No daytime internet from True Online for 10 days.

giddyup

No advance notice, no apologies for the inconvenience, True just decide to perform "maintenance" from 6am to 6pm, every day for 10 days, so no internet between those hours. When I asked what kind of rebate I could expect on my bill, they said they could offer 1 days mobile connection, which is useless to me as my phone is just a basic make and receive calls model. These people have absolutely no concept of the meaning of customer service. BTW, I live on the Darkside in case anyone is wondering, so don't know if other areas are affected.

Edited by giddyup

I had no internet connection about 3 days ago and called the service number. I was told that there was repair work being done that would take place for another week, thus no internet at all for a week for a large area in Pattaya. I live in South Pattaya.  I hung up on the rep. I went to the local office on Pattaya Tai, explained what happened on the phone with the rep, and was told the same thing. Work being done, sorry, you can request an adjustment to your bill AFTER  you receive the bill, and blah blah blah. I was pissed off. I went home and low and behold, it was working. Don't despair is what I'm saying to you. One hand here has no idea that they have other hands. Hopefully it'll come back up as they clear certain areas and service returns. For the record, I had intended to go to TOT and get their Fiber service. But as luck had it, my problem just went away. Jai yen yen....

I also live in the Darkside and for a month True Online was interrupted a couple of times during the daytime, specially in the morning. Just for a few minutes and then it came back again. Knock it off, but the last week it's pretty stable again.

To end positive, the speed went up from 12 to 23 Mbps for free.

Here in Samui, Maret sector same for a few days, no True internet all day long for a few days now.

Since I have internet with my iPhone I made a personal hotspot and almost forget there was no internet, yesterday night I watch a movie,  iPhone connected to Macbook itself connected to the TV in HDMI. I did not know it was maintenance, I thought it was the rain.

6 hours ago, Jack Mountain said:

I also live in the Darkside and for a month True Online was interrupted a couple of times during the daytime, specially in the morning. Just for a few minutes and then it came back again. Knock it off, but the last week it's pretty stable again.

A neighbour said they get around 80 Mbps from 3BB for the same price as True. Seems my choice is clear.

8 hours ago, Jack Mountain said:

Can someone tell me where is the area considered : The Darkside"

1 minute ago, Tony125 said:

Can someone tell me where is the area considered : The Darkside"

Khao Noi, Khaotalo, SCC road, Nern Plubwan, around that area mainly. A Google search of "where is the darkside Pattaya" would also have answered your question.

13 hours ago, ehs818 said:

I had no internet connection about 3 days ago and called the service number. I was told that there was repair work being done that would take place for another week, thus no internet at all for a week for a large area in Pattaya. I live in South Pattaya.  I hung up on the rep. I went to the local office on Pattaya Tai, explained what happened on the phone with the rep, and was told the same thing. Work being done, sorry, you can request an adjustment to your bill AFTER  you receive the bill, and blah blah blah. I was pissed off. I went home and low and behold, it was working. Don't despair is what I'm saying to you. One hand here has no idea that they have other hands. Hopefully it'll come back up as they clear certain areas and service returns. For the record, I had intended to go to TOT and get their Fiber service. But as luck had it, my problem just went away. Jai yen yen....

Trust me dump True and switch to AIS.  Their internet service is so much better and faster, as well as cheaper.  

Trust me dump True and switch to AIS!  True SUCKS!  And I agree their customer service sucks to, but AIS is so much better.  True should change their company name to Lie.  AIS is AWESOME!  Really fast internet and I get almost all of my American television channels that I had in the states for a hell of a lot cheaper than what I ever paid in the States.  AIS offers SO MUCH BETTER service than True and it's cheaper than True as well.  I never have any problems with my internet service with AIS and their internet speed is FAST!  

I dumped True and went with AIS back in January because True lost their contract for all the American television channels such as HBO.  What happened was that True got greedy and wanted more money from HBO and HBO basically told True to piss off.  I'm actually glad that happened because now I'm getting all of the same channels that I had with True to include A LOT MORE channels that we didn't have before.  Now we also get CNN, Fox News, Sky News, and pretty much all the American and a lot of foreign news channels.  We get the FX channel, the National Geographic channels, and so many other channels that we didn't have before with True.  And of course we got all of our HBO channels back as well to include Cinemax, all of the Fox movie channels, the Fox crime channels, and just a lot of other channels that True never had.  The list of television channels that I have now is almost as much as I had in the States with DirecTV to include a lot of foreign channels.  

My motivation to switch to AIS was when True just suddenly lost HBO back in January.  When I switched to AIS I discovered that their internet service is also better than True Online, it has to be because all of our cable channels are actually streamed through the internet, and it works great no problems at all.  AND THERE IS NEVER ANY SERVICE INTERRUPTION, most importantly.  I switched everything to AIS, our iPhone service, cable TV, and of course internet service.  The cable and internet service goes together with AIS because your television channels are streamed through the internet, but if all you care about is internet that's fine you can just go with AIS internet service if that's what you choose.  AIS has several different packages with a lot of options.  AIS definitely has a lot more options than True.  

Personally I recommend doing what I did and just switch all of your services to AIS phone, cable, and internet because True's service just absolutely sucks.  Their customer service everything sucks.  

When I switched to AIS even my wife's family switched to AIS as well when they saw how good and fast their internet service is, and how much cheaper their internet service is.  I actually taught my wife's family something for once.  

Although beware because when you dump True they might try to rip you off when you close your account.  When I closed all of our True accounts they tried to screw me out of a lot of money, but my wife's family helped me out with that they wrote a letter to someone I don't know who saying that True was trying to overcharge me which they were.  

True did end up getting a lot of money out of me when I closed all of our accounts but not as much as they were trying to get because my wife's family helped me.  I also made it very difficult for True to collect it I spent a few months arguing with their corporate office before we finally came to an agreement and then I finally paid them off.  True is criminal and I just want to take this opportunity to let as many people as possible know that there is a much better option than True.  There is AIS and they are SO MUCH BETTER.  

12 hours ago, giddyup said:

Khao Noi, Khaotalo, SCC road, Nern Plubwan, around that area mainly. A Google search of "where is the darkside Pattaya" would also have answered your question.

His True internet is down!

On 10/7/2017 at 7:11 PM, joepattaya1961 said:

True Internet and the Darkside.....a bad combination. 

Used to use them for 3 years.......a real pain in the a**

Not much better on the lightside.

The words 'customer service' do not exist in their vocabulary.

I dropped TRUE internet service about a year ago. Absolutely appalling and also irritating to watch their go-go ads for superspeed service. PS beware of the triple play bundled internet/TV/mobile sim service. Cannot suspend the phone service so must keep paying for that while everything else has been stopped. And if you do close the triple play bundle, you lose the sim card phone number. No switch to pre-pay.

Edited by SheungWan

• 2 months later...
On 10/9/2017 at 12:20 AM, serpent32 said:

Trust me dump True and switch to AIS!  True SUCKS!  And I agree their customer service sucks to, but AIS is so much better.  True should change their company name to Lie.  AIS is AWESOME!  Really fast internet and I get almost all of my American television channels that I had in the states for a hell of a lot cheaper than what I ever paid in the States.  AIS offers SO MUCH BETTER service than True and it's cheaper than True as well.  I never have any problems with my internet service with AIS and their internet speed is FAST!  

I dumped True and went with AIS back in January because True lost their contract for all the American television channels such as HBO.  What happened was that True got greedy and wanted more money from HBO and HBO basically told True to piss off.  I'm actually glad that happened because now I'm getting all of the same channels that I had with True to include A LOT MORE channels that we didn't have before.  Now we also get CNN, Fox News, Sky News, and pretty much all the American and a lot of foreign news channels.  We get the FX channel, the National Geographic channels, and so many other channels that we didn't have before with True.  And of course we got all of our HBO channels back as well to include Cinemax, all of the Fox movie channels, the Fox crime channels, and just a lot of other channels that True never had.  The list of television channels that I have now is almost as much as I had in the States with DirecTV to include a lot of foreign channels.  

My motivation to switch to AIS was when True just suddenly lost HBO back in January.  When I switched to AIS I discovered that their internet service is also better than True Online, it has to be because all of our cable channels are actually streamed through the internet, and it works great no problems at all.  AND THERE IS NEVER ANY SERVICE INTERRUPTION, most importantly.  I switched everything to AIS, our iPhone service, cable TV, and of course internet service.  The cable and internet service goes together with AIS because your television channels are streamed through the internet, but if all you care about is internet that's fine you can just go with AIS internet service if that's what you choose.  AIS has several different packages with a lot of options.  AIS definitely has a lot more options than True.  

Personally I recommend doing what I did and just switch all of your services to AIS phone, cable, and internet because True's service just absolutely sucks.  Their customer service everything sucks.  

When I switched to AIS even my wife's family switched to AIS as well when they saw how good and fast their internet service is, and how much cheaper their internet service is.  I actually taught my wife's family something for once.  

Although beware because when you dump True they might try to rip you off when you close your account.  When I closed all of our True accounts they tried to screw me out of a lot of money, but my wife's family helped me out with that they wrote a letter to someone I don't know who saying that True was trying to overcharge me which they were.  

True did end up getting a lot of money out of me when I closed all of our accounts but not as much as they were trying to get because my wife's family helped me.  I also made it very difficult for True to collect it I spent a few months arguing with their corporate office before we finally came to an agreement and then I finally paid them off.  True is criminal and I just want to take this opportunity to let as many people as possible know that there is a much better option than True.  There is AIS and they are SO MUCH BETTER.  

That sounds exactly what I need. I'm sick of the problems with Tru. Does their service area include the dark side as well as Jomtien?

Thanks

AIS fibre works most of the time here in the Naklua area. I only subscribe to their cheapest package so only pay 630 baht . We do have some problems with slow speeds, especially in the evening and weekends when the traffic is high. But all in all I think its great value for what we pay for.  

16 hours ago, Kitmakmak said:

That sounds exactly what I need. I'm sick of the problems with Tru. Does their service area include the dark side as well as Jomtien?

Thanks

I ended up going with 3BBB, much faster than True, about the same price, and what's more important, reliable.