NRA opposes outright U.S. ban on gun devices used by Las Vegas killer

webfact

5 hours ago, ross163103 said:

Point taken on the Thailand vs USA handgun/personal safety issue. But saying that, how many mass shootings has Thailand had compared to the US(?). maybe because assault rifles aren't really available here?

The gun shops in BKK Chinatown seem to be all stocked up on AR-15's and/or copies.  Not to mention the "leakage" of military and law enforcement weapons, plus all the ones coming across the borders.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/11/2017 at 9:17 AM, impulse said:

Drilling down through some statistics, the odds of a Thai gun being used to murder someone is 15 times higher than the odds of a gun in the USA being used to kill someone.  Don't believe me?  Look up how many guns there are in Thailand and the firearm murder rate, then do the same for the USA.

Not a valid point in this thread. No secret both countries have gun problems. The US  rates pretty far down on the deaths by gun list, are you suggesting we should we wait til we're number one to implement any kind of precautionary measures.

Mass shootings is a primarily an American problem and needs to be dealt with regardless of how US statistics compare to other countries.

It puzzles me why so many American males are so scared? I can just about understand a hand gun. Just about. A shot gun in the countryside? No problem. Rifles for game? Locked up centrally.

But semEYE  automatics? Let's get real here! You people must have very many enemies or you're just scared! Wooohooo

You seem all clued up on "ammo" and sears and stocks. Where's the common sense?

I'd make all ammo illegal to own or sell.

http://www.gunsandammo.com/tactical/best-ar-15-cartridges-right-now/

This BS is just shameful. Wait 'til you get a grown up president!!

Edited by Grouse

I lived in the US for over 40 years before leaving to live overseas. Half of that was in an area with a very high gun ownership for both hunting and "self protection". The only people I knew of that got shot (3), we're shot by their own weapon. 

Just sayin'.?

TH 

7 minutes ago, thaihome said:

I lived in the US for over 40 years before leaving to live overseas. Half of that was in an area with a very high gun ownership for both hunting and "self protection". The only people I knew of that got shot (3), we're shot by their own weapon. 

Just sayin'.?

TH 

I recall from my days in Austin, TX and Chandler, AZ. Colleagues would occasionally invite you back (y'all come on back now). Inevitably you would get a conducted tour of the home "arsenal" and the jacked up Jeep Wrangler. It was all I could do to stop tittering and asking to see the Sheriff's badge. Look, get real; sell the guns and the Jeep and buy a Land Rover! Above and beyond!

Instead of bump stocks we can talk bump stops and diffs and real man stuff!

On 10/11/2017 at 10:25 PM, billd766 said:

How many times have you or any of your family or friends ever been threatened by a person with a gun in Thailand?

Or know anyone who has. I have lived here more than 25 years and never heard of even one person.

I think most of the gun killings take place in the South by muslims wanting a separate state.

On 10/13/2017 at 6:08 PM, thaihome said:

Just sayin'.?

TH 

Agree. Fact that there is more children vs children shootings compare to terrorist attacks in the US shows that one does not need so many guns. People argue its their right, ok, give people guns but make it strict - if you need to get license renew and check ups to drive, why not do the same with guns? It just common sense that, but guess the gun industry cares about selling more guns than safety.

After the massacre at Las Vegas some Republicans are now saying they are open to consider banning the devices that convert semi -assault weapons into  fully automatic to prevent further massacres of that nature.

However they would never consider banning semi-assault weapons because occasional small massacres are a small price to pay to preserve the right of citizens to own these weapons.