Thaivisa exclusive: “Attempted murder" as "Australian" man punched by Thai in school says he is really British

webfact

11 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

These are "garden tools"

garden tools.jpg

These are "machetes"

machete-styles.jpg

Pardon.............. Which country are you referring to??????????

In Thailand and quite a few surrounding countries, Not to mention the continents of Africa and  South and Central America........ The machete is a MAJOR 'gardening tool'........... You only will find those others pictured above in 'first world countries'...........LOL..............

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Thai Ron said:
3 hours ago, tropo said:

LOL> too late for that. Decades of uncouth behaviour has well and truly given us all a bad name and one more incident will not make an iota of difference. We're ATMs to them, nothing more.

That's a little cynical, don't you think?

Hmm... let me consider that for a moment:

"Cynical"... based on or reflecting a belief that human conduct is motivated primarily by self-interest

The first part is not cynical, but an accurate assessment.

The second part about the ATM's? Not a little cynical... totally cynical.

1 hour ago, Si Thea01 said:

So we're into condoning outright murder are we?  What you are stating about the incident is pure supposition, unless you were an eye witness and even then, considering your bias, whatever you stated would be easily tested and then discarded.  Come on please, no one knows what actually was the lead up to the incident, what actually happened and yet some are for him, others for the Thai.

I was in law enforcement for almost 30 years and I can tell you that if I was satisfied, from evidence at the scene, be it direct or circumstantial that the Pom used two weapons, the first a machete, the second a pickup, I would have charged him with malicious damage, carrying a prohibited weapon with intent, common assault, assault occasioning grievous bodily harm and the big one, attempted murder.  In so far as the Thai, he would also be charged with assault occasioning actual bodily harm.  There could possibly more charges against him but not knowing the full circumstances, then I will not deal in conjecture.

Of course the law is a little different here in Thailand but it does follow the same basic principles as those in the west. Police only have to be satisfied that an offence has been committed to arrest someone and then put them before a court, where the judge/s, after hearing all the evidence, make a determination and either find the defendant guilty or not guilty.  A policeman is not the judge or executioner, he is merely the instrument to put an offender before the court.  As for those cop bashing, you really don't have any idea so give up while you're in front.:wai:

Agree to disagree a bit,  thank you for your service in law enforcement!  Not bashing but the training the BIB get here is not even 1% of what you got in 30 years. They are nothing more than meter maids and where I'm from they have more training.

This is basically two cases now, because the Thai guy made it so!  He did all the right things but where he fail is when he sucker punch the old man which actually surprise even me because earlier while being film he was very calm. Based on the bad video if he did all the things he supposed to have done especially try to run the guy over it didn't seem evident that it prevented him from throwing the punch. Regardless of how anyone feel that sucker punch the force would have put a lot of younger guys down. It was just not necessary for main reason the age difference. I give the old guy credit for getting up! 

Sure he might be a ass, I've seen in general old Expat who actually look like him go off for very little things? Seen a guy back at Lotus with his Thai lady didn't get his bag in time went off right there even I wanted to smack him but I didn't. Seen a old German guy at Big C extra didn't get the right cut of meat, basically a language problem the German goes off on the Thai, I gave the Thai credit he was bigger, holding a clever while being yell at with the entire store looking, he was steam but he just walked away! 

The Thai gold shop guy had him by the balls, then threw it all away with a sucker punch. This is a real waste of time the guy is 77 years old, it will cost the Thai more to take care of him in prison because have you seen what he is driving. Like a Thai you are scrapping near bottom what are you going to get out of him. He is doing his own gardening the reason for the shears?

Yes, this is Thailand and they do things different here like allowing them to give a Wai, sorry and over. And Yes, cops here aren't what they are in the West, and that is the real problem?  The guy got his punishment, a punch he will never forget nor will he ever act in the manner he acted again. The Thai guy is lucky the punch didn't kill the old guy and that he should count his lucky star and move on. He might own a gold shop but there is no gold at the end of this story! Let the old guy go and let him enjoy his final days picking up his daughter that is punishment enough since every time gets out of his Nissan, the Thai talk and laugh.

3 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:
4 hours ago, tropo said:

People who are losing their mental faculties due to aging don't go bad in a day. He may function quite normally most of the time. The Thai gold dealer is by far the more dangerous of the two. How often have you heard stories of Thai males walking into bars with guns, shooting people dead? He's potentially one of those because he can't control his temper... and he's much stronger and much younger. Next time someone gives him the finger things could end much worse.

If you read Thai tabloids you will hear stories of Thais doing bad things, but if you read British ones you will also hear the same about British men walking into places armed, it is not a Thai phenomena, the man is a Brit, they are thugs who go about brandishing weapons in public, see how daft that sounds?  As for not being able to control their temper, neither could, the Brit ran him over and then armed himself and had a go at his car with a machete, how on earth that translates to being less dangerous than someone who lashes out with his fists is beyond me, strength has little to do with it when one of them is willing to use his car and a machete to hurt the other.  And someone absolutely can go bad in a day as a result of aging, all it would take is a mini stroke in the right part of the brain and almost any degree of irrational behaviour is possible.

Thanks for your opinion. 

I still disagree. I would be more concerned about the Thai man than the Aussie/Brit. 

Perhaps you are right - he had a mini-stroke in the right part of his brain.  

Just now, thailand49 said:

Agree to disagree a bit,  thank you for your service in law enforcement!  Not bashing but the training the BIB get here is not even 1% of what you got in 30 years. They are nothing more than meter maids and where I'm from they have more training.

This is basically two cases now, because the Thai guy made it so!  He did all the right things but where he fail is when he sucker punch the old man which actually surprise even me because earlier while being film he was very calm. Based on the bad video if he did all the things he supposed to have done especially try to run the guy over it didn't seem evident that it prevented him from throwing the punch. Regardless of how anyone feel that sucker punch the force would have put a lot of younger guys down. It was just not necessary for main reason the age difference. I give the old guy credit for getting up! 

Sure he might be a ass, I've seen in general old Expat who actually look like him go off for very little things? Seen a guy back at Lotus with his Thai lady didn't get his bag in time went off right there even I wanted to smack him but I didn't. Since a old German guy at Big C extra didn't get the right cut of mean, basically a language problem the German goes off on the Thai, I gave the Thai credit he was bigger, holding a clever while being yell at with the entire store looking, he was steam but he just walked away! 

The Thai gold shop guy had him by the balls, then threw it all away with a sucker punch. This is a real waste of time the guy is 77 years old, it will cost the Thai more to take care of him in prison because have you seen what he is driving. Like a Thai you are scrapping near bottom what are you going to get out of him. He is doing his own gardening the reason for the shears?

Yes, this is Thailand and they do things different here like allowing them to give a Wai, sorry and over. And Yes, cops here aren't what they are in the West, and that is the real problem?  The guy got his punishment, a punch he will never forget nor will he ever act in the manner he acted again. The Thai guy is lucky the punch didn't kill the old guy and that he should count his lucky star and move on. He might own a gold shop but there is no gold at the end of this story!

Not sure. The youtube hits should be worth a fair bit if handled correctly.

4 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Sure he might be a ass, I've seen in general old Expat who actually look like him go off for very little things? Seen a guy back at Lotus with his Thai lady didn't get his bag in time went off right there even I wanted to smack him but I didn't. Since a old German guy at Big C extra didn't get the right cut of mean, basically a language problem the German goes off on the Thai, I gave the Thai credit he was bigger, holding a clever while being yell at with the entire store looking, he was steam but he just walked away! 

Yes, this is Thailand and they do things different here like allowing them to give a Wai, sorry and over. And Yes, cops here aren't what they are in the West, and that is the real problem?  The guy got his punishment, a punch he will never forget nor will he ever act in the manner he acted again. The Thai guy is lucky the punch didn't kill the old guy and that he should count his lucky star and move on. He might own a gold shop but there is no gold at the end of this story!

The video is not so bad that you cannot see him, not only try, but actually run him down, the man is in front o the car as he gets in but he drives straight at him sending him flying through the air.

Shear?  No, it was a machete.

Amd what makes you say he got his punishment, would you be saying the same if it were your child who was terrified in the car as a mad man chopped at it with a machete than ran you down in front of them?  The Brit is the lucky one, he ran someone down and didn't cause them serious injury, the punch was nothing compared to the weight of the car the Thai was hit with, get real.  Why should he move on, his car is messed up, his kid is scarred for life, he is injured, he deserve some justice, why are you denying him that, just because he is Thai, right?

17 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

And once again, if he felt young enough to attack someone with a machete and felt young enough to run someone down with his car then he cannot play the old card when taking a punch, he got what was coming to him, actually he has more to come and that is also deserved, no one should ever put a young child through what he did, utterly shameful and I sincerely hope he gets a long sentence.

You totally misunderstood the "old card" as you called it.

It wasn't about how much energy he had. When adrenaline is pumping, even old folk can acquire some energy. It's about his general mental health. 77 is very old in Thailand. It's  6 years over the life expectancy of the male population in Thailand, and nearly even with the UK and Australia, which are 78.5 and 79.8 respectively. To think people cannot have diminished mental health at that age is absurd. 

7 minutes ago, tropo said:

Thanks for your opinion. 

I still disagree. I would be more concerned about the Thai man than the Aussie/Brit. 

Perhaps you are right - he had a mini-stroke in the right part of his brain.  

One man runs someone over on purpose and chops up a car with a child inside with a machete and one man punches someone who has just run him over and chopped his car up with his child inside with a machete and you are afraid of the one who punched the other, bizarre, and presumably your only one reason is that he is Thai.

19 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Jumping on someone's car and chopping it with a machete are different, as is purposely running someone over, so actually what ever way you look at it there has not been a case like this end recently with a 500 baht fine.  The kid setting the other alight?  Really, you want to base a charge on an adult to that of a school child?  Why not compare it to the sentences handed out for punching the family in Hau Hin who bumped into them, two years in jail, or Pancha the Internet idol sentenced to 8 years for attempted murder?  Why an unrelated case with an unrelated punishment?

And once again, if he felt young enough to attack someone with a machete and felt young enough to run someone down with his car then he cannot play the old card when taking a punch, he got what was coming to him, actually he has more to come and that is also deserved, no one should ever put a young child through what he did, utterly shameful and I sincerely hope he gets a long sentence.

No one is saying he shouldn't get what he deserve, the case you put forth along with mines is a admission nothing here is really just so why even go down that road. He really jump on the guys car he is 77 years old, as for cutting up the guys car come on? give me something more buddy?   You are right as I noted minus the punch a case in Bangkok, where the taxi driver got out or bus driver and attack a news reporter.  It goes on we can tick for tack all you want but the law is applied here inconsistent at best, if this was Thai vs Thai over done!  As for the case call them kids sure but if it was you kid 14 years old and the school try to wash it away and wouldn't even pay 10,000 for the hospital bill would it be different to you.

2 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

No one is saying he shouldn't get what he deserve, the case you put forth along with mines is a admission nothing here is really just so why even go down that road. He really jump on the guys car he is 77 years old, as for cutting up the guys car come on? give me something more buddy?   You are right as I noted minus the punch a case in Bangkok, where the taxi driver got out or bus driver and attack a news reporter.  It goes on we can tick for tack all you want but the law is applied here inconsistent at best, if this was Thai vs Thai over done!  As for the case call them kids sure but if it was you kid 14 years old and the school try to wash it away and wouldn't even pay 10,000 for the hospital bill would it be different to you.

Sure it is inconsistent but it far from always lenient, which is what you were trying to claim, you seem to expect every farang to be given the wrongfully lenient sentences that some Thais get instead of the unduly harsh sentences that other Thais get, why is that?

12 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Not sure. The youtube hits should be worth a fair bit if handled correctly.

I seriously doubt it, he will have to pay for the damages, don't believe he will do time due to being married to a Thai, his age, and being the sole supporter of the child. The sucker punch he took will be his major payment.

6 minutes ago, tropo said:

You totally misunderstood the "old card" as you called it.

It wasn't about how much energy he had. When adrenaline is pumping, even old folk can acquire some energy. It's about his general mental health. 77 is very old in Thailand. It's  6 years over the life expectancy of the male population in Thailand, and nearly even with the UK and Australia, which are 78.5 and 79.8 respectively. To think people cannot have diminished mental health at that age is absurd. 

That does not relate to what the poster I was replying to was saying, they were claiming that hitting someone of his age is attempted murder whereas running over a 20 something is not, nothing was implied regarding his mental health.

5 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

One man runs someone over on purpose and chops up a car with a child inside with a machete and one man punches someone who has just run him over and chopped his car up with his child inside with a machete and you are afraid of the one who punched the other, bizarre, and presumably your only one reason is that he is Thai.

You're embellishing the story to make your point and ignoring all the points I made. Repeating yourself will not change the result...

I still disagree with you...

Let's leave it at that. Cheers!

1 minute ago, tropo said:

You're embellishing the story to make your point and ignoring all the points I made. Repeating yourself will not change the result...

I still disagree with you...

Let's leave it at that. Cheers!

Nothing embellished, stop lying.

and there is nothing to disagree about, you are only talking about which person you fear, I am hardly going to argue that, I just find your fear completely irrational, as I think most anyone would.

Just now, Kieran00001 said:

That does not relate to what the poster I was replying to was saying, they were claiming that hitting someone of his age is attempted murder whereas running over a 20 something is not, nothing was implied regarding his mental health.

Sorry, may I suggest you include the original quote you're replying to so we get the correct context. All you do is highlight the original reply and right click "quote this". It saves a lot of confusion.

1 minute ago, Kieran00001 said:

Sure it is inconsistent but it far from always lenient, which is what you were trying to claim, you seem to expect every farang to be given the wrongfully lenient sentences that some Thais get instead of the unduly harsh sentences that other Thais get, why is that?

Where you get that, you are all over the place because you disagree, it is ok to agree to disagree!  You say I claim that it is always lenient and you claim it isn't and even admit it is inconsistent. I cited my cases you cited yours, we disagree end of story!  We can tick for tack all day if you like you want to be right be right. But in this case based on what I see and seen it looks bad but so is the video. I have a assumption as to what happen and why the guy reacted and it looks bad that doesn't mean he or anyone including a Thai should have to take a punch like he did.

2 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

and there is nothing to disagree about, you are only talking about which person you fear, I am hardly going to argue that, I just find your fear completely irrational, as I think most anyone would.

But you continue to argue. You just don't stop. I don't agree, period. You think I'm irrational and you're entitled to your opinion, but I think you're naive.

5 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Sorry, that is where you are wrong. His mental health has more to do with it than you think. You reference running the guy over, if he was run over it didn't affect the interview or explaining to the cop or even throwing that hell of a sucker punch.  As noted, The Thai guy was all in the right he lost majority of it when he threw the punch. This case has more mental health to it than you think for both of them! 

10 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Sorry, that is where you are wrong. His mental health has more to do with it than you think. You reference running the guy over, if he was run over it didn't affect the interview or explaining to the cop or even throwing that hell of a sucker punch.  As noted, The Thai guy was all in the right he lost majority of it when he threw the punch. This case has more mental health to it than you think for both of them! 

If he was ran over?  It is clear in the video that he was, luckily he landed on his feet, just because he was not seriously injured does nothing to negate the fact that the Brit ran him over on purpose.  And the law does not work how you seem to think, assaulting him after having been attacked does not take anything away from the charge the Brit faces, they are two separate charges, each will face those charges individually, one for assault, and the other for attempted murder.

And I did not say that mental health has nothing to do with it, they are both probably a bit mental, but I said that it had nothing to do with the comment regarding his age that I replied to, which implied that a 20 something being run over is not attempted murder whereas a punch to a 76 year old is, perhaps both are, but that has nothing to do with mental health, you just came in with that randomly.

18 minutes ago, tropo said:

But you continue to argue. You just don't stop. I don't agree, period. You think I'm irrational and you're entitled to your opinion, but I think you're naive.

Dont agree with what?  There is no arguement, you fear the Thai man, I think your fear is irrational, that is our two opinions and they don't actually counter each other's, what is difficult to understand?  And if you want to stop then why do you keep replying?

3 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

If he was ran over?  It is clear in the video that he was, luckily he landed on his feet, just because he was not seriously injured does nothing to negate the fact that the Brit ran him over on purpose.  And the law does not work how you seem to think, assaulting him after having been attacked does not take anything away from the charge the Brit faces, they are two separate charges, each will face those charges individually, one for assault, and the other for attempted murder.

And I did not say that mental health has nothing to do with it, they are both probably a bit mental, but I said that it had nothing to do with the comment regarding his age that I replied to, which implied that a 20 something being run over is not attempted murder whereas a punch to a 76 year old is, perhaps both are, but that has nothing to do with mental health, you just came in with that randomly.

I guess if you go on long enough not fully understand what "agree to disagree " means at all, that should give you the award that you might actually be right?

Bye

28 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

I don't go along with these one versus the other arguments: the fact is they are both guilty of serious crimes, and there isn't a great deal of mitigation for either.  Both might be deemed rather dangerous.

7 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Dont agree with what?  There is no arguement, you fear the Thai man, I think your fear is irrational, that is our two opinions and they don't actually counter each other's, what is difficult to understand?  And if you want to stop then why do you keep replying?

I probably fear you more than the Thai man because you never quit.:smile:

In actual fact, I don't fear either man. That would be quite ridiculous sitting here in front of my computer. I merely said that, in my opinion, he was the more dangerous of the two. You embellished that to "I fear him". That seems to be your hobby.

Annoying as you are, it's still not easy for me to stop. That's why I fear you, because if you keep going, so will I. LOL

8 minutes ago, tropo said:

I probably fear you more than the Thai man because you never quit.:smile:

In actual fact, I don't fear either man. That would be quite ridiculous sitting here in front of my computer. I merely said that, in my opinion, he was the more dangerous of the two. You embellished that to "I fear him". That seems to be your hobby.

Annoying as you are, it's still not easy for me to stop. That's why I fear you, because if you keep going, so will I. LOL

Yes. I'm not sure if we are dealing with one nutter or two, and possibly I would say there is more to fear from the Thai guy, because although the old guy went crazy it was sort of indiscriminate and more brandishing a weapon.  He did the actual physical stuff to the car, and I'm not even sure he was aware the Thai guy was in front- he just got in the car and made to drive off.  He then jammed on the brakes when he realised he'd knocked someone down.  Just my take, but I think it's more than plausible.

The Thai on the other hand threw a deliberate, brutal punch, albeit under considerable prior provocation.

Just now, davidbkk1980 said:

That thai man threw his hardest punch with a stingrays ring to that old man face. Everyone just going to ignore this fact?

And no mention that he was wearing spectacles either. It was brutal and he's lucky he survived it. He was knocked unconscious. He should have been sent to the hospital for observation, not being questioned at the police station. He was being questioned while still concussed. No wonder he was complaining about being "confused".

5 minutes ago, davidbkk1980 said:

That thai man threw his hardest punch with a stingrays ring to that old man face. Everyone just going to ignore this fact?

A left hook is his hardest punch?  No one is ignoring that fact anyway, half the posters seem to think it is the only thing that actually happened, he was also the first to be arrested and charged, but he was also the one who admitted his crime and apologised for his actions, the other man lied and protested his innocence, it is quite clear who is the bigger man anyway.

2 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

A left hook is his hardest punch?  No one is ignoring that fact anyway, half the posters seem to think it is the only thing that actually happened, he was also the first to be arrested and charged, but he was also the one who admitted his crime and apologised for his actions, the other man lied and protested his innocence, it is quite clear who is the bigger man anyway.

You do not seem to be able to extricate yourself from the one versus the other approach!  Why is that?

Archived