Yingluck considers asylum applications for UK, Germany and France

webfact

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

Pretty sure most modern governments would accept that a justice system "managed" by a junta would be suspect of being biased....she shouldn't have an issue.

When she is granted political asylum, no doubt that will be a huge loss of face for the Junta 555

5 minutes ago, Pattaya28 said:

She is the property of Thailand.

A fugitive.

She must be handed back.

Her life is certainly not in danger.

She's running away from jail. 

No other country can make a judgement on the Thai legal systems' fairness.

That's all.

1: Whilst Thailand is often described as a "feudal society" to describe her as the property of the country is certainly not the case.

2: Given what has happened to at least two other controversial prisoners of the junta whilst in custody there certainly is a case to be made for her fearing for her life if she is very imprisoned.

3: Every other country, even the most despotic can make a judgement on the Thai legal systems fairness. That judgement is central to any extradition case, for any person.

5 minutes ago, Pattaya28 said:

Theresa May commits a crime, gets jailed, and does a "runner".

Then claims asylum in Thailand. 

Cannot make this stuff up. :cheesy:

Oh I don't know, you seem to be in full (befuddled) flow!

13 hours ago, Thian said:

For europe one has to apply for asylum in the first country arrived....can't do several at the same time...and i think they'll extradict her the same day cause we don't like corruption.

When i apply for a Thai visa i also have to jump through many hoops, i'm married with a Thai lady and don't even have a criminal record or anything...Still they make it very hard for me and make up new demands at the spot (after driving 2 hours to the embassy).

She won't stay in Europe, there will be demonstrations against that...

She will get asylum with open arms as her country is being run by the army, get it, obviously not, back to the embassy you go till you get it right mate.

15 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

Pretty sure most modern governments would accept that a justice system "managed" by a junta would be suspect of being biased....she shouldn't have an issue.

She will have to duel it out in the UK courts.

Now let's see, who would you put your money on to make the best case? A automaton spokesman for the Junta or a razor sharp top British barrister?

Actually what I'm hearing is that she is unlikely to receive political asylum in the UK, not that we know she has asked for it.She's more likely to receive a long term permission to stay in the UK or Western European country of her choice.This will suit her as she just wants a quiet life now and to look after her son.It suits the Junta too as there will be no embarrassing international scrutiny of its legitimacy.

Extradition is out of the question for reasons discussed elsewhere.The question is whether the Junta will press for it anyway just because it can.That really depends whether Prayuth who is a wily old bird in his way predominates over the crazies who wouldn't recognise an obvious heffalump trap.

15 hours ago, KhonJaiYen said:

Love this headline 

Yingluck considers asylum applications for UK, Germany and France

Shouldn't it read 

UK, Germany and France consider asylum application for Yingluck

No It shouldn't. The first means she is considering which country to lodge an application and the second means that she has already lodged an application and the countries are considering whether to grant asylum to her.

13 hours ago, bangrak said:

Yingluck blah-blah-blah... Why do non-Shins-affiliated media go on publishing this kind of stuff? Has the Shins' political wing PTP an automatic access to your pages, or what? Dumple the Shins abroad in a dark silence, they'll hate it! Let their pawns run around, making little dust,in silence! Stop playing the Shins' propaganda games. Just wake up and put all spotlights on when a member of the clan gets cornered in another, next, murky, filthy, corrupt case! The hell with them!

Dumple the Shins , great name for a Jap. rock band.

18 hours ago, seajae said:

doubt it, we dont like corrupt criminals here, she was caught out and was found guilty by the same courts she presided over and found the opposition guilty.

What??? In a country that was founded by exiled prisoners?

17 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Just when the dumb and dumber thought they got the lead on her seeking UK asylum, she got to muddle up their thoughts and include German and France. It must be exhausting and taxing for those nitwits to re-think and come up with another silly comment.

WHY do not the SPIES know what she is applying for and where she is??

Welcome to Pandora's box.  I see a new set of immigrates on the horizon.  If any of these countries accepts Yingluck's application for asylum, then the flood gates are open.
Any Thai citizen who is afraid to speak out against the unelected regime for fear of reprisal, especially those who have already been jailed or threatened for voicing viewpoints unpopular to those now in charge, would have exactly the same cause to request asylum considering the precedent had been set.  I wonder if that will be weighed when considering her application. And Interpol will simply take any notices issued now and toss them in the circular file.  

Edited by CALSinCM

2 hours ago, Pattaya28 said:

She is the property of Thailand.

A fugitive.

She must be handed back.

Her life is certainly not in danger.

She's running away from jail. 

No other country can make a judgement on the Thai legal systems' fairness.

That's all.

You are certainly not well versed in international laws, any country can judge Thai fairness and give her asylum. Idi Amin a notorious leader of Uganda who is estimated to have killed  between 100 to 500 thousand of his own people who were in opposition to his rule was first granted asylum in Lybia and then finally settled in Saudi Arabia. Famous film director Roman Polanski was convicted in the USA of raping a 13-year-old girl and admitted to statutory rape. he fled the US and has been given sanctuary in many EU countries. The US has asked for his return on many occasions for over 40 years and has been refused on all of them.

18 hours ago, PREM-R said:

"......we dont like corrupt criminals here......."

What sort of criminals do you like ?  However, as I understand it, it is no longer a requirement to be a criminal, corrupt or otherwise, in order to reside in Australia.

Many uncorrupt criminals right here in Thailand, some of them not a million miles from the centre of power.

6 minutes ago, CALSinCM said:

Welcome to Pandora's box.  I see a new set of immigrates on the horizon.  If any of these countries accepts Yingluck's application for asylum, then the flood gates are open.
Any Thai citizen who is afraid to speak out against the unelected regime for fear of reprisal, especially those who have already been jailed or threatened for voicing viewpoints unpopular to those now in charge, would have exactly the same cause to request asylum considering the precedent had been set.  I wonder if that will be weighed when considering her application. And Interpol will simply take any notices issued now and toss them in the circular file.  

Where have you been living? Many Thai scholars and those in opposition to this Junta have already been given asylum overseas and many refugees from all over the world apply for and are granted asylum in many different countries on religious or political reasons.

Where are we here? Sitting back in Dubai in some luxury apartment cherry picking European asylum possibilities.

The lives of the rich and famous, get more and more ludicrous. I just have to be rich. I've decided.

17 hours ago, Pattaya28 said:

Theresa May commits a crime, gets jailed, and does a "runner".

Then claims asylum in Thailand. 

Cannot make this stuff up. :cheesy:

After Theresa May calls snap election, the army comes in and takes over the UK, committing treason at the time, Theresa May is then arrested for the huge losses in paying large subsidies to the EU to subsidize French agriculture. (a far bigger loss than the rice scheme) Theresa May fleas the UK to a far more civilized country, while all right thinking countries condemn the actions of the army. Ironically the army absolve themselves of all the crimes they have committed, which an amnesty bill by the elected government was the pretext for stealing democracy from the country in the first place.