Woman accusing Trump of misconduct subpoenas presidential campaign

webfact

Woman accusing Trump of misconduct subpoenas presidential campaign

tag-reuters-1.jpg

FILE PHOTO: Summer Zervos listens as her attorney Gloria Allred speaks during a news conference announcing the filing of a lawsuit against President-elect Donald Trump in Los Angeles, California, U.S., January 17, 2017. REUTERS/Mike Blake

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A woman who has said that U.S. President Donald Trump groped her during a 2007 meeting has subpoenaed his presidential campaign for any documents concerning similar allegations, according to a subpoena filed in New York State Supreme Court.

Summer Zervos, a former contestant on Trump's reality TV show "The Apprentice," sought all documents from his campaign pertaining to "any woman alleging that Donald J. Trump touched her inappropriately," identifying nine by name, the subpoena said.

Trump has denied Zervos' accusation in the past. On Monday, asked about the subpoena at an impromptu White House news conference, Trump called it "totally fake news."

"It's just fake. It's fake. It's made-up stuff, and it's disgraceful, what happens, but that happens in the - that happens in the world of politics," he said.

The Trump campaign did not immediately return a request for comment on the subpoena.

Last October, shortly before the Nov. 8 presidential election, Zervos held a news conference to say that Trump kissed her, touched her breast and tried to get her to lie down on a bed with him during a meeting about a possible job.

The accusation came a week after a 2005 video emerged showing the Republican candidate bragging about groping and making unwanted sexual advances.

While Trump said at the time the video was just talk and he had never behaved in that way, several women subsequently went public with allegations of sexual misconduct against the New York real estate magnate going back three decades. Trump denied all the allegations.

Zervos sued Trump for defamation in New York State Supreme Court after he denied her account of their meeting and accused her and other women of lying. The subpoena, part of that lawsuit, was served in March and entered into the court file in September.

Trump's lawyers agreed to preserve the pertinent documents, but they are also trying to have the lawsuit dismissed or delayed.

"We served it simply to make sure that the documents get preserved," Mariann Wang, one of Zervos' lawyers, said in a phone interview on Monday.

BuzzFeed website first reported on the subpoena late on Sunday.

(Reporting by Joseph Ax, Doina Chiacu and Roberta Rampton; Writing by Doina Chiacu; Editing by Peter Cooney)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-10-17

29 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

I picture Trump in a damp dungeon by himself.  Talking sincerely to a spider on the wall;
                      "It's fake. It's fake. Everything everyone said about me that didn't praise me was fake.  The whole world was against me.  In contrast, my family and my appointed paid-for cabinet, and my servants all told me I was the smartest and the greatest.  They're not fake.  Only news that doesn't praise me is fake.  Fake News. Fake News.  Fake News. Where's my water bottle?"

Then the jailer calls out from the hallway, "Hey Fwump. You had your cup of water today. You only get one per day.  Same for your crust of moldy bread.  That's it.  Shut up, dotard. "

I have come to the conclusion that nobody could actually believe the nonsense he comes out with. It is literally " If it portrays me in a bad light , trust me its fake news " , honestly what sane individual would accept that type of self gloryfying hubris.

I seriously believe that what is happening is akin to a mass collective delusion , people can simply not accept that they were so stupid as to vote in such a person.

9 minutes ago, phantomfiddler said:

As an experienced face reader, I would say from the photo that this is not a pleasant woman.

She may be unpleasant , even a liar but her legal action is real. How can any sane person describe reality as fake news , even you supporters have to concede that he talks absolute rubbish on a frequent basis.

1 minute ago, joecoolfrog said:

I have come to the conclusion that nobody could actually believe the nonsense he comes out with. It is literally " If it portrays me in a bad light , trust me its fake news " , honestly what sane individual would accept that type of self gloryfying hubris.

I seriously believe that what is happening is akin to a mass collective delusion , people can simply not accept that they were so stupid as to vote in such a person.

Half his voters have turned away from him since the election.  Trump voters who claim to still like him, will never admit they made a mistake. I have an elder brother who is a die-hard Trump voter. He's also a Bible-Thumper and has an unlicensed automatic weapon (former military guy, dishonorably discharged). He's been married 8 times, has several kids who he's never paid a penny for support.  Is he the typical Trump supporter?  Probably not.  But he's such a Trump fan, that he publishes photoshopped pics of Obama and Michelle ....with their gender switched.   My brother is not an anomaly.  There are many Americans like him.  They're all Trump supporters.   

21 minutes ago, ezzra said:

And the timing has nothing to do with the 12 millions prize

that Larry flynt is offering to anyone who can dig up dirt and

smear the president the has it?....

This is the first I've heard of Flynt and a prize.  I'm pleasantly surprised he's still around.  

29 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Now that is fake news !

Firstly the sum is ( up to ) 10 million and would only be paid if Trump was thrown out. 

Given the fact that only an accusation deemed true would lead to such an event , payment would not occur for mere smears now  would they !

7 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

Half his voters have turned away from him since the election.

Could you give us a link for that---- Or is it going to be one of the many throw away lines that seem to emerge from the anti trump side?

Can we agree maybe on a reputable news agency Reuters perhaps..

Their poll after 6 months in office is that only 1 in 8 people who voted for him MAY not vote that way today.

This is an increase on the amount of voters for him who were questioned 2 months before--

88% would still vote for him--that's a victory in anyone's terms.

I am not American--and some of the things Trump does do appal me, but what appals me more is the lies & dis-information on every move he makes.

When all the dust is settled in 10-15 years time I think our children will read about this area of what I can only call, media manipulation with incredibility that so many people who had access to so much information, just didn't go and hunt for the facts instead of just repeating them.

Get your facts first, then, you can distort them as you please.-- Mark Twain

The Reuters poll

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-poll/one-in-eight-people-who-voted-for-trump-having-second-thoughts-reuters-ipsos-poll-idUSKBN1A5127

47 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Actually not. She made the claim (with 15 other women) before he was elected and now as the statute of limitations has run out on the harassment charge she will sue for libel due to him referring to her as a liar.

1 hour ago, tomwct said:

What a Joke! Go President Trump! He's No Bill Clinton! Making America Great Again!

He admitted to "grab them by the pussy" and said "I don't even wait! I move on them like a bitch!

At least with Clinton and the fat chick, it was consensual!

Meanwhile, back under your bridge... 

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

Lmao.... good onya Larry Flynt!

after all, its not as if Flynt hasn’t suffered from a witch hunt, or two, in his time... love it!

President Trump is the best president america ever had. Deep state and fake news are constantly coming up with fake news and trying to discredit him. I tell you, it is all fake! CNN is total rubish to the point that is is just ridiculous. NBC is even worse! All these media companies are controlled by BIG interest groups, aka Deep State. They feel threatened by Trump, but they are constantly loosing. Example: latest Hollywood scandal... Follow Trump on twitter to know the truth. Stock market is up, unemployment lower. The guy is a super genius and he will drain the swamp eventually. Expect BIG news coming tomorrow. Aee Sean hannity show on Fox news...

39 minutes ago, radiogeneris said:

President Trump is the best president america ever had. Deep state and fake news are constantly coming up with fake news and trying to discredit him. I tell you, it is all fake! CNN is total rubish to the point that is is just ridiculous. NBC is even worse! All these media companies are controlled by BIG interest groups, aka Deep State. They feel threatened by Trump, but they are constantly loosing. Example: latest Hollywood scandal... Follow Trump on twitter to know the truth. Stock market is up, unemployment lower. The guy is a super genius and he will drain the swamp eventually. Expect BIG news coming tomorrow. Aee Sean hannity show on Fox news...

as you say, TRUMP is gorgeous,

he is what the enemies of the USA dreamed of

and they  were granted. 

1 hour ago, radiogeneris said:

Well explain me this: why is it that ThaiVisa (clearly a branch of The Deep State since they allow links from CNN but not InfoWars) allows your post to remain?

I’ll tell you why: YOU are part of The Deep State—it is so Deep, it is turning in on itself and sucking it’s own farts! Wake up sheeple! They’re everywhere, even here, criticizing the very thing that they are part of! Plots within plots, within plots, my friend.

3 hours ago, joeyg said:

Fake news... 

2 hours ago, radiogeneris said:

hello newbie, is that a joke post?  If so, it's not very funny.  If not, please name one specific bit of news reported by CNN or CNBC which is fake.  You can't.   Anyone with 2 brain cells working together knows this about Trump:  if the news isn't to his liking, he immediately calls it 'fake.'

5 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

As an experienced face reader, I would say from the photo that this is not a pleasant woman.

And if you had been molested by a creep like Trump you probably wouldn't look to hot either......think about it.

2 hours ago, radiogeneris said:

Okay, let us accept your statement he is the best president we have ever had. So please tell us what he has accomplished since he became president......and if you cannot I think you are another of his intellectually challenged supporters, or a troll, or maybe worse. And please explain why he is a super genius......which is a laughable statement based on his tweets.  And what about all his lying almost every day.....explain that to me. And when you cannot do any of these things go back to doing anything but supporting this Neanderthal sociopath.......if you don't know this word it is time to stop commenting on social media. Bye bye.

4 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

hello newbie, is that a joke post?  If so, it's not very funny.  If not, please name one specific bit of news reported by CNN or CNBC which is fake.  You can't.   Anyone with 2 brain cells working together knows this about Trump:  if the news isn't to his liking, he immediately calls it 'fake.'

Personally, I find your name calling and other insults.  Offensive and sophomoric, at best.  I can assure you, you would have a very different tone face to face.  Guaranteed.

6 hours ago, radiogeneris said:

Fake account ?

13 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

Half his voters have turned away from him since the election.  Trump voters who claim to still like him, will never admit they made a mistake. I have an elder brother who is a die-hard Trump voter. He's also a Bible-Thumper and has an unlicensed automatic weapon (former military guy, dishonorably discharged). He's been married 8 times, has several kids who he's never paid a penny for support.  Is he the typical Trump supporter?  Probably not.  But he's such a Trump fan, that he publishes photoshopped pics of Obama and Michelle ....with their gender switched.   My brother is not an anomaly.  There are many Americans like him.  They're all Trump supporters.   

"Half his voters have turned away from him since the election."

Says who?  Got some stats to support that claim?

I doubt that your brother is typical of anyone, never mind Trump supporters and he, very clearly, is an anomaly.  What makes you think that there are "many Americans like him" and if even if it turned out that there are do you know them all?