3BB FiberHome ONU GPN: I need help please to understand my Optical Power info

gdhm

11 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Basically, as best as I recall, they either only work or only work best when the sending and receiving locations are on the same electrical circuit (which may not always be the case). I dunno if that's still an issue with their operations, or has managed to get dealt with somehow along the way. And of course, the quality of electrical wiring in Thai construction is oftentimes a considerable mystery.

I think they have got better over time but they still need a decent electrical connection between the two devices and a minimum of noise on the line. There is no hard and fast rule which is why I always suggest trying it and seeing what happens. I have had a lot of success with them, even with older models and in buildings in Europe with what appeared to be poor wiring. I have also had failures. Here they work fine in my condo which has very mediocre Thai wiring, and I have installed them successfully for friends in similar situations. The newer faster model I bought this year for GBP20 is 100% stable when compared with the model I bought here about three years ago for twice the price. But the more expensive older model did do the job, albeit with a weekly reboot being needed.

13 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

BTW, using a spare router that someone already has as a wifi transmitter is basically going to be a no-cost option, and even buying your own better wifi router (if you shop well) doesn't have to cost any more or much more than buying a Powerline setup...

This is true, though probably some work will be needed to install the extra LAN cable to be sure of good bandwidth. Anyone using a spare wifi router to act as a WISP repeater (ie without an intervening LAN cable or Powerlan device) will probably be disappointed by the bandwidth available at the far end even if the wifi signal itself appears to be stronger.

I got so tired of Thai customer service .. for my internet option i went 4G 10 mph unlimited at 800THB  per month x 4 weekly pass at 200THBat least i can use it where i want now it even gives 3BB 2,500 business package a run for its money ..

6722130796.png

Edited by BangkokNicky

But hey, even that 10Mb speed is faster than 73% of other Thailand connections according to that Speedtest.net image above....basically the same as saying the connection is faster than 3 out of 4 connections in Thailand.  Goes  to show Thailand ISPs still have a long way to go in providing speedy vs not-so-speed internet to the whole country.

3 hours ago, RichCor said:

10 mph seems very slow to me.

Though, to be fair, Han did do the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs.

Understood even 1.5Mb's on downloads is good for me over what 3BB was offering on 2,500thb anyway everybody has there preferred choices and for me this suits my needs 

On 10/20/2017 at 4:13 PM, BangkokNicky said:

for my internet option i went 4G 10 mph unlimited at 800THB  per month

The price is OK but I suspect that they do some significant traffic shaping and/or port blocking. Latency may be an issue for some services also.

Still, if you dont need or use those ports or services then you would probably be delighted with their offer.

On 21/10/2017 at 2:46 PM, KittenKong said:

The price is OK but I suspect that they do some significant traffic shaping and/or port blocking. Latency may be an issue for some services also.

Still, if you dont need or use those ports or services then you would probably be delighted with their offer.

Maybe it seems okay for streaming and torrents, that what really matters for me .. am going to check out AIS for a day once this package is finished on 26th  but they only offer 6mph for a daily pass at 34B or 189B for a weekly pass .. also am not wasting my time with true they are just expensive like everything they offer these days .. 

Edited by BangkokNicky