Man, 51, drowns at Karon Beach

snoop1130

Man, 51, drowns at Karon Beach

The Phuket News

2582r2p.jpg

Beach safety personel were unable to revive the man after he was pulled from the water at Karon Beach. Photo: Phuket Marine Office

PHUKET:-- A 51-year-old man died today following unsuccessful attempts to resuscitate him after he was pulled unconscious from the water at Karon Beach.

Acting Lt Parskon Sirichuchot, a beach safety guard at Karon Beach, said, “We got the notice at 12.45pm that a tourist had disappeared near the rock cliff at Leam Sai.

The man was identified by beach safety personel as 51-year-old Mr Andy Airtley, but his identity and nationality has yet to be officially confimed.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/man-51-drowns-at-karon-beach-64354.php#RcDD0O3AsuWE7K0K.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-10-18

Another Russian. They seem to be competing with the Chinese in the drowning stakes this season.

At one stage today I was looking at the webcam of that area. The waves were quite large and frequent and the 2 semi-permanent rips in the area were prominent.

I was surprised to see people swimming in the rip near the southern rocks.

Perhaps I was watching this man's final moments

http://www.marinaphuket.com/live3.php

1 hour ago, steelepulse said:

Let's just face the facts, officials don't give a  **** about the drownings, even though it's the beaches that allow these room temperature IQ officials to collect their envelopes.

I agree, SP.

The thing is, if there is a murder of a tourist here, they pull out all stops to apprehend the murderer, so not to have "Phuket's image tarnished." 

Yet, the tuk-tuk mafia can indirectly kill tourists by pushing them onto motor scooters, and swimmers can drown, due to lack of professional beach supervision, and these fools don't see it at "Phuket's image being tarnished." 

As I have said before, in the future, these guys will have to tell their children, or their grand children, how they oversaw the demise of the tourism industry here, and subsequent economic collapse.