60 day extension - new doc required

Went to Chaeng Wattana last week to extend Non-O entry for 60 days. Was advised that next time a copy of condo owners house book (am renting and on lease) will be required. Have never been asked for this before but told by two immigration officers (with warning ; let off this time due to recent law change)

A PIA for sure - just a heads up

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 50BahtLeo said:

Extension based on marriage not retirement, forgot to mention. I've never been asked to show financial proof of any kind before also, and this appears to have NOT changed.

They normally want proof of residence to apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife. It is not the same as applying for a 30 day extension of a tourist visa entry.

No financial proof is needed.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

They normally want proof of residence to apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife.

I have successfully received an extension 4 times without providing such. One problem appears to be that the rules are enforced haphazardly.

What is needed depends on which service and at which immigration-office.  There is no consistency - but thanks to the OP for warning about CW wanting "a copy of condo owners house book" for this service, at that location. 

At my office (Jomtien), for a 60-day "visit wife/family" extension, they want condo-owner's house-book, plus the owner's ID-card, plus the house-book of the condo being rented, plus owner's mortgage-docs on the condo being rented (if applicable / mortgage exists).