Thaivisa exclusive: “Attempted murder" as "Australian" man punched by Thai in school says he is really British

webfact

1 hour ago, mommysboy said:

Quite right.  It is a serious assault, but the speed at which the car was going rules out attempted murder imo.  And indeed we see proof of this, because the Thai is merely flipped. Still, it did inflict injuries, and arguably he was lucky to escape with only grazes.  There is a slight possibility that the old guy was utterly confused at this point, which is not to excuse him, but it is a possibility.

Nobody wants to see people get in to trouble, especially with the state of Thai prisons.  Yet who can honestly say it is not deserved for the pair of them.

Yes, he clearly knocked the guy ... but perhaps he just panicked and wanted to get out of there and the Thai man was blocking his way? I agree that this was not in any way attempted murder ... reckless driving and assault perhaps. 

We never saw what happened before he went for his garden instrument and threatened the guy ... so we don't really have the whole story on camera. 

My point was that you really have to control yourself in these situations ... what's understandable in the West (losing your temper) is not understood here ... it carries greater consequences. He's an old man and he has responsibilities, the last thing he needs is jail time.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It clearly shows in the video the Brit getting out of his car opening the boot and taking out a machete,he then goes to the car in front and starts to use the weapon . I also see the Thai being hurled in the air by the brits car what can I say “ case closed “ your as guilty as hell offer the fella some money for the case to be dropped otherwise it could be the Bangkok Hylton for a few years and at your age it could kill you ! 

6 hours ago, madusa said:

In martial art they have a chart that show the vital points all over the body. The point on the side of the face near the ear is one of them.

The Thai may have missed the point. He could have killed him.

Life is cheap in Thailand, you get killed for some small misunderstanding. Pathetic country.

yes, the Thai guy is good ... was it there any other guy, in front of the Ozzie's car, to get hit straight on whilst looking side-wise, he'd be probably either dead or crippled

ya, like mano-e-mano is gonna happen with a Thai on Soi Kopai. The Brits problem was he didn't finish off the Thai when he had the machete. The Thai was not run over so much as jumped on the hood of the falang car. The falang had better be getting some pictures of  his injuries on ThaiVisa and elsewhere. The Thai gold shop owner better be reasonable in his negotiations; asking for more than it cost to be eliminated from the equation sometimes doesn't add up.

When it's a Thai it's a WaI and 500 shit baht.

When they see a extortion angle they jump on. No attempted murder. The dumb Thai should have moved away.

Once again the corrupt RTP destroying tourism and failing to be legitimage police. 

6 hours ago, Mr Freeze said:

Clearly youve never done any gardening in Thailand , you need a machete.

if it was carrying it ,in his glove box or under his seat , like most lorry drivers  do here  , l think his intent would be obvious. 

right, so the Ozzie dude needs it when Macro shopping and when picking up his little girl from school ... I got it ... one never knows what branches you might need to chop off on your way

RWA, for some reason you are unable to accept the fact that he is not an Australian but he is British as it states at the head of the thread.

Thaivisa exclusive: “Attempted murder" as "Australian" man punched by Thai in school says he is really British

He is British on a British passport

2 hours ago, Russell17au said:

AlexRich and Tony125. I do not know what video you are looking at but the video here does not show what is happening at the front of the Brits car, it only shows the rear of his car. So you show me the video of what is happening at the front of the Brits car. You must have better than excellent vision because it is impossible to say what is happening because you cannot see it.

In previous post it talks about the Thai guy showing the cop where the Brit had smashed his rear window with the machete even though you can't see that in the vid you do see the brit raising it and presumably bringing it down on the rear window due to the damage later shown to cop. Also he drove into the Thai guy and he had damage to his elbows from hitting the windshield of Brit's car that also showed damage from the Thai guy's elbows striking the windshield. 

27 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

ya, like mano-e-mano is gonna happen with a Thai on Soi Kopai. The Brits problem was he didn't finish off the Thai when he had the machete. The Thai was not run over so much as jumped on the hood of the falang car. The falang had better be getting some pictures of  his injuries on ThaiVisa and elsewhere. The Thai gold shop owner better be reasonable in his negotiations; asking for more than it cost to be eliminated from the equation sometimes doesn't add up.

Why are you making things up? It is clear as day on the video that he purposely runs him over, he driver a few meters before hitting him, he is lucky he didn't cause him serious injury or even kill him.

Tony125, there are a lot of things that you cannot see in the video and that is the problem that the police and the judge will have. In the video it looks like the Thai guy remains in his car until the Brit tries to drive away. Did the Thai guy jump out of his car in front of the Brit when he tried to drive away? We don't know what happened exactly

25 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

So we're into condoning outright murder are we?  What you are stating about the incident is pure supposition, unless you were an eye witness and even then, considering your bias, whatever you stated would be easily tested and then discarded.  Come on please, no one knows what actually was the lead up to the incident, what actually happened and yet some are for him, others for the Thai.

I was in law enforcement for almost 30 years and I can tell you that if I was satisfied, from evidence at the scene, be it direct or circumstantial that the Pom used two weapons, the first a machete, the second a pickup, I would have charged him with malicious damage, carrying a prohibited weapon with intent, common assault, assault occasioning grievous bodily harm and the big one, attempted murder.  In so far as the Thai, he would also be charged with assault occasioning actual bodily harm.  There could possibly more charges against him but not knowing the full circumstances, then I will not deal in conjecture.

Of course the law is a little different here in Thailand but it does follow the same basic principles as those in the west. Police only have to be satisfied that an offence has been committed to arrest someone and then put them before a court, where the judge/s, after hearing all the evidence, make a determination and either find the defendant guilty or not guilty.  A policeman is not the judge or executioner, he is merely the instrument to put an offender before the court.  As for those cop bashing, you really don't have any idea so give up while you're in front.:wai:

1 minute ago, Russell17au said:

Tony125, there are a lot of things that you cannot see in the video and that is the problem that the police and the judge will have. In the video it looks like the Thai guy remains in his car until the Brit tries to drive away. Did the Thai guy jump out of his car in front of the Brit when he tried to drive away? We don't know what happened exactly

No, you can clearly see him out of his car and in the path of the vehicle before the Brit was even inside his car, he chose to knock him over, attempted murder no doubt. 

Hi guys I’m also British and am totally against carrying any kind of weapon at all where ever.. seem to me that the Australian bashing was premature, having said that <deleted> - did this guy think he was doing ?? Road rage is a issue all over the road and only the smart ones can figure out how best to get out of these situations this guy fell right into the ultimate trap of things “not to do” without any consideration for the safety of other let alone himself... feel sorry for his kid whom had to endure great distress . The actions of the thai guy are unacceptable given that’s what the cops are for but can understand his anger in punching this fool .. as far as the justice is concerned you can not ignore that taking the law into your own hands is right, having said that I personally believe the punch is justice in itself and the British guy would of learn for himself not to ever try that again.. BUT law justice should punish both as a result taking into consideration what has already taken place... possibly giving both a substantial fines and serious conditionally Jail time/ deportation should their be a any further events .. you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

4 minutes ago, Si Thea01 said:

So we're into condoning outright murder are we?  What you are stating about the incident is pure supposition, unless you were an eye witness and even then, considering your bias, whatever you stated would be easily tested and then discarded.  Come on please, no one knows what actually was the lead up to the incident, what actually happened and yet some are for him, others for the Thai.

I was in law enforcement for almost 30 years and I can tell you that if I was satisfied, from evidence at the scene, be it direct or circumstantial that the Pom used two weapons, the first a machete, the second a pickup, I would have charged him with malicious damage, carrying a prohibited weapon with intent, common assault, assault occasioning grievous bodily harm and the big one, attempted murder.  In so far as the Thai, he would also be charged with assault occasioning actual bodily harm.  There could possibly more charges against him but not knowing the full circumstances, then I will not deal in conjecture.

Of course the law is a little different here in Thailand but it does follow the same basic principles as those in the west. Police only have to be satisfied that an offence has been committed to arrest someone and then put them before a court, where the judge/s, after hearing all the evidence, make a determination and either find the defendant guilty or not guilty.  A policeman is not the judge or executioner, he is merely the instrument to put an offender before the court.  As for those cop bashing, you really don't have any idea so give up while you're in front.:wai:

Well said, perhaps the Brit has some chance at presenting some mitigating evidence in the form of being a victim of road rage before he then joined in and escalated things, but that is all he could have, he did what he did, and he ran someone over and attacked them with a machete.  The only people here sticking up for him are racists, plain and simple.

2 hours ago, giddyup said:

How many times a day do you see Thais (young and old) in acts of road rage and attacking each other with a variety of weapons. Generally the punishment is a small fine. If you watched any of the Thai news channels you'd be aware of this.  So I assume you're saying anyone who commits these acts should be locked up? That's going to put some stress on the judicial system.

OF course.. violence should never be tolerated.. let the drug users go and just lock up violent people instead of giving them a 500bt fine. Violence should never be excused farang or Thai. 

Racist?  Give me a break. Nothing racist in presenting a different version of what everyone is seeing on a video that does not fully show what actually happened.  I will say it again- the key evidence is whether the Thai has any type of injury to his shins or lower leg. If he has none- that means the Brits vehicle did not strike him and the Thai jumped on the vehicle and the inertia forced him off into a standing position in which the Thai kicked at the Brits car.

If the above is the case- no attempted murder.  Too many people trying to convict without thinking through what may have happened.

The only thing that should determine guilt or innocence is the facts and the ability to prove the facts. Try looking at the incident without prejudging anything and base your decision on what the facts actually are. The clip from the scene does not show a frontal view which is essential to determine the actual chain of events.

8 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

I feel sorry for him, he's probably a decent guy who lost his temper in the wrong moment.

It depends a lot now on the Thai guy , as i'm afraid he can push a solid charge of attempted murder.

I've seen more footage of road rage in the last 2/3 months than in my whole life... Why don't people chill a bit ?

might be decent guy....by why is he so coy about his involvement in the fishing industry.

I have a feeling he is a nasty piece of work all round.

The cranky old fella keeps changing his story (garden tool, etc.). So who's going to believe his explanation that he was a victim of road rage prior to the machete incident?

And now he claims he's a Pom. Well, ... attempted murder ... He's a convict now. Slap the chains on him and put him on the next boat to Arsetralia.

No matter how you look at it, it has been reported recently a case like this minus the left hook punch Thai between Thai, result no charges a few back and forth Wai maybe a 500 baht fine and all is forgiven.

Then there was another case, a speeding trunk and guys on motorbike firing shots, Thai against Thai, I didn't hear charges like attempted murder. What is missing here, because he is white, doesn't go to the temple.

Then just the other day, two Thai kids put another Thai in a box and lite the kid up. Any attempted murder there?

You go on with this case just show how basically bad Thai people look especially those who run the asylum. Looking for justice means being fair regardless of the skin color or where we are living. 

Sure the guy might be Aussie or Brit who the <deleted> cares he is in Thailand and when in Thailand do as the Thais do and what they get, shake hands say sorry, hand over 500 baht over done.

What is attempted murder is the Thai guy 20 what? sucker punch a old man that is 50 years older. If attempted murder is in order it should be tagged to the Thai coward,  If his father was around I guess he would sucker punch him too? :stoner:

13 minutes ago, Destiny1990 said:

Thai goldshop looser his fist to the head is the murder atempt.why he still free after the disgusting thing he need in front of a cop helloo?

Hello.  He was the first to be arrested, and he admits to his crime unlike the Brit who is trying to lie his way out of running someone over and chopping into a car with a child inside with a machete, unfortunately for him there is clear video evidence of his murder attempt, he is going down and rightly so.

6 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

No matter how you look at it, it has been reported recently a case like this minus the left hook punch Thai between Thai, result no charges a few back and forth Wai maybe a 500 baht fine and all is forgiven.

Then there was another case, a speeding trunk and guys on motorbike firing shots, Thai against Thai, I didn't hear charges like attempted murder. What is missing here, because he is white, doesn't go to the temple.

Then just the other day, two Thai kids put another Thai in a box and lite the kid up. Any attempted murder there?

You go on with this case just show how basically bad Thai people look especially those who run the asylum. Looking for justice means being fair regardless of the skin color or where we are living. 

Sure the guy might be Aussie or Brit who the <deleted> cares he is in Thailand and when in Thailand do as the Thais do and what they get, shake hands say sorry, hand over 500 baht over done.

What is attempted murder is the Thai guy 20 what? sucker punch a old man that is 50 years older. If attempted murder is in order it should be tagged to the Thai coward,  If his father was around I guess he would sucker punch him too? :stoner:

Jumping on someone's car and chopping it with a machete are different, as is purposely running someone over, so actually what ever way you look at it there has not been a case like this end recently with a 500 baht fine.  The kid setting the other alight?  Really, you want to base a charge on an adult to that of a school child?  Why not compare it to the sentences handed out for punching the family in Hau Hin who bumped into them, two years in jail, or Pancha the Internet idol sentenced to 8 years for attempted murder?  Why an unrelated case with an unrelated punishment?

And once again, if he felt young enough to attack someone with a machete and felt young enough to run someone down with his car then he cannot play the old card when taking a punch, he got what was coming to him, actually he has more to come and that is also deserved, no one should ever put a young child through what he did, utterly shameful and I sincerely hope he gets a long sentence.

Archived