gf son is pregnant

Putu94

3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Oh look!... the first Thai culture denier of the weekend!

agree .... really makes me laugh when I hear farang who claim they never paid sin sod,  never built a house, no car,   gave nothing to anyone ....  zilch   !!

yeah sure  !!   and she fell over backwards wanting to have you ...:cheesy:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If what I read is true, how do they know she is pregnant after only 10 days??  Impossible!!

DNA  DNA  DNA  no money should change hands until proven, giving money is equivelent to a confession in Thais eye.    Keep the kid at home and he should keep it in his pants until a Uterine DNA test can be done.

5 hours ago, dotpoom said:

Seems nobody knows if it's Thai law or not.

Hope it all works out for your family.

Not any Thai Law provides this.Besides ,Sin Sod is a custom,not a Law and as far as I am concern,"farangs" do not need to pay Sin Sod.

5 minutes ago, steven100 said:

agree .... really makes me laugh when I hear farang who claim they never paid sin sod,  never built a house, no car,   gave nothing to anyone ....  zilch   !!

Sure,only "farang" people  which are stupid pay Sin Sod or buy house here or buy a new car only for a pleasure for Thai spouse.

tell  the parents about the DNA test

If your son is the father  and they like each other they can stay together , but since the girls parents are not pregnant ...they have no reason to ask money , the young couple can stay together without mariage until they decide  otherwise. Parents have nothing to do with this.,

If your son is not the father ,that means the girl is a whore in disguise AND you ask money from the parents off the girl , for false accuse .

Let's see what they think about this.

19 minutes ago, marqus12 said:

Scam !

I had similar situations with a black girl when I was 22 years old.
I paid for the abortion but at 99% the kid was not mine.

Me as well - she showed up at my door with a new baby saying it was mine, I  asked her "Why do you know it's mine??"  she showed me the babies palms and bottom of its feet, which were white   =  I laughed and showed her in French what a Vasectomy was, I had had one four years before being with her in Cote d'Ivoire.  That was the end of that relationship, always hoped she would find the real father. 

Putu94    HOW OLD ARE THEY?????  since you live in Nakona Nowhere, Mahaasarakham  the village rules are if the girl is 15 and boy is 17 no harm, no foul.  Now if he is like 19 and she is 15 then  he is in big trouble for having sex with a minor, no win - baby his or not.  And you being Farang makes him a target for the parents' extortion and the police as well...........lay low, demand a DNA test in a hospital in Bangkok or Udon, well away from where you live.  or you are just leaving yourself open to extortion.:post-4641-1156694572:

Edited by TunnelRat69

18 minutes ago, vukovar77 said:

Sure,only "farang" people  which are stupid pay Sin Sod or buy house here or buy a new car only for a pleasure for Thai spouse.

sure .....  you are so handsome ...  you not hab to give me nothing darling  !  you handsome too mut.  lol

38 minutes ago, steven100 said:

No, have a rented house. My Wive has a own shop, financed with her own Money with great monthly profit. My Car i bought in my own Name in cash for myself.I never give or borrow Money to anybody. What BS you talk.

First the law in thailand is the girl must be older than 16 according my wife. Oh she is a lawyer. Sinsod is an old thing and i myself never paid. I pay for living and the household otemd. She pays the food. When with mother in law we do help but not 100% support. The advice of my wife is; Ask for DNAP test to be payd by the girls family first. Tell when the girl really pregnant from the boy you contribute for the kids life till 18 years of age. When they not agree go to the police yourself complaining you are tired of this and like the police to order the girls family to stop. Eh do this via a local police officer and hand him some cash. 5000 bath should help. Also what can do go and get some Thai men making statement at the police they also had sex with the girl.

This also can be used towards the family when they not cooperate. Since by this the girl will get a bad name my wife says things will stop also. One thing never pay anything to the family without a court order

6 hours ago, BEVUP said:

As above 

Until proven by DNA test

This is typical to ask for the money even if not pregnant - beware this could only be a down payment till the ceremony involving Sin Sod

The DNA test cannot be done on the growing fetus right? Is abortion illegal in Thailand?

Edited by Aditi Sharma
edit

8 minutes ago, Aditi Sharma said:

The DNA test cannot be done on the growing fetus right? Is abortion illegal in Thailand?

No kidding I should of been more elaborate 

Or in other words I wouldn't have any part as to the whole situation until the child is born so this could be verified 

6 hours ago, BEVUP said:

Do you think Sin Sod is a Thai law ?

I'm not 100 % sure myself but we know it exists 

I've seen this before as Village law - Kids maybe 17 yr old, girl(not pregnant) is seeing boy quite a lot so there was a demand for 20K bht. But the boy wanted her out so the girls mother came round like a raging bull (that provided some entertainment ) 

Sin Sod is not a Thai law, but it is a very common practice both rich and poor families, has been for centuries.

Many Thais do believe Sin Sod is actual law but that's not correct.

Other twists of Sin Sod abound - When my son asked his wife's family for permission to marry their daughter they agreed but asked for an immediate SIn Sod payment rather than wait for the ceremony at home planned for 6 months. They needed cash immediately because they had paid a builder a large deposit for a new home, then the builder immediately fled.  Son agreed and gave them a substantial amount in cash and some gold, all agreed there was no further payment expected.

When the actual local / village based ceremony came around other outer circle member of the family tried to insist that by Thai law the same cash and gold had to be paid again. But his wife's parents quickly told them to be quiet and back off.

Further, marriage at a commonly practised local house / village traditional ceremony at home is not marriage at law.

Marriage at a local government office using specific official documentation available at government office is legal and binding. It does not include details of Sin Sod.

Age of consent - there is specific Thai law but it's complicated in relation to various circumstances.

Edited by scorecard

22 minutes ago, Putu94 said:

thanks for all reply

Girl is 18 boy is 17 

and for sure they know to use condom or Pill

Lawyer  will be a good idea

If that is the case, her family cannot do anything at all. It was consensual and she was of age. We don't even need to go into whether or not the child is his. The only thing is in the village is that the offending family ' lose face ' unless its proved the child is not his.

The boy doesn't need you to bail him out and if he is the usual upcountry run-of-the-mill Thai male, he will not give a damn and just walk away and get on with his life,.

Why do you think the bars of Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket are full of women with 1,2 and 3 kids looking for a foreigner to marry them and ' take care of them '  saying the Thai man is ' no good! '

46 minutes ago, ujayujay said:

No, have a rented house. My Wive has a own shop, financed with her own Money with great monthly profit. My Car i bought in my own Name in cash for myself.I never give or borrow Money to anybody. What BS you talk.

oh yeah .... you give nothing.BS

2 hours ago, vukovar77 said:

I did not pay either and no one force me to pay

If it's the Thai custom to sell their daughter, refusing marriage unless the price is right, that's fine by me. Some might see that as human trafficking though. Just as long as they also adopt the custom of my country, which is that the brides father pays for the wedding. But the subject never came up with me either. I was unaware of such a thing (I was new to Thailand and only knew her for two weeks before we married 26+ years ago) and it was never mentioned.

2 hours ago, marqus12 said:

Scam !

I had similar situations with a black girl when I was 22 years old.
I paid for the abortion but at 99% the kid was not mine.

1% ?
You and She had to make love with many to arrive at this participation rate in the conception 555
Edited by Love66

8 hours ago, steve187 said:

deny, deny deny until proved otherwise

It is unlikely to be your son. Even if she got pregnant on the day they met (21 days ago), no pregnancy test would confirm that she was 10 days pregnant. More likely with someone at least 2 months ago or more.

2 hours ago, BEVUP said:

No kidding I should of been more elaborate 

Or in other words I wouldn't have any part as to the whole situation until the child is born so this could be verified 

Is this a situation where the girl will not abort even if she could if such a ghastly thing were done in Thailand and is asking for money?

11 hours ago, Putu94 said:

Crazy? is this true?

even we not know if it is my son , because the Gf had other boyfriends.

Please let me know your advice , or what is the best to do.

Thanks a lot

To my knowledge the problem with the Law is when the girl is under 18 years old (your son need her parent's permission), and even worse if under 15. However I can see in another post that you state the girl is 18, and your son is 17 only (perhaps the girl has a problem for seducing a minor?)

The age of consent in Thailand is 18 regardless of gender or sexual orientation, as specified by article 317,318 and 319 of the Thai Criminal Code. The current legislation applies to all regardless of gender or sexual orientation.

A high-profile example of this application of the law was a statutory rape charge filed against the lead singer of the Thai band Big Ass for allegedly having had sex with a (then) 16-year-old girl. The charge was filed by the girl after the singer refused to take responsibility for her baby. The singer has since been cleared of being the baby's father due to the results of a paternity test and he received 2 years suspended sentence.

Source: Wikipedia.

If the girls had other boyfriends, you should demand proof of father-ship, before any settlement.

To my knowledge about Thai culture, it's often a case of not "loosing face". When the girl is over 18, there should not be any Law in disfavor of your son (but check with a lawyer, to be sure), however he may be responsible and could be (if in Court) demanded to submit some child support; seem like, from what we hear in the news, to be in level of 3,000 baht to 5,000 baht a month plus half of school-money.

Then comes the difficult question if the youngsters loves each other – knowing teen age love can be relative short periods and change many times – and if they have a future together as family..?

Some families may look for a marriage ceremony (village marriage, not registered, as one part is minor) and sin sot, for not loosing face; but seem like (in my observations) that some (if not most) of these early teen-marriages don't last (long time, i.e. only short time).

However, some times 200,000 baht is a (relative, of course depending of financial state) cheap price to pay, to avoid a lot of problems; especially of the case can be settled once-and-for-all (maybe a lawyer is needed to draw an agreement).

3 hours ago, steven100 said:

oh ... you don't hab to give anything   !!  our family want you   !! 

Yeah,I do not need to pay for a love or somebody attention .I feel pity for You,cos. it seems that you need money cos. your flaws ,but money does not guarantee you nothing for a long time!