What A Mess..some Advice Needed..

Did the legal marriage here in bkk and wife just got her passport today with my last name..Nows time to stay here in thailand longer and how? do i really need to leave thailand to be allowed to stay longer then 30 days at a time? Plane ticket has me leaving march 2 and passport has me leaving jan 30.. if i do need to leave where to go and how..I guess i must get a non O but how? and if i do need to leave can my thai wife come with me or she needs a visa too?

Thanks guys

Yes, you need a non-immigrant O visa. Not sure if they issue in Thailand. Seems to be a lot of talk in the forum about having to go back to your home country. Your wife will most probably need a tourist visa to go with you. But since you are oficially married getting a visa should be no problem provided you complete all the necessary paperwork.

Did the legal marriage here in bkk and wife just got her passport today with my last name..Nows time to stay here in thailand longer and how? do i really need to leave thailand to be allowed to stay longer then 30 days at a time? Plane ticket has me leaving march 2 and passport has me leaving jan 30.. if i do need to leave where to go and how..I guess i must get a non O but how? and if i do need to leave can my thai wife come with me or she needs a visa too?

Thanks guys

Just need to get non Imm. O see post non imm. "o" vientiane from nearby country and then extend here by 1 year at immigration.

You dont need to go back to home country to get this.

Get the Air Asia flight to Penang. From the airport get a taxi to the Thai consulate. Armed with your passport, marriage certificate, Wifes ID card and house book registration, a couple of photos. Fill out the form and pay the fee.

Take the taxi to Chulia street and find a hotel. Sit in a bar and have a few beers and a meal. Have a good sleep.

The next day your passport will be ready after 2.00pm. Take the taxi to the consulate and pick it up with your 90 days non o inside.

Can extend for to year in Thailand if you have a family income of 40,000 a month

If you have 400k baht in a Thai bank account you can probably change to a non immigrant visa to allow 90 day stay for the process for extension of stay - but to actually extend your stay you would need a family income of 40k per month with 3 months proof.

As wife has passport perhaps a trip to Kuala Lumpur or Singapore would allow you to obtain a multi entry non immigrant O visa which would allow 90 day stays for up to 15 months. You will need marriage certificate, passport photos and perhaps copy of wife ID card (if she with you so much the better). No visa is required for a Thai to enter Malaysia or Singapore.

If you have 400k baht in a Thai bank account you can probably change to a non immigrant visa to allow 90 day stay for the process for extension of stay - but to actually extend your stay you would need a family income of 40k per month with 3 months proof.

As wife has passport perhaps a trip to Kuala Lumpur or Singapore would allow you to obtain a multi entry non immigrant O visa which would allow 90 day stays for up to 15 months. You will need marriage certificate, passport photos and perhaps copy of wife ID card (if she with you so much the better). No visa is required for a Thai to enter Malaysia or Singapore.

Thanks guys for your responce..Well we was going to go to the beaches here in Thailand but heck why not visit some other country anyway since Thailand says go away and then come back..So guys where to go spend a few weeks on the beach and pick up a Non o on the way back to Thailand..any ideas? We leave tommorow and have no idea where to go..lol

Advice where would you go for a few weeks in the sun? not killing the pocket and getting a non o on return..with my thai wife and her passport?

Thanks again

Steven

You can get to Penang by plane/train/bus/van/share taxi. Up to you. All but plane connections in Hat Yai.

Penang is not noted for beaches as it is a major port and water is quite dirty. But those that live there seem to feel they are adequate. Have never bothered to stay at a beach hotel. One hotel that many visa stayers use is Hotel Continental on Penang Street. Price is in the 1,000 baht range. Not luxury but probably the best in that price range.

If I were after a multi entry I would be trying Kuala Lumpur or Singapore as I said before. Although there was one report that Penang may issue again I would not be too sure yet.

You can get to Penang by plane/train/bus/van/share taxi. Up to you. All but plane connections in Hat Yai.

Penang is not noted for beaches as it is a major port and water is quite dirty. But those that live there seem to feel they are adequate. Have never bothered to stay at a beach hotel. One hotel that many visa stayers use is Hotel Continental on Penang Street. Price is in the 1,000 baht range. Not luxury but probably the best in that price range.

If I were after a multi entry I would be trying Kuala Lumpur or Singapore as I said before. Although there was one report that Penang may issue again I would not be too sure yet.

Ok thanks again for your help many times..I am going tomarrow to Kuala lumpur, or Singapore..Any forums members want to throw some advice Kuala or Singapore?

Steven

Going to Singapore..Now waiting all day for Air Asia to confirm i paid for flight..Looking for hotel now and don't really want to get room untill Air Asia emails me..Oh my just think its crazy thailand makes you leave thailand to stay in thailand..lol

steven

Oh my just think its crazy thailand makes you leave thailand to stay in thailand..lol

Well it's a bummer all right.

There again, If you've been in Thailand long enough to meet and marry your wife,

you've also been around long enough to figure out the visa situation :o

Naka.

Edited by naka