UK's Hammond regrets calling EU 'the enemy' over Brexit

rooster59

You Brits screaming at the EC (admittedly a horrendous bureaucracy) are going down the sinkhole. Things were going really well for you before that referendum which is a disaster for you. You will struggle really badly to fill the vacancies now going on in your public services...just as one small example. 

Led by those stupid pathetic lying w**k* rs Johnson and Lefarge who sold you a right load of lies in their sinister ambition, now achieved, to have British rule the world again . You never will again. You are a shadow of what you once were. Yes. Still a great country but not what you were....thank God.

Trade agreements take years to negotiate... even Obama said you are at the back of the queue.

You owe money, you need immigration, you need to sort the UK/ Irish border and your negotiations have been absurd. Pathetic. 

The sooner you have another referendum...this time with a better, properly informed public and less lies from stupid gung go politicians ....the better for you. 

The British youths future is with a united Europe.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, harleyclarkey said:

You Brits screaming at the EC (admittedly a horrendous bureaucracy) are going down the sinkhole. Things were going really well for you before that referendum which is a disaster for you. You will struggle really badly to fill the vacancies now going on in your public services...just as one small example. 

Led by those stupid pathetic lying w**k* rs Johnson and Lefarge who sold you a right load of lies in their sinister ambition, now achieved, to have British rule the world again . You never will again. You are a shadow of what you once were. Yes. Still a great country but not what you were....thank God.

Trade agreements take years to negotiate... even Obama said you are at the back of the queue.

You owe money, you need immigration, you need to sort the UK/ Irish border and your negotiations have been absurd. Pathetic. 

The sooner you have another referendum...this time with a better, properly informed public and less lies from stupid gung go politicians ....the better for you. 

Can't really argue with that post except to say that very nearly half of the UK population voted to remain so not everyone was so misguided and gullible to believe the lies.  I am really p*ssed off with what these so called politicians are doing to my country.

35 minutes ago, dunroaming said:
54 minutes ago, harleyclarkey said:

Can't really argue with that post except to say that very nearly half of the UK population voted to remain so not everyone was so misguided and gullible to believe the lies.  I am really p*ssed off with what these so called politicians are doing to my country.

What? You can't really argue with his daft assertion that Johnson and Lefarge (sic) want to rule the world? Really? :laugh:

And you can't argue with his (out of date) assertion that we're at the back of the queue for trade talks with the USA, even though the current US president says we're at the front?

I won't go into the 'lies' nonsense again (it's been done to death), except to point out that the NHS bus banner was a suggestion, whereas the intimidatory threatened emergency budget to cover an immediate post-referendum recession was an outright lie.

That leaves just negative speculation in harleyclarkey's post. Well, you can agree with that, can't you?

5 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

Sadly, in view of the dictatorial EU elite version of 'negotiating' (which is dictating as to how even negotiating will proceed) - I too agree that the EU elite/negotiators have to be considered as 'enemies' by the UK :sad:.

I don't look at them as Elite; I look at them as equals!

Get off your fence, stand up look 'em in the eye and say what you want! Do you know?

5 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

And we all trust politicians to put what is 'best' for the ordinary populace above their own, personal interests.

And it's impossible to even think that their own, personal interests are closely intertwined with large businesses and the wealthy's interests...

Look Eeyore, philanthropy is not dead quite yet! Some politicians do have noble ambitions at least!

9 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Who's the enemy? Erdogan? Trump? Time to consider who our friends really are! ?

9 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Who's the enemy? Erdogan? Trump? Time to consider who our friends really are! ?

Merkel, Barnier and Juncker certainly would not be on my Christmas card list either, without Juncker the EU could have been a different kettle of fish, but that's what you get when you put a deranged idiot in charge of the EU. To quote the greatest living englishman, Nigel Farage to Juncker, "Who are you"

6 minutes ago, vogie said:

Merkel, Barnier and Juncker certainly would not be on my Christmas card list either, without Juncker the EU could have been a different kettle of fish, but that's what you get when you put a deranged idiot in charge of the EU. To quote the greatest living englishman, Nigel Farage to Juncker, "Who are you"

I have no time for Junker or Farage. Who is barnier?

May's coffin fit was the last nail!

18 minutes ago, vogie said:

You must mean Nigel Farage, UK Ambassador to the USA.

2 hours ago, dunroaming said:

I think you mean nearly half of those voting, which is not quite the same thing. And from a statistical standpoint, almost half is less than half.

49 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

I think you mean nearly half of those voting, which is not quite the same thing. And from a statistical standpoint, almost half is less than half.

And we come back to trust! For such a major constitutional issue a simple majority is ridiculously low barrier and sure to end in strife. Trust me!

This is the UK's position. 

It has said "I am one-sidedly deciding to divorce you, so now we need to decide how much I keep after the divorce, as a matter of urgency. However, whatever happens the divorce will take place in exactly two years, agreement or not. After that I walk away with nothing"

The UK then spent the first year procrastinating, evading concrete discussions and having an unnecessary election that made getting agreement even within the UK on what the UK wants twice as difficult , and enlarged a major split in the governing party into a gigantic split, rendering negotiations even more uncertain.

The UK has now a year left to negotiate, and its major threat is: we will walk away with nothing if time runs out,  because we ourselves have set the time at which the door closes on us.

Congratulations on a job well done.

16 minutes ago, partington said:

This is the UK's position. 

It has said "I am one-sidedly deciding to divorce you, so now we need to decide how much I keep after the divorce, as a matter of urgency. However, whatever happens the divorce will take place in exactly two years, agreement or not. After that I walk away with nothing"

The UK then spent the first year procrastinating, evading concrete discussions and having an unnecessary election that made getting agreement even within the UK on what the UK wants twice as difficult , and enlarged a major split in the governing party into a gigantic split, rendering negotiations even more uncertain.

The UK has now a year left to negotiate, and its major threat is: we will walk away with nothing if time runs out,  because we ourselves have set the time at which the door closes on us.

Congratulations on a job well done.

Er, the job isn't done yet. Can we all have a look in your crystal ball please?

15 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Here are the stats.

These are the rounded figures, some in % terms. The total electoral role: 46,500,000. 

Total turnout 33,500,000 (72%)

Leavers          17,400,000 (37%)

Remainers     16,100,000 (35%)

Non-voters     13,000,000 (28%)

Total                46,500,000 (100%)

IMO, 37% of the total electoral role is not a majority or a blueprint for the Government to announce it is the 'will of the people' that we must enforce Brexit, because that is statistically incorrect. It is the will of those that voted to leave, but not the majority of the electorate.