Aggressive, annoying Africans

a1falang

I've noticed recently the Africans who hang around Sukhumvit soi 13 selling drugs or whatever they "offer" are increasingly aggressive. The other day, one actually called me a n****r (this is hilarious since I'm paler than Snow White) when I ignored his greeting while walking along Sukhumvit Road minding my own business. The next day, another one started following me yelling "HELLO, MY FRIEND, HOW ARE YOU? HELLO? HELLO?!" for about 20 metres until I glared at him and said "Don't talk to me." They are big and congregate in packs at narrower parts of the footpath, so I doubt I'm the only one who finds them intimidating and irritating. African prostitutes also often block your passage or grab your arm and walk with you when you have not shown the slightest interest. (At least the Thai ones stay off to the side.) What I don't get is how this is allowed mere metres from the police checkpoint in front of the Hyatt Hotel under construction? Presumably, they're paying the police off, so If I complained to the one of the police officers there about being hassled every time I go out, I'd be the one arrested for causing a public nuisance? Would one of the hotels like Sofitel have to make an official compliant that their guests complained about being harassed before something was done to get rid of them? (I'm amazed what the police will allow to tarnish Thailand's image as a tourist destination when Thailand is supposedly a face-conscious culture.)

Edited by a1falang

You're absolutely right, the entire lot of them are pain in the arse, including the disgusting, arm-grabbing, black prostitutes.

What you're mistaken about, though, is it that there is not a police checkpoint there, it is a resting place for the BMA inspectors to play in their phones.   They are not police and have no responsibility for, nor any interest in, doing the police's work.

42 minutes ago, MrPatrickThai said:

Must be the way you dress, or look. They never hassle me.

Do you mean the drug dealers or their whores never hassle you?  Perhaps you should start dressing up a bit then the whores might have more interest in you, or dressing down if you'd prefer attention from the dealers!

36 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Do you mean the drug dealers or their whores never hassle you?  Perhaps you should start dressing up a bit then the whores might have more interest in you, or dressing down if you'd prefer attention from the dealers!

You are weird,

10 hours ago, Just Weird said:

You're absolutely right, the entire lot of them are pain in the arse, including the disgusting, arm-grabbing, black prostitutes.

What you're mistaken about, though, is it that there is not a police checkpoint there, it is a resting place for the BMA inspectors to play in their phones.   They are not police and have no responsibility for, nor any interest in, doing the police's work.

Ah right! Thanks for pointing this out.

13 hours ago, Just Weird said:

God, don't you know the difference between tessagit, paw raw baw and BMA? Sorry not allowed to write Thai here.

Edited by MrPatrickThai

14 hours ago, a1falang said:

Presumably, they're paying the police off, so If I complained to the one of the police officers there about being hassled every time I go out, I'd be the one arrested for causing a public nuisance?

One would hope so.

Would one of the hotels like Sofitel have to make an official compliant that their guests complained about being harassed before something was done to get rid of them?

Probably not because nobody really likes a snowflake.

(I'm amazed what the police will allow to tarnish Thailand's image as a tourist destination when Thailand is supposedly a face-conscious culture.)

Still at the shallow end of the Thai culture and face comprehension pool then?

29 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Probably not because nobody really likes a snowflake.

OMG. You're calling a white person a "snowflake". This is an obvious allusion to skin colour and is very problematic. I am hereby officially TRIGGERED by your racist micro-aggression and unconscious bias.

3 hours ago, MrPatrickThai said:

God, don't you know the difference between tessagit, paw raw baw and BMA? Sorry not allowed to write Thai here.

I do, that's why I mentioned it to the OP who clearly didn't, see his post #10.

Those officials near the Hyatt construction are not police, they are BMA officers there for enforcing the pavement clearance policy.

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

I do, that's why I mentioned it to the OP who clearly didn't, see his post #10.

Those officials near the Hyatt construction are not police, they are BMA officers there for enforcing the pavement clearance policy.

If only they'd keep the pavement clear of drug dealers and prostitutes. The vendors were a soft target and added a nice street vibe, at least.

Last week i was in the skytrain to Asok and there was a farang with an african hooker (very short pants with very fat legs). They started with the foreplay in the middle of the train while talking dirty very loud.

My wife just looked the other way and so did most thai but it was right next to me and i found it disgusting. Deep kissing, touching/grabbing everywhere and so on...

Disgusting people, both of them.

On 10/10/2017 at 2:29 PM, a1falang said:

OMG. You're calling a white person a "snowflake". This is an obvious allusion to skin colour and is very problematic. I am hereby officially TRIGGERED by your racist micro-aggression and unconscious bias.

Snowflake is also a neologism, well defined by your triggering.

I've noticed recently the Africans who hang around Sukhumvit soi 13 selling drugs or whatever they "offer" are increasingly aggressive. The other day, one actually called me a n****r (this is hilarious since I'm paler than Snow White) when I ignored his greeting while walking along Sukhumvit Road minding my own business.

I would've done a Jackie Chan and replied back to him with a "What's up my nigger?" :smile:

7 hours ago, Thian said:

Last week i was in the skytrain to Asok and there was a farang with an african hooker (very short pants with very fat legs). They started with the foreplay in the middle of the train while talking dirty very loud.

My wife just looked the other way and so did most thai but it was right next to me and i found it disgusting. Deep kissing, touching/grabbing everywhere and so on...

Disgusting people, both of them.

You should've asked "Can i join in for a bit of a three-way action?" :partytime2:

On 10/10/2017 at 2:29 PM, a1falang said:

That term is one of the current buzz words used on Fox News and by Republicans to descrbe liberals.

Snowflake and Cupcake.

Edited by bkk6060

1 hour ago, bbi1 said:

You should've asked "Can i join in for a bit of a three-way action?" :partytime2:

So we can go see the doctor together afterwards and share the bill.

After dark all the farang punters come in the bts with their catch of the day. It's funny to hear their conversations though, many are drunk and only want one thing while they're home.