Bank issue

I agree. Probably not.

All I can think that might work if your passport is being held for a long time is to pay immigration for some kind of official letter verifying your identity.  If they do such a thing (never heard of it) and even then no guarantees. 

But the bank where i open my account had already all my docs, plus copy of the passport. The company took it for apply for my visa. I entered with a 3 months Non O and work permit already done. Passport is at immigration for reverse my visa from 3 months to 1 year.

Sent from my LG-K430 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 minute ago, Ian1980 said:

When i went to try take money from another branch,they told me that will be no problem to take money with passport copy from where i open bank account:but this is Thailand.

Sent from my LG-K430 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Obviously it may depend on the whims of your actual branch.

Ask them first. Nobody here can really give you 100 percent assurance. But you knew that already, right?

You don't have Thai driving license ? I have been able to withdraw with that,

also Pink farang I.D. card.in fact if you have your bank book,just take it too

the bank where you opened your account,they should not require ID there.

regards Worgeordie

9 hours ago, kwonitoy said:

If you have a police report of what you have lost and take it to the bank then the bank will deal with you (personal experience)

If not you are SOL

That's really good general advice here. You should really get a police report for most any kind of document loss. Including bank books. 

With all my Thai banks the ATM card (if any) is entirely secondary to the bank book. All my Thai banks will allow withdrawals using just the bank book at the issuing branch, though one of two of them (not all) also ask for photo ID.

I agree that in case of any document/card loss that might affect a bank account one should immediately make a police report and then report it to the bank immediately afterwards.