Reports that Yingluck has asylum status in UK need to be verified: Don

snoop1130

3 minutes ago, Becker said:

Now, now, calm down. Never a good idea to hit the Chang so early in the morning. Just out of curiosity, what exactly could Thailand "hit back" with? Should they refuse to export their seafood perhaps?

.... or rice....... that would be a killer stroke!

12 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

Is this a new law in the UK then, reporting every 3 months?

No mate in a civilise country they do not have laws like that now do they.

Even if it was required then she would just get a lacky to do it, jus' like wot I do, Jon.

Anyway with all the reports I see/read about the UK and the EU the word asylum fits in there nicely.

Edited by overherebc

18 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

So if she has been granted asylum which at this time is just speculation, what are they going to do, (1)invade the UK with the new subs?  (2)Tell all Brits to leave. (3) Do nothing as the UK would kick our ass if we tried.

There is not a thing they could do is there, Maybe call trump and ask him to help, but again we know the answer there.

So time to shut up and move on.

Yea exactly .if she has asylum it just shows a first world country operates with respect to freedomes and puts more egg in the face of this already covered junta

3 hours ago, Kasset Tak said:

If she is granted asylum in UK then I hope Thailand respond with something!

UK is to blame about much that is wrong in this region,  the law that foreigners can't own land in Thailand is there basically because of UK and France were "stealing" parts of what was then Siam. That is just one shining example on how UK <deleted> the world in the past... the same way that US keeps <deleted> the world today!

A balanced view, a chip on both shoulders...

Edited by JAG

20 hours ago, MickTurator said:

Maybe if they sent a forensic team to UK they could DNA test all the seats in the Foreign Office to check

Send a forensic team!? What did you say?? Forensic technology? What is that? Is it something new? We really have to look in to this.
Oh! It´s used when a crime happens. And you say that you can establish cause of death, and the identity of the perpetrator.
That´s great! I guess we will try and use that to see if it works next time something happens. 

Edited by Get Real

Why would YIngluck need asylum when she can easily obtain diplomatic passports from various nations and travel the world freely like Thaksin. Heck she most likely already has a foreign passport given that her brother could guide her through the process. You can buy almost anything with money.

It would be doubtful if the UK or its member countries would even reply for an extradition order on Yingluk , their dislike dealing with Junta's is well recorded, claiming asylum, hmm doubtful.................................:coffee1:

Edited by chainarong

5 hours ago, Kasset Tak said:

UK is to blame about much that is wrong in this region,  the law that foreigners can't own land in Thailand is there basically because of UK and France were "stealing" parts of what was then Siam. That is just one shining example on how UK <deleted> the world in the past... the same way that US keeps <deleted> the world today!

As JAG so accurately stated, you have a chip on both shoulders or maybe one  chip and French Fry.

IMO, the British and French left Siam alone as a buffer zone between their Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam possessions and Burma and Malaya under British control as well as eventually Singapore.None of these countries would be where they are today without some colonial influence, just look at India and how advanced they are given their massive population. In the opinion of many, a bit of colonial input into Siam/Thailand might have put it further ahead today than it is.

H.M.Rama V , King Chulalongkorn knew this, although he maintained strong independence from colonization but looked to the British in India for ways to improve his administration. A great king indeed.

1 hour ago, mike324 said:

Why would YIngluck need asylum when she can easily obtain diplomatic passports from various nations and travel the world freely like Thaksin. Heck she most likely already has a foreign passport given that her brother could guide her through the process. You can buy almost anything with money.

Asylum means a protected status, which will be recognised internationally. Having the cash to buy passports is jolly useful, but by the nature of things a country which will sell you citizenship is just as likely to take it away, and less likely or able to extend you it's protection internationally. 

Political asylum from HMs Government is, however much you may dislike the wicked English, internationally rather more "copper-bottomed".

1 hour ago, ratcatcher said:

As JAG so accurately stated, you have a chip on both shoulders or maybe one  chip and French Fry.

IMO, the British and French left Siam alone as a buffer zone between their Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam possessions and Burma and Malaya under British control as well as eventually Singapore.None of these countries would be where they are today without some colonial influence, just look at India and how advanced they are given their massive population. In the opinion of many, a bit of colonial input into Siam/Thailand might have put it further ahead today than it is.

H.M.Rama V , King Chulalongkorn knew this, although he maintained strong independence from colonization but looked to the British in India for ways to improve his administration. A great king indeed.

Interesting. I posted essentially identical information, but mine apparently was removed as "off topic".
Maybe because I agreed in the last sentence that the US, my birth nation, is a bit of a problem on the world stage.

55555 Loh Linn krab. (Good joke).

I don't believe it but if it's true i won't buy any Brittish products from now on... so no more uhhh uhhh....help, i can't remember to see "made in the UK" on any product i bought last years 55555.

22 hours ago, JAG said:

Asylum means a protected status, which will be recognised internationally. Having the cash to buy passports is jolly useful, but by the nature of things a country which will sell you citizenship is just as likely to take it away, and less likely or able to extend you it's protection internationally. 

Political asylum from HMs Government is, however much you may dislike the wicked English, internationally rather more "copper-bottomed".

The thing is that countries that will sell you citizenship won't just take it away, case in point. Thaksin with at least two diplomatic passports. It would be very hard for a country to take away a diplomatic passport once its issued, unless they receive enormous pressure from a country and interpol, but its highly unlikely especially with a country like Thailand which doesn't have much clout.

On 10/11/2017 at 5:36 AM, Kasset Tak said:

thanks for your insight, which institution do you attend.

bullS>>t is the only thing in their arsenal, the tanks and subs would say in port for sure

I don't believe it but if it's true i won't buy any Brittish products from now on... so no more uhhh uhhh....help, i can't remember to see "made in the UK" on any product i bought last years 55555.

just hope the British do not stop buying the rice and seafood and all the Thai restaurants in the UK are closed due to customers also not buying Thai, my god the TAX fiddles and cash from them will stop coming here also not to mention the import tax loaded against British goods.

Why not just wait and see if she applied, Time will tell

Edited by wakeupplease