Thai Tourist Police arrest Danish man over hotel-reservation scam

webfact

27 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Denmark has a boarder with Germany, lots of intermingling, mixed marriages etc. in many towns on or near the boarder you can speak German or Danish. 

I lived in Copenhagen for a year. Didn't learn any Danish bcuz everyone spoke fluent English. Nicest people too but ridiculously expensive to live. (Not as expensive as Norway or Sweden though).

16 hours ago, tubby johnson said:

Schultz? Not a very Danish surname.

Schleswig-Holstein, bordering northern Germany? They don't get it. Thai cops, at the top DSI  (Krong Brab Baap) are smart, and tough. Leave FBI in the dust. The girls informants? A neat sting.

16 hours ago, tubby johnson said:

Schultz? Not a very Danish surname.

Schultz is one of the top 100 common surnames in Denmark and I have a lot of Danish friends here with the surname Schultz. The surname derives from a status name for a parish official performing certain judicial functions in the parish (from the German Schultze). The border between Denmark and Germany has changed several times in history and the present border with Germany was fixed in 1920.

13 hours ago, InMyShadow said:

The Thais will turn against him for either immunity or reduced sentence, depending on which canary sings first

if you are a good Buddhist you do not lie.

if the judge doesn't hear the phrase...'gave useful information'

the sentence is doubled.

what would you do?

3 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

Schultz and his five Thai fellow conmen; "Police are hunting for the five alleged accomplices."

they got who they really wanted and the photo op that seems so important to them; bet their search for the others is just idle talk

Edited by YetAnother

11 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

No one deserves to be cheated....  they didn't 'have it coming' and may be guilty of naivety, but they didn't 'deserve it' much in the same way you wouldn't deserve to die if you ride in a car without a seat belt or on the back of a motorcycle taxi without a helmet... (can you honestly say you've never done any of those?)....

If I was riding without helmet or seatbelt I would deserve to die. I do not have any problem with the truth, unlike most people.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Formaleins said:

If they spent as much time on catching criminals as they spend on their ridiculous "Power Point " presentations then I might agree that they did a good job. However, if you look at the expense and work that has gone into their little charade of professionalism with their stupid presentation, then to me these idiots are just wasting money. We need to see more people that have been ripped off being flown over to Thailand to have them point at the defendant, only then will justice have been served!

That "Stupid Presentation," as you call, will be presented to the Court to highlight the positions of those involved, how it was impemented and the money trail. So who's stupid?:wai:

Edited by Si Thea01

34 minutes ago, marquis22 said:

vacasianhotel.com

This Domain is Under Construction

Please Check Back Later

..... Much later, when I get out....!!