Passenger in car skewered after car careers into drain under repair

webfact

Passenger in car skewered after car careers into drain under repair

6pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A passenger in a Nissan March was skewered to death after the car ended up in a drain being repaired in Korat.

Both the driver and the passenger were women. The driver was taken to Maharat Hospital but her passenger was pronounced dead at the scene, reported Sanook.

Sanook said that initial reports suggest that the driver of the car lost control after another vehicle hit a sign causing her to swerve.

The ditch contained many metal rods that pierced the car killing the passenger instantly.

The accident happened on Route 4103 in Phra Phrom district of Nakorn Ratchasima near the Thung Yae Shell gas station.

Nong Yai police are investigating.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-10-12

35 minutes ago, 55Jay said:

Somchai forgot to put out the ISO certified safety barriers. :saai:

image.png.81830531a0927586449543854f6eefb2.png

Errrr ... no. It appears to  be either a cheap, disposable sobriety test, an example of some very fertile sub-road soil or a total failure of local road maintenance. Where was that, BTW?

Edited by MaxYakov

2 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

“Careened” tends to be favoured by Americans whereas “ careered “ is more commonly used in the UK.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/usage-difference-careen-versus-career

Although the link you posted ends in a bit different conclusion:

Nowadays, careen is actually the preferred verb for rushing forward, particularly [but not only Tallguy interjects] in American English.

2 hours ago, MaxYakov said:

Errrr ... no. It appears to  be either a cheap, disposable sobriety test, an example of some very fertile sub-road soil or a total failure of local road maintenance. Where was that, BTW?

Dunno, just a Google image.  Intended as a vague representation of the bushy tree branches folks shove into large potholes and open drains along the side of roads here. 

2 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

You hoping to have a "careen" as a linguist, then???

I have thus far managed to career through my working life, from one unfortunate episode to another, so I think it's time to retire, put the brakes on and career no more.

12 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

Unbelievable!

Never know when you're time's up!

Of course.....concrete barricading would have likely prevented this small car going in here......but why would anyone want to barricade a huge hole by the roadway!

Why would anyone even want to communicate that there is a large hole in the road ...?

RIP to the poor woman who was killed, and shame on the lack of barriers that could have likely prevented this accident, or at least showed that there was  construction happening, and to slow down.  3rd world country attitude still exists so much in lots of Asian countries.

Geezer

I prefer careened as in past tense. 

While careered sounds like they have chance to escape a ongoing action.    

A minute of silence for the poor families.  What a tragic way to go.  

I hope the construction company pays proper compensation if sign and or flagmen  construction safety protocol was not followed.  And if a government contract the government should pay for not requiring it's contractors to follow standard safety procedures.  How many needless deaths have to keep occuring.    

It's not come to Thailand and get hammered in cheap booze anymore but free skewering.  

I remember hearing about Thai stick in the 70's but never did see any.  

Sorry for  my sick humor.  I'm in a bit of a bad mood after seeing the Thai guy hit the old man in front if the cop and the cop did nothing.  

I see right where farangs stand in the justice system.  

Edited by Elkski

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 11:36 PM, ChrisY1 said:

Unbelievable!

Never know when you're time's up!

Of course.....concrete barricading would have likely prevented this small car going in here......but why would anyone want to barricade a huge hole by the roadway!

Rebar will tend to do that to anyone unfortunate to have a run in with those steel bars....