Why Few Thai Women Are Saying #MeToo

snoop1130

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What a load of you know nothing , Many women get told if you dont have sex with the Factory boss/Forman , they are sacked, And usualy the female is the only working person in the family , I know from first hand how Thai women are told they are to old at the age of 30, its hard enough to get a job a a female in Thailand, so losing one is not an option.
My  wife's brother  got picked up from the streets,  a long while ago,They tried to plant yabba on him , My wife went to talk to the police about his arrest, The  Police station commander offered to let him go if she would have sex with him, She made a call to her superior, as she worked for the Bangkok police, Her brother was released immediately, but for years she had to watch her back, So you dont really get any protection if you complain to the police, Only if you are in the know or got big money. which i thought was common knowledge on Thai Visa.

I'm confused. You seem to be attacking me for sticking up for Thai ladies, and then going on to stick up for Thai ladies?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

9 hours ago, Thongkorn said:

The  Police station commander offered to let him go if she would have sex with him

a truly sad piece of filth....logically speaking, there should be zero sexual harassment in thailand because it's so easy to get laid

through commercial channels. 

Responding to the OP, which was a campaign started after the Weinstein casting couch accusations.

First we had 'regret rape', and now we have 'regret harassment'.

What will they come up  with next?

Edited by MaeJoMTB

6 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Responding to the OP, which was a campaign started after the Weinstein casting couch accusations.

First we had 'regret rape', and now we have 'regret harassment'.

What will they come up  with next?

Regret lascivious thoughts?

12 hours ago, fforest1 said:

I know how women feel....I was in a GoGo bar and a dancer sat next to me and grabbed my crotch and said O whats this with a smile on her face...

I felt so cheap and victimized..

Geez lol lol lol That never happened to me 

14 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

"Thailand still grapples with a victim-blaming culture in which victims of rape or sexual harassment are blamed for what they wear or where they go. This mindset remains fixed in society at large.

Jaded, who campaigns extensively on women’s rights, said these beliefs must change.

“The myth that blames victims for calling for attention or dress in overly revealing clothes should be changed,"

Evident from the top down and across forums discussing such issues...

I really do not see it as "blaming the victim "

I just believe that people (both Male & Female) should be cautious and not to put themselves in potential harms way in various situation in daily life .

For example , If I were to go out drinking , I would only take enough money for the night and not wear anything valuable , watch my drinks and not go off anywhere with strangers . Do not talk to ladyboys , let alone allowing any into my room

I do believe that people should be able to get on with their daily lives without harassment , but I know that the World isnt like that .

It really isnt "blaming the victim" , its just that people should not put themselves in harms way

In an ideal world , females should be allowed to wear what they like , but unfortunately, we do not live in an ideal world .

Some males cannot control their urges and they will force themselves upon scantily dressed females .

You should move on from pointing fingers and apportioning blame and see the world the way it is

In the Harvey Weinstein scandal, many of these women went along with the game seeking fame and fortune and as a means to fast track them up the career ladder. Then 30 and 40 years later they start crying sexual abuse and rape, proclaiming to be victims. This is because in the west women are always perceived to be the victims of men, whether it be prostitution, simply obliging with sexual favours to gain something and even in divorce cases, it`s believed all men are brutes, sexual predictors and abusers of women.

What went on in the entertainment industry has always been an open secret, this comes as no surprise. In my opinion this is just another we are victims rhetoric being pushed by Women`s Lib.

50 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I really do not see it as "blaming the victim "

I just believe that people (both Male & Female) should be cautious and not to put themselves in potential harms way in various situation in daily life .

For example , If I were to go out drinking , I would only take enough money for the night and not wear anything valuable , watch my drinks and not go off anywhere with strangers . Do not talk to ladyboys , let alone allowing any into my room

I do believe that people should be able to get on with their daily lives without harassment , but I know that the World isnt like that .

It really isnt "blaming the victim" , its just that people should not put themselves in harms way

In an ideal world , females should be allowed to wear what they like , but unfortunately, we do not live in an ideal world .

Some males cannot control their urges and they will force themselves upon scantily dressed females .

You should move on from pointing fingers and apportioning blame and see the world the way it is

Funny enough, everything you say there smacks of victim blaming and defending it.

Edited by Bluespunk

1 hour ago, cyberfarang said:

In the Harvey Weinstein scandal, many of these women went along with the game seeking fame and fortune and as a means to fast track them up the career ladder. Then 30 and 40 years later they start crying sexual abuse and rape, proclaiming to be victims. This is because in the west women are always perceived to be the victims of men, whether it be prostitution, simply obliging with sexual favours to gain something and even in divorce cases, it`s believed all men are brutes, sexual predictors and abusers of women.

What went on in the entertainment industry has always been an open secret, this comes as no surprise. In my opinion this is just another we are victims rhetoric being pushed by Women`s Lib.

Another expert on the subject who doesn't have a clue about anything because it doesn't affect him.

#cluelessfarang

17 minutes ago, sanemax said:

No it doesnt 

Actually, you are right it doesn't all do that.

So, apologies there.

But I disagree with you on your viewpoint, especially the point you say about people putting themselves in harms way, when all they are doing is going about their daily lives. To do that is victim blaming.

Women can dress as they wish and be allowed to do so without some scumbag harassing them. To blame a victim for their trauma, because of the way they dress is at the core of the culture victim blaming.

As to blaming a victim because they talked to someone, again, at the core of victim blaming.

Edited by Bluespunk

5 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Another expert on the subject who doesn't have a clue about anything because it doesn't affect him.

#cluelessfarang

So, if you are an expert, would you care to enlighten us ?

I am not an expert, but i think cyberfarang made quite a point, instead of you shooting the messenger.

Just now, mauGR1 said:

So, if you are an expert, would you care to enlighten us ?

I am not an expert, but i think cyberfarang made quite a point, instead of you shooting the messenger.

Shooting the messenger is standard procedure for the Clueless.

5 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Actually, you are right it doesn't. So, apologies for that.

But I disagree with you on your viewpoint, especially the point you say about people putting themselves in harms way, when all they are doing is going about their daily lives. To do that is victim blaming.

I blame the perpetrator 100 % , but people should also take precautions to not to put themselves in harms way . Yes, its not possible to keep yourself out of harms way at all times , but people should do their best to avoid potential harmful situations . Once again, that isnt always possible

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

I blame the perpetrator 100 % , but people should also take precautions to not to put themselves in harms way . Yes, its not possible to keep yourself out of harms way at all times , but people should do their best to avoid potential harmful situations . Once again, that isnt always possible

The best way to stop people being harassed is for sexual predators to stop.

Blaming anything, but the actions of the predator is victim blaming as far as I'm concerned.

3 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

The best way to stop people being harassed is for sexual predators to stop.

Blaming anything, but the actions of the predator is victim blaming as far as I'm concerned.

You are right in principle, but the fact is that this world is packed with predators of one sort or another, and, sorry if that discomforts you, but actually more than a few women find them attractive.

13 hours ago, bangrak said:

Thai women are mostly saying: 'up to you', ...as long as the money follows!

The rest is BS to me, no saints, no more than the ladies from the countries we come from.

Basically less 'expensive', because of the local standards, compared to that of our home countries, ...at least until they have been able to evaluate the depth of our pocket.

We are all wealthy, in their simple dreams, plus because of the stupid bragging of many of us men here, and should, all, have a, large, ATM tatooed on our forehead!

Mind you, nothing better to expect from other countries of origin, Philippines, Cuba, Russia, et al, you name it, what d'you expect? You're 50, or 70, the dame is 25 or 30, and you expect her to 'love' you,  your, decayed' body and, stiff, mind?

Get a grip on yourself (well, erm...)! LOL 

Shouldn't that be "stiff body and decayed (decadent) mind"?

Edited by MaxYakov

15 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Yes, but how would you achieve that ?

That would be the ideal situation .

But how you you go about bringing that to reality ?

A good first step would be to stop blaming the victim and stop bolstering the idea prevalent amongst predators that they can use 'she was asking for it' line of ''thought''

14 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

You are right in principle, but the fact is that this world is packed with predators of one sort or another, and, sorry if that discomforts you, but actually more than a few women find them attractive.

Yeah not sure I fully agree with you there, but this thread is about the unwillingness of women to speak up about their assaults/harassment because of a culture of victim blaming/shaming.

5 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Yeah not sure I fully agree with you there, but this thread is about the unwillingness of women to speak up about their assaults/harassment because of a culture of victim blaming/shaming.

Yes, and we are discussing the many facets of the problem. We had some good answers so far.

I can say that i would probably fight to defend a woman attacked on the street, but i have my doubts about wannabe actresses going to a hotel room with a well known movie moghul.

It's not all black and white, if you get my drift.

15 hours ago, edwardandtubs said:

There was this woman on the sky train, for sure she was rubbing her arse against my erect penis. #metoo

Wonder if it was the same woman I encountered. Could we get a class action going? 

22 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

A good first step would be to stop blaming the victim and stop bolstering the idea prevalent amongst predators that they can use 'she was asking for it' line of ''thought''

What would be the second step ?

Tell me how you would go about stopping sexual attacks ?