Ministry of foreign affairs stamp

Squaready

2 hours ago, PhuketSarah said:

Likely you will have to go to Bangkok- beware the scam where the nice office worker wants 1000 baht to fill out the form because " it's special language.." Anyone literate in Thai can do it. 

Sorry to sound a bit naive, but is the 1000 THB an officially approved fee or just another despicable racket for tea money invented by some corrupt officers ?

Edited by observer90210

Are you sure about that? I had to go through an agency to get some documents stamped (cheaper and less of a hassle  than a round trip to bkk) but it sure would have been easier to go directly to phuket town. At the time when I did the research on how to proceed, I didn't read anything about that office. Where is the old municipal building?

That agency was there btw https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Phuket+Translation+Office+(Khao+Rung)/@7.8883238,98.3816418,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0xe481b01f7e683d4a!8m2!3d7.8883238!4d98.3816418

2 hours ago, Squaready said:

Where specifically is the old municipal bldg in phuket town? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

My apologies - it's the Old Provincial Building. Map in link.

http://www.waymarking.com/waymarks/WMCVZ2_Phuket_Provincial_HallPhuket_Thailand

The Foreign Affairs office is a small building past the far end of the main offices building.

Edited by LivinginKata

23 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Sorry to sound a bit naive, but is the 1000 THB an officially approved fee or just another despicable racket for tea money invented by some corrupt officers ?

It appeared to be a  one - off scam by the office workers that the office manager helped along suggesting it. I imagine they try it with all foreigners and probably have a decent percentage buy it. 

Edited by PhuketSarah

On 10/19/2017 at 2:34 PM, pistachios said:

Are you sure about that? I had to go through an agency to get some documents stamped (cheaper and less of a hassle  than a round trip to bkk) but it sure would have been easier to go directly to phuket town. At the time when I did the research on how to proceed, I didn't read anything about that office. Where is the old municipal building?

That agency was there btw https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Phuket+Translation+Office+(Khao+Rung)/@7.8883238,98.3816418,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0xe481b01f7e683d4a!8m2!3d7.8883238!4d98.3816418

I got 2 documents translated and stamped at the same place, it was recommended by a person at the Aussie consulate, cost 7000 baht