Organic law on political parties is now in force

rooster59

Organic law on political parties is now in force

0410001.png

The organic law on political parties is now in force after His Majesty the King has endorsed the legislation.

According to the Royal Gazette released to the public today, His Majesty the King has given approval to the organic law on political parties on September 30.

The law has 152 articles and becomes effective the next day after it is published in the Royal Gazette.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/organic-law-political-parties-now-force/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-10-07

Simply put for the next 20 years the old men until therein boxes will still get there cut. Yes where only uneducated pretenders in greens. But we were tuff enough to fool you lol. 

In another country they would have failed and been jailed. In Thailand it's a routine accepted by the peasants.

Political parties law takes effect

By KASAMAKORN CHANWANPEN 
THE SUNDAY NATION

3f0f4778c324cae412427c29d1e641e7.jpeg

THE ORGANIC law on political parties, which introduces the primary voting system, is in effect today after it was published in the Royal Gazette yesterday.

The law has 11 sections covering 152 articles. It is the third of the 10 organic laws that have received royal endorsement so far. The first two were the laws concerning the Election Commission and criminal procedures against political office holders.

It is unclear when the junta will lift the ban on political gatherings and political activities. Many people have concerns that the political parties law lays out so many new rules that parties may require some time to meet them before the election.

The new stipulations include the primary voting system in which the selection of MP candidates will be done through internal voting within parties. Previously, the party’s board had nearly absolute power to pick candidates to run in an election.

Although some people view the practice as democratic, allowing more participation, political parties have expressed concern that it will create a financial burden for them. Smaller parties might not have the capability to carry out internal polls.

Other controversies came after it was revealed that the law includes the collection of the annual membership fee and the setting up of branches across the country. Political parties argued that these could be very challenging, even impractical, especially when they had limited time to prepare for the election.

Involved agencies such as the Electoral Commission, however, have insisted that the new rules were necessary to bring about change and reform.

The political parties law is one of the four organic laws crucial for holding an election. Besides the EC law that has also already been promulgated, the other two necessary laws for an election are the MPs and Senate laws.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30328727

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-10-08

9 hours ago, candide said:

Didn't I read somewhere that after this law is in force, political parties would be allowed to resume their activities?

Lol!

Yes and they also said elections will be held 150 days after the organic law is passed so that means around the 8th of March 2018.

10 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Tough going to form a new party with the requirement of 500 members and limits on contribution. With the addition of primary election requisite, new parties will find finance a problem.

Even harder, they must have an MP in every constituency, so they need to have an office and members in every province. 

Most of past 70 parties will probably fold. Leaving a few larger parties to put up with. 

I imagine most party members will be fighting about not wanting to be the pm. The outcome is never good. Unless you are a democrate. 

21 minutes ago, greenchair said:

Even harder, they must have an MP in every constituency, so they need to have an office and members in every province. 

Most of past 70 parties will probably fold. Leaving a few larger parties to put up with. 

I imagine most party members will be fighting about not wanting to be the pm. The outcome is never good. Unless you are a democrate. 

If that is the case, then we can see what is coming....

"Your party may well have a majority in the elected house, and won a landslide majority of the popular vote, but you didn't field a candidate in "xyz" so sorry, the result is invalidated. Mr Abhisit will take it from here..."

1 hour ago, JAG said:

"Your party may well have a majority in the elected house, and won a landslide majority of the popular vote, but you didn't field a candidate in "xyz" so sorry, the result is invalidated. Mr Abhisit will take it from here..."

And since the senators are all appointed by the old elite it doesn't matter what the people vote for anyway.

9 hours ago, rooster59 said:

It is unclear when the junta will lift the ban on political gatherings and political activities.

What isn't unclear is that the junta will continue to wield Article 44 with the potential to assure the outcome of the election. A law with 11 sections covering 152 articles is meaningless if elections are not free and fair to all eligible voters and candidates.

19 hours ago, candide said:

Didn't I read somewhere that after this law is in force, political parties would be allowed to resume their activities?

Lol!

Nah that just big Thai joke. They tell that others leaders when they do there junkets overseas Big laugh

7 hours ago, Becker said:

And since the senators are all appointed by the old elite it doesn't matter what the people vote for anyway.

I think you're right.  It will be exactly like the current Myanmar government where the military generals still have total control.

9 hours ago, JAG said:

Prayuth will decide who wins the election, it is set up so it is impossible for his side to loose.

Can someone tell me what "an Organic Law" is? I studied Organic Chemistry at college, and I am confused. Is it a reference to Organic Crop production where mam made chemicals are not used for fertilizer, just natural products processed from human and animal waste products, for example: bs.

3 minutes ago, peterpaintpot said:

Can someone tell me what "an Organic Law" is? I studied Organic Chemistry at college, and I am confused. Is it a reference to Organic Crop production where mam made chemicals are not used for fertilizer, just natural products processed from human and animal waste products, for example: bs.

I believe it's a law created by the military to ensure the military always has total control of the country and citizens.

4 hours ago, peterpaintpot said:

organic law
noun

1. a law stating the formal constitution of a nation.

8 hours ago, dcnx said:

Wonder if they faxed that to Germany or spent a few thousand dollars flying it there and back on Thai.

Well someone, who better not be named (like that guy from Harry Potter) has own Boeing and residence in Germany... no need to fax

14 hours ago, Thechook said:

Prayuth will decide who wins the election, it is set up so it is impossible for his side to loose.

Yep  Even if they dont get one vote they will still win Anybody who says the election is rigged are just taken away to be re-educated and when or if they come back  they will be saying "Honest and Fair election"