Not sure if you are being serious or not, but "evidence of drug taking" is not sufficient to brand everyone there a criminal.

Since when has more than a few folks gathering together for a private party been a crime in Thailand, worthy of sending the army in?

They came to Thailand to party, is the government going to refund their tickets and hotel fees as they were the ones that banned the FMP?

I'm serious – follow the Law or fly – no one will refund tickets for a force majeure cancellation, even I agree in that it was a bit late the information about cancellation came out.

Amazing Thailand's night-life is full og surprises – also closing hours and even days – and especially police and military drug tests; but you're (normally) only charged if your (urine) test comes out positive, or you are caught in the act, or you posses some illegal stuff...:whistling:

By the way, they did held FMP on Samui last Friday, so like many Samui party-tourists use to do when heading for Sunrise Beach, the Phangan party-folks could commute to Samui this time for Chaweng Beach; they normally also have a beautiful full Moon rising there...:smile:

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 5:13 PM, khunPer said:

I'm serious – follow the Law or fly – no one will refund tickets for a force majeure cancellation, even I agree in that it was a bit late the information about cancellation came out.

Amazing Thailand's night-life is full og surprises – also closing hours and even days – and especially police and military drug tests; but you're (normally) only charged if your (urine) test comes out positive, or you are caught in the act, or you posses some illegal stuff...:whistling:

By the way, they did held FMP on Samui last Friday, so like many Samui party-tourists use to do when heading for Sunrise Beach, the Phangan party-folks could commute to Samui this time for Chaweng Beach; they normally also have a beautiful full Moon rising there...:smile:

follow the Law or fly

It's not the law. It's just someone said it should be so. If it was the law, the Samui one would not have happened.

follow the Law or fly

It's not the law. It's just someone said it should be so. If it was the law, the Samui one would not have happened.

It's "Law" of Koh Phangan in respect of the deceased king – and that's as good as any Dictate or Law from Bangkok, especially under military rule – and believe drugs are illegal anyway, so stay away. So if "just someone [Important] said it should be so", it shall be so; follow or fly...:whistling:

Samui night life seem to close little earlier at the moment, and the the music is not as loud as it use to be; i.e. the message from someone important in Bangkok said that indoor activities was allowed, but outdoor activities should be avoided; most venues at Samui are half outdoor or on the beach, so presume it's kind of local balance.

I think one shall expect everything to be closed this Friday (October 13th), and presumable again from 25th to 29th, at least October 26th. I'm not sure about the the 23rd, Rama V, think it also used to be closed.

:smile:

• 2 weeks later...