Leave country while non ) under consideration

Last time I asked for non as married I paid for a 60 day extension and at the end it was granted, can get a re -entry permit and come back before 60 days expire?

Will acknowledgement of the application allow me back in .

Any advice on fees last time the visa was 5000 and re-entry 3800 cash only

Does 400k need to be in bank deposiy account sole name 60-90 days or is 2 or 3 months please

Edited by RubbaJohnny

You can get a re-entry permit for the 60 day extension.

In topic title you mentioned under consideration. Did you apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage and then got a under consideration stamp with a report back date on it. You can also get a re-entry permit that will be valid for entry up to the report back date.

The fee for an extension is 1900 baht.  The fee for a single re-entry permit is 1000 baht and for multiple it is 3800 baht.

Just in case anyone else reads the topic with the misguiding headline for its purpose:

1) yes, you can leave while under consideration, but you will need new/separate re-entry permit (which will again expire on that "consideration date"). So for the 1 year extension renewal, you can end up with 3 multi-re-entry permits @ 3.9k each

2) you must be back on the "consideration" date to get your new extension stamped

3) your immigration officer can accelerate that process, but it will cost you dear (e.g. I paid 8k Baht, when I was at the end of the consideration but needed to leave country for 5 weeks -- but got what I paid for without drama)

4) if you travel a lot, for all the reasons above, I always advise to go to Savannaketh in order to dodge that  "under consideration" nonsense

Cheers

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Green Acres said:

Koh Samui Immigration has always required 3 months for an extension based on marriage. 

That is a Samui only rule. People should make them aware that the police order states it is only 2 months. It has been 2 months for about a decade.

10 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That is a Samui only rule. People should make them aware that the police order states it is only 2 months. It has been 2 months for about a decade.

They are fully aware. I showed the officer the police order a few years ago out of curiosity. She happily told me that it was a Samui rule... no 3 months, no extension. Period. Then she kept me and my wife busy for the next three hours doing additional paperwork to satisfy several other Samui rules. Since then I simply smile at everything and keep my mouth shut. Cést la vie...

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Green Acres said:

They are fully aware. I showed the officer the police order a few years ago out of curiosity. She happily told me that it was a Samui rule... no 3 months, no extension. Period. Then she kept me and my wife busy for the next three hours doing additional paperwork to satisfy several other Samui rules. Since then I simply smile at everything and keep my mouth shut. Cést la vie...

Yes, they seem to be free to make up their own laws, including ignoring the "legal" rules on the books, when convenient.  If an agent shows up with a stack of passports, at some officies, "no seasoning required" "no residence reporting required," etc. 

I would bet all of the "Samui Rules" can be set-aside for agent-processed applications, and that the purpose of "Samui Rules" is to encourage the use of agents.

5 hours ago, JackThompson said:

Yes, they seem to be free to make up their own laws, including ignoring the "legal" rules on the books, when convenient.  If an agent shows up with a stack of passports, at some officies, "no seasoning required" "no residence reporting required," etc. 

I would bet all of the "Samui Rules" can be set-aside for agent-processed applications, and that the purpose of "Samui Rules" is to encourage the use of agents.

The only agents I have ever seen were delivering Burmese workers passports, or tourist visa extension apps. Very different than a 1 year extension of stay. I have never seen nor even heard of an agent being able to secure an extension on behalf of the couple. There is simply too much documentation, too many signatures, too much of.too many things that aren't really necessary involved, as well as a rather grilling interrogation of the Thai wife to make sure she isn't being "used" by the foreigner. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't witnessed it but the officer must have assumed that I didn't understand any more of the Thai language than Sawadee Khop

In a better world, after more than 10 years of proving myself (in person, everything in duplicate)) annually, I would at least be able to do it on-line.

On 14/10/2017 at 6:38 PM, Green Acres said:

Same as me, 90 days in bank.

New rule on Samui. 

You must do TM30 notification online, check the pinned topic in Samui forum. 

6 hours ago, JackThompson said:

They don't want agents, they want 5000 baht. 

1 hour ago, Green Acres said:

The only agents I have ever seen were delivering Burmese workers passports, or tourist visa extension apps. Very different than a 1 year extension of stay. I have never seen nor even heard of an agent being able to secure an extension on behalf of the couple. There is simply too much documentation, too many signatures, too much of.too many things that aren't really necessary involved, as well as a rather grilling interrogation of the Thai wife to make sure she isn't being "used" by the foreigner. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't witnessed it but the officer must have assumed that I didn't understand any more of the Thai language than Sawadee Khop

In a better world, after more than 10 years of proving myself (in person, everything in duplicate)) annually, I would at least be able to do it on-line.

The harassment and paperwork, as described, can be a prime-driver for pushing people to agents.

1 hour ago, PoorSucker said:

They don't want agents, they want 5000 baht. 

More risky to do it directly, though, with tiny cameras and such so prevalent, these days.  

This 30 days consideration is a bloody nightmare. Why do they do this when you can go to savannakhet and do in 2 days? I guess my best option is get married on a 30 day exemption and do honeymoon, then leave LOS for work and re enter on another 30 day exemption and to the savannakhet trip?

5 hours ago, oldwelshman said:

This 30 days consideration is a bloody nightmare. Why do they do this when you can go to savannakhet and do in 2 days? I guess my best option is get married on a 30 day exemption and do honeymoon, then leave LOS for work and re enter on another 30 day exemption and to the savannakhet trip?

The 30 days is the standard estimated time for the immigration division headquarters for where you are living to approve your application for the extension. Sometimes they are approved in less time. When the 30 days starts depends upon the office you use. Some start it from the date of application and others from the date your permit to stay ends. If they start it from the end of your permit to stay it can be a total of 60 days you have to wait but it would allow enough time to do a trip out and back by getting a re-entry permit that would be valid to the report back date on the under consideration stamp.

You cannot really compare applying for a 1 year extension of stay with applying for a multiple entry non-o visa. In your case the multiple entry non-o visa is your best choice.

The under consideration period is not the only problem it is the need to apply for the extension within the last 30 days of the 90 day entry from a non-o visa or the one year extension after getting the first one.