gf son is pregnant

Putu94

The Gf my son find out she is pregnant. ( 10 days) omg. :sad:

Knowing each other a short time ( 3 weeks) and still studying.

After the "shock " , the parents GF wanted 200.000 bt.

or going to police because is Thai Law they say. 

Crazy? is this true?

even we not know if it is my son , because the Gf had other boyfriends.

Please let me know your advice , or what is the best to do.

Thanks a lot

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

Seems nobody knows if it's Thai law or not.

Hope it all works out for your family.

Do you think Sin Sod is a Thai law ?

I'm not 100 % sure myself but we know it exists 

I've seen this before as Village law - Kids maybe 17 yr old, girl(not pregnant) is seeing boy quite a lot so there was a demand for 20K bht. But the boy wanted her out so the girls mother came round like a raging bull (that provided some entertainment ) 

My Thai wife says If the girls are under 15 you have a problem.

If not the polis do nothing 

do a DNA test, and if it is positive you tell the parents that You take care of the baby,             then it is up to the girl and your son if he wants to go on with this lady

In my opinion, I would go far away from this greedy family. 

I was stuck in the same situation. But the sons girlfriend was only 14. They were threatening police, so I had to cough up the 100 000 baht and 1 baht gold for sin sot.

5 years on, they are still together, so it all worked out well.

Underage can be a big problem obviously.

What is the age of both the girl and your son. If both are 18 or older, there's no reason to panic. Agree simply to pay for pregnancy related expenses. Pretty sure Thai law does not make impregnating a girl above the age of majority if the father is right there to be a stand up guy. These a**holes are relying on your unfamiliarity with Thai law, and trying to scare money out of you. I'd call that blackmail. Consult a lawyer! And then report their attempt to coerce money out of you to the police. If you do go to the point where a DNA test is conducted, make sure you choose the lab and offer to pay. Do not allow the parents to bribe those ppl. This is a country where you should NEVER let your guard down.

I wish you luck on this. I hate to see farangs getting abused.

I would call their bluff.  First, she is only 10 days pregnant seems a little strange but possible I guess.

The problem that the girl is going to have if she has had a lot of BF is proving it is his.

Police can only get him so far if she is underage or he raped her.

I would tell the parents that they need proof and to guarantee that they will be helping her deliver.  Let's face it 10 days is nothing there so spontaneous abortions are easy.

43 minutes ago, ehs818 said:

What is the age of both the girl and your son. If both are 18 or older, there's no reason to panic. Agree simply to pay for pregnancy related expenses. Pretty sure Thai law does not make impregnating a girl above the age of majority if the father is right there to be a stand up guy. These a**holes are relying on your unfamiliarity with Thai law, and trying to scare money out of you. I'd call that blackmail. Consult a lawyer! And then report their attempt to coerce money out of you to the police. If you do go to the point where a DNA test is conducted, make sure you choose the lab and offer to pay. Do not allow the parents to bribe those ppl. This is a country where you should NEVER let your guard down.

I heard the age of consent for a Thai girl is 19.

Edited by Jing Joe

7 minutes ago, RBOP said:

OP says pregnant 10 days and son only knows her for 3 weeks. I'd say the OP is being scammed/ extorted.

Yes come to think of it' looking from a different angle is that half the worlds women would not know they may be pregnant 10 days in

44 minutes ago, Goanna said:

I was stuck in the same situation. But the sons girlfriend was only 14. They were threatening police, so I had to cough up the 100 000 baht and 1 baht gold for sin sot.

5 years on, they are still together, so it all worked out well.

Underage can be a big problem obviously.

Best answer!

The OP needs to ascertain the girls age first before deciding how deep the sh!t needs to get.

11 minutes ago, BEVUP said:

Yes come to think of it' looking from a different angle is that half the worlds women would not know they may be pregnant 10 days in

Chances are the girls period is 10 days late but not sure how many teenagers track their period so closely unless they're already banging like a dunny door in a thunderstorm.

4 hours ago, Putu94 said:

because the Gf had other boyfriends.

Yeah right let's call her a slapper and a whore and its nothing to do with your GF's idiotic and irresponsible son ! I suppose you were there when this girl was sleeping around and witnessed it all - I had plenty of GF when young, I did not sleep with them - maybe you should pay her now for defamation on insinuating she is an easy lay ?. Anyhow, unless it's your biological son, tell them to contact the blood father of your GF, who'll probably just pat his son on the back and say like father like son.

30 minutes ago, RBOP said:

OP says pregnant 10 days and son only knows her for 3 weeks. I'd say the OP is being scammed/ extorted.

Yes.    Was there a proper test? or just 10 days overdue? or hoping the scam will pay off $$ before the menses start again?

The girl may be lovely but who would want to have in-laws like that. 

Off to a bad cash-cow start.   Sorry for the lad.

1 hour ago, BEVUP said:

Do you think Sin Sod is a Thai law ?

I'm not 100 % sure myself but we know it exists 

I've seen this before as Village law - Kids maybe 17 yr old, girl(not pregnant) is seeing boy quite a lot so there was a demand for 20K bht. But the boy wanted her out so the girls mother came round like a raging bull (that provided some entertainment ) 

it only exists cos all these suckers pay

3 weeks is not even enough for the girl to know if she skipped a period. unless it was a blood test, which can detect pregnancy within a week from conception. if she is indeed pregnant, then your son maybe taking the fall for someone else's kid.

1 hour ago, ehs818 said:

I had a similar problem but with B in L family of girl he was sleeping with him both young. Wanted money so my wife said that makes your daughter a prostitute and if my husband has to pay does that mean he can sleep with your daughter also?

They soon went away.