Process for changing ED Visa to dependant?

I've recently obtained a non-o retirement extension visa and my wife (under 50) is studying Thai on an eduction visa. We would like to change her visa to a dependent on my visa. I have our marriage certificate already legalised by the Thai embassy in the UK.  I've tried asking at the local immigration but I am not clear due to language difficulties.

Could someone kindly explain what the process would be:

Does she need to get the school to cancel her existing visa?

What form is needed?

Documents required?

What is the cost?

Her language school have offered to do it all without visiting immigration but the charge is 6000 baht but I'm thinking this can be done in one visit for 2000?

I assume your wife is on extension of stay based upon attending school not a 90 day entry from a non-ed visa.

She can cancel her current extension of stay with a letter from the school stating the date she will not longer be attending classes. Then on the same day you she could apply for her dependent extension as soon as it is canceled. She will need your marriage certificate plus a copy and copies your passport photo page and extension of stay stamp. The fee for the extension will be 1900 baht.

She will use a TM7 form to apply for the new extension.

1 hour ago, TeaMonkey said:

My wife arrived on 28th Aug on a Non-Immigrant ED visa and has been stamped in until 25th Nov, which she would normally extend at immigration for another 90 days based in attending school

She will need nothing from the school since has not applied for an extension yet.  She can apply for the extension as your dependent during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry from the visa. She does not need to have a non-o visa to apply for it.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it didn't go to plan. The immigration officer looked at the passport and consulted with the supervisor and it was a clear mai dai. The options were to either leave the country and apply for a non-o visa at an embassy or they could sort it out for 8000.

Had to end up paying for this. At least we got some smiles and wai's from the officer, along with a 1900 baht receipt.

Just hope they don't expect this at renewal time.

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, TeaMonkey said:

Well, it didn't go to plan. The immigration officer looked at the passport and consulted with the supervisor and it was a clear mai dai. The options were to either leave the country and apply for a non-o visa at an embassy or they could sort it out for 8000.

Had to end up paying for this. At least we got some smiles and wai's from the officer, along with a 1900 baht receipt.

Just hope they don't expect this at renewal time.

Obviously, they could do it, but saw the opportunity for a nice little earner. If inclined to give in to their blackmail, I at least would have negotiated politely, without allowing my anger to show. An extra 2,000 over and above the cost of the extension should have been more than enough. If they said no, I would have smiled nicely and told them you were leaving. I bet they would have called you back.