"Sorry we set light to your son - we were just having a laugh" teens tell distraught mother.

rooster59

Just now, TKDfella said:

Have you looked on a mosquito spray aerosol. It will have the fire hazard symbol image.png.84f69e4a187520d4959ff1d96c6765d6.png and in Thai it says ไวไฟ meaning inflammable. So these kids couldn't read either eh?

I do not think that it was intentional to cause the burns

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well there are a couple of posters here who show compassion for the guys, yes indeed, it could well be a 'prank' that went too far, and yes there is room to give the boys the benefit of the doubt. I believe the mother would probably agree.

But as a parent when your offspring inadvertently cause damage to another human being, then, you do all you possibly can to make amends, so I am in complete agreement with the push for compensation, and the fact that this has to happen is atrocious. The agreed compensation and medical bills should be paid or jail time for the parents, teach them a lesson, make an example of them, because they are the ones who demonstrate no remorse for the happening, by not honoring the agreement. 

55 minutes ago, TKDfella said:

You may not think so but you don't know. That's why a JFC hearing is required and should be sought.

• The fact that they were all friends, messing around together, suggests that harm wasn't intended . All involved seem to accept that it was a prank gone wrong

1 hour ago, nahkit said:

So what do you think they were intending to do when they set fire to an inflammable substance?

Could well have been that they just set fire to the canister where the spray emits from , unaware that it would cause a fireball inside ?

(Not that I'm saying that thats a clever or acceptable thing to do )

4 hours ago, Billy Bloggs said:

Shit I see a whole lot of goody two shoes on here who never did anything in their younger days that went badly pear shaped at sometime(I know I did a few), yes the boys were stupid, if what they say is true they did a thing that they probably had no idea would go as bad as it did or they were as guilty as sin and were bullying the boy in question, but you cant find that out easily.

I did lots of bad stuff when I was younger but never lit anyone on fire. Proud to be a "goody two shoes".

11 hours ago, sanemax said:

Terrible thing to happen to the boy, but is was accidental .

The other kids didnt intentionally try to cause the burns .

Yes, a stupid thing to do , but kids do stupid things

Yes, and when you do a stupid thing, especially when it causes serious harm to someone else, you should have to pay a serious price so you learn a lesson.

12 minutes ago, charmonman said:

Yes, and when you do a stupid thing, especially when it causes serious harm to someone else, you should have to pay a serious price so you learn a lesson.

I wasnt suggesting that the kids should not face any consequences

But you have to take into consideration that it wasnt intentional

common sense say's these kids were messing about and they inflicted serious injury which could have also been alot worse.

common sense say's these boys should receive some form of punishment to deter them from doing it again or to make them realize this behaviour is not acceptable in any society.

14 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Apparently to threathen a young boy's life can bail you out with wai's....but lack of the 20'000THB  at immigration gets you locked up and deported if the boy in brown is in a bad mood ?....interesting....

Any mention of Trump and the Red Bull guy ?

15 hours ago, sanemax said:

This may well be the most ridiculous thing I have ever read on Thai Visa.

These boys new exactly what would happen or they would not have done it.

They just didn't realise there would be consequences.

4 minutes ago, Ulic said:

This may well be the most ridiculous thing I have ever read on Thai Visa.

These boys new exactly what would happen or they would not have done it.

They just didn't realise there would be consequences.

So, how do you know what the boys thought ?

Do you think that the kids tried to kill their friend by setting him on fire ?

They may have been murderous evil kids, or they may have been messing around and the prank went wrong .

IMO, its the latter

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

So, how do you know what the boys thought ?

Do you think that the kids tried to kill their friend by setting him on fire ?

They may have been murderous evil kids, or they may have been messing around and the prank went wrong .

IMO, its the latter

Obviously, the boys weren't thinking at all. I see it everyday with youths doing wheelies on their motorbikes with no helmets [and with their mates on the back] = no thinking.

I remember, as a kid, I "helped" a builder working on my parent's shop by nailing extra nails into his saw horse because I thought it was too wobbly. All those nails did a lot of damage to the blades of his circular saw. My parents had to pay for that and I got a kick up the arse.

Here the school and the boys' parents have to pay for all the medical expenses of their thoughtlessness. Sadly, they seem to be reneging on their responsibility. And a good kick up the rear end wouldn't hurt the boys either.

10 hours ago, sanemax said:
  • The fact that they were all friends, messing around together, suggests that harm wasn't intended . All involved seem to accept that it was a prank gone wrong

Spraying your 'friend' with an inflammable liquid and torching it . . . hardly a prank.

17 hours ago, sanemax said:

I don't think it's accidental at all 

So they happen to have a can of bug spray & of all things a lighter to go with it (at school )

= they knew exactly what they were doing

And the lighter they used was to bring some light into the closet so their "friend" could see better.

20 hours ago, worgeordie said:

"His mother Kotchaphan Bunthong, 42, would not let the matter rest and has gone to the Paweena Hongsakul foundation to seek justice." Police not doing their job again ?

"The mother is furious that parents of the boys have reneged on promises to pay for her sons medical treatment" complete lack of responsibility here.

regards worgeordie

You're right but unfortunately it seems par for the course. Stupid is as stupid does and as per usual know one accepts responsibility and the Police standby and do nothing. A simple Wai will do - how pathetic!

I bet you would not have those same nonsensical thoughts if it were your son or daughter! :post-4641-1156693976:

Archived