Breakfast Buffets

NotWhatItWasnt

There are two types of breakfast buffet  depending on your goal as we can see from different posters. There is the tourist type one whereby someone will seek out a good quality one in a nice setting and not too bothered about price normally ranging in the 200-250 or the cheap eat as much as you can bargain basement one, often low quality but feeds an expat for a day for 100 baht with a doggy bag thrown in. 

Both serve a purpose depending on your disposition and budget. 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, juice777 said:

The Denmark soi Whitehouse in Jomtien is good for a 190THB. More Scandinavian style with lots of cold meets and mustards. They have a omelet bar and crispy bacon. They used to have small Danishes to but have seemed to stop them. I make a right pig of myself. Peanut butter on toast then a omlet with bacon. Then fried potatoes with meet balls. They have a large selection of rolls and different breads so I then have a slami and cheese and pickle and mustard crusty roll to finish.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

While I wasn't blown away by their buffet you're right the peanut butter offering is a nice choice, and they have real bacon also :-).

12 hours ago, balo said:

If you just want a solid English breakfast , not a buffet you can't beat Retox 99 baht .

It is a decent price and lots of food.

But just sayin, the biggest pile of grease I have ever eaten never understood deep fried bread.

On 10/19/2017 at 7:12 AM, dotpoom said:

Apex and it's sister hotel The Lek ( across the road from it) are still going strong. The Lek has shortened it's hours though. Don't know about them being the best...but up there with the cheapest. 150 bt. Breakfast...250 bt dinner.

15 years ago the Apex was the best around but the last time I went a couple of years ago it was rubbish and wouldn't go back. I have done most of the cheaper ones and wouldn't recommend any. I use the Lek a fair bit, always have coupons so only 120 a go,  it doesn't matter so much if I am feeling crap and only have coffee, wife always tucks in.

Casa Pascal is quite good and has the advantage of being open later, I also like the LK Empress but have to say that when I went last week not so good as normal, particularly the Thai food.

My favorite is the Holiday Inn, rear block on 6th floor, at 299 a bit more than the others but the view is worth a large chunk of that and you get a very good breakfast thrown in, complete with back bacon.

While I wasn't blown away by their buffet you're right the peanut butter offering is a nice choice, and they have real bacon also :-).
Peanut butter is so expensive here it's one of the items I decided to go without.

OK guys I am at CA right now. Very impressed not many dishes but every thing is spot on. They are a bit slow on the omlite bar and he forgot to put mushrooms in it. But bacon was lovely but ask for more because they don't give you a lot. Also the coffee is great and they have a coffee machine also what makes all different types of coffee. Worth the extra 100THB.

Will definitely come back

Not sure of the name or if it's even still there but, there was a really great breakfast place in Jomtien opposite the beach at the big T-intersection by the police box (iirc). Standing on the beach side looking inland it would have been on the right hand side near the the corner. They started selling meat pies as well.

23 minutes ago, ThaiBob said:

Well a huge palm tree crushed the roof during a storm and they never reopened. Never thought of it as a breakfast place and I am sure it never had a buffet breakfast, the topic of this thread. 

Oh blimey.......back on subject. The Coins used to be a good value English. Reasonable quality but lots of if you wanted quantity. 

Best ive had is the Sportsman soi13. Proper English sausages, bacon etc. 

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 9:49 AM, sandyf said:

15 years ago the Apex was the best around but the last time I went a couple of years ago it was rubbish and wouldn't go back. I have done most of the cheaper ones and wouldn't recommend any. I use the Lek a fair bit, always have coupons so only 120 a go,  it doesn't matter so much if I am feeling crap and only have coffee, wife always tucks in.

Casa Pascal is quite good and has the advantage of being open later, I also like the LK Empress but have to say that when I went last week not so good as normal, particularly the Thai food.

My favorite is the Holiday Inn, rear block on 6th floor, at 299 a bit more than the others but the view is worth a large chunk of that and you get a very good breakfast thrown in, complete with back bacon.

The time I tried them, the food was cold and not that good, and that was donkey's years ago.

32 minutes ago, MINIMIGLIA said:

Well only 1 according to their website, so clearly you have not tried it, one of the best Buffet Breakfasts in thailand in my opinion

More thsn 1, according to my eyes and one under construction.

23 hours ago, MINIMIGLIA said:

Is there a Centara in Pats?? the one in Udon Thani does a superb buffet 295 baht.

I have been to the one on the road from Soi Bukhao to the back of the Avenue, Centara Blue?. Near the back side of the Areca Lodge. It is fairly new and has a magnificent fish tank in the middle of the dining room. Think it was 190 Baht and the food and service was quite good. Like everywhere else there is always the poor point and here it is the servery not really big enough and not very well laid out.

The other thing to watch is time, closes I think at 10.30 and when we went around 10.00 a crowd of residents came down the stairs to try and squeeze a breakfast in, caused chaos.

On 19/10/2017 at 2:11 AM, chakatee said:

Apex and Lek indeed probably the cheapest. But cheap is the only positive adjective I could come up with when describing these 2.

Pay about 100 baht more and have breakfast e.g. at Casa Pascal, nice place to sit, quiet, air-con'd, clean and good food incl. warm and soft drinks.

the APEX and LEK HOTEL buffets are the pits , with cold food and the same horrid slop over and over again, the coffee & tea is yukky,   its ok for big fat slobs to bring their bar girls too the morning after to try and impress them.

LK at top of soi buakhao have a decent breakfast buffet.   

26 minutes ago, pumpjack said:

the APEX and LEK HOTEL buffets are the pits , with cold food and the same horrid slop over and over again, the coffee & tea is yukky,   its ok for big fat slobs to bring their bar girls too the morning after to try and impress them.

LK at top of soi buakhao have a decent breakfast buffet.   

Thank you for the laugh, these are some of the truest words ever penned on this forum ^

ecba7_thailand_farang-1.jpg

Archived