Breakfast Buffets

NotWhatItWasnt

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/20/2017 at 11:10 PM, juice777 said:

Peanut butter is so expensive here it's one of the items I decided to go without.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Huh? Are you serious? Tops has the product for 30-35 baht/100g  feauturing major brands including Jiff and Skippy and Waitrose.   Villa has similar, but a  bit more expensive at 32-40 baht/100g.  This typically retails for 25-32 baht/100g in most western countries.  Hardly expensive.   

Huh? Are you serious? Tops has the product for 30-35 baht/100g  feauturing major brands including Jiff and Skippy and Waitrose.   Villa has similar, but a  bit more expensive at 32-40 baht/100g.  This typically retails for 25-32 baht/100g in most western countries.  Hardly expensive.   
Oh that's good to know every time I've looked only seen expinsve Peanut butter. I will have a look again. Actually one of the other reasons I don't have it is because I find myself eating 6 slices of Toast a A day.

29 minutes ago, MINIMIGLIA said:

Only 1 on their website and only 1 on Agoda ??????????

There is one on Soi 4 off 2nd Rd and one at Wongamat known as Centara Grand Mirage Resort. Perhaps it is indeed a grand mirage but when I see it from the bus everyday it looks a pretty big hotel to me. There is one under construction between 2nd Rd and Soi Buakow. Then there will be 3 !!!!!!!!!!!

22 hours ago, MINIMIGLIA said:

Well only 1 according to their website, so clearly you have not tried it, one of the best Buffet Breakfasts in thailand in my opinion

You needed to have looked harder -

Centara Grand Mirage Beach Resort Pattaya  (Wong Amat I think?)

277 Moo 5, Naklua, Banglamung,Pattaya 20150, Thailand

Centara Pattaya Hotel

Address
78/140 Moo 9, Tombol Nongprue, Banglamung, Pattaya 20150, Thailand

And according to one of their drop downs on one of their site -

Centara Nova Hotel and Spa Pattaya

Centara Azure Hotel Pattaya

and 2 Centra by Centara - one in Jomtien and one in Pattaya......

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 4:59 PM, pumpjack said:

the APEX and LEK HOTEL buffets are the pits , with cold food and the same horrid slop over and over again, the coffee & tea is yukky,   its ok for big fat slobs to bring their bar girls too the morning after to try and impress them.

LK at top of soi buakhao have a decent breakfast buffet.   

I ate at Lek for a month, and other than being cool ( understandable as it's outside- could you do better?  and if you want hot, wait till they refill the containers, or cook up a batch of omelettes ), it was what I would expect for the price. If anyone wants better, go elsewhere and pay more. Just for breakfast it was fine, IMO. I don't see how they could cook sausages, eggs, toast, croissants etc better. The OJ was also fine, which was all I drank there.

I never paid for the dinner buffet as it was basically the same but way more expensive.

If you hate the big fat slobs so much, what are you doing in Pattaya anyway, and no one takes a girl there to impress them. Anyway, they eat the Thai food, and I don't know how good or otherwise that is. Never been my choice.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I ate at Lek for a month, and other than being cool ( understandable as it's outside- could you do better?  and if you want hot, wait till they refill the containers, or cook up a batch of omelettes ), it was what I would expect for the price. If anyone wants better, go elsewhere and pay more. Just for breakfast it was fine, IMO. I don't see how they could cook sausages, eggs, toast, croissants etc better. The OJ was also fine, which was all I drank there.

I never paid for the dinner buffet as it was basically the same but way more expensive.

If you hate the big fat slobs so much, what are you doing in Pattaya anyway, and no one takes a girl there to impress them. Anyway, they eat the Thai food, and I don't know how good or otherwise that is. Never been my choice.

The one off Nua is better then central.  Nice view of their beautiful pool.

Ask the guy to make a fresh hot egg.

I think it is good for the price not only breakfast but usually chicken and pork and veggies.

Eat after 10 am and you do not have to eat another meal all day.

120 b if you buy 10 upfront I think the best bargain in the city.

On 10/21/2017 at 10:10 AM, juice777 said:

Peanut butter is so expensive here it's one of the items I decided to go without.

Just make your own.

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/697572-natural-peanut-butter-in-bangkok/

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/53218-peanut-butter/

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/30348-all-natural-peanut-butter/?page=2

On 10/23/2017 at 8:10 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

If you hate the big fat slobs so much, what are you doing in Pattaya anyway, and no one takes a girl there to impress them.

You take your girl there to impress the other fat slobs, not the slapper.

Where's the 'sheeesh!' emoticon when you need one?

On 10/23/2017 at 8:10 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

I ate at Lek for a month, and other than being cool

You sir are the consummate Pattaya breakfast underachiever.

On 10/23/2017 at 9:43 PM, bkk6060 said:

I think it is good for the price not only breakfast but usually chicken and pork and veggies.

And so are you, sir.

PS. I need some advice on balloons. Can either of you help?

On 10/22/2017 at 12:16 PM, Kadilo said:

Oh blimey.......back on subject. The Coins used to be a good value English. Reasonable quality but lots of if you wanted quantity. 

Best ive had is the Sportsman soi13. Proper English sausages, bacon etc. 

...and proper English prices!

On October 23, 2560 BE at 10:19 AM, MINIMIGLIA said:

Only 1 on their website and only 1 on Agoda ??????????

The only proper 5* Centara is the Centara Grand Mirage in Jomtien. The others are different Centara brands which are not 5*.

The prevalence of these lesser standard Centara's has hurt their image somewhat in my opinion, and especially with some of the developers they teamed up with in Pattaya. I have stayed at the Centara Grand Mirage a few times and their breakfast buffet is excellent as it is across the country in the main Centara hotels.  

37 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

The only proper 5* Centara is the Centara Grand Mirage in Jomtien. The others are different Centara brands which are not 5*.

The prevalence of these lesser standard Centara's has hurt their image somewhat in my opinion, and especially with some of the developers they teamed up with in Pattaya. I have stayed at the Centara Grand Mirage a few times and their breakfast buffet is excellent as it is across the country in the main Centara hotels.  

Wongamat not Jomtien

20 hours ago, NanLaew said:

You take your girl there to impress the other fat slobs, not the slapper.

Where's the 'sheeesh!' emoticon when you need one?

The entire month I ate breakfast at Lek, I think I saw ONE nice burd that might impress another monger. The rest proved my point that all the good looking ones are somewhere other than Pattaya now. I kept having to check my photo album to remind myself that there did use to be DDG bargirls there.

I guess the glory days are over.

To answer your other response as well, some of us just want to not be hungry and a Lek buffet is excellent for that. Didn't pay to get there in the last 1/2 hour before closing though, as not much left- I guess plenty of other guys are happy with what they provide. Can't all be foodie snobs.

23 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The entire month I ate breakfast at Lek, I think I saw ONE nice burd that might impress another monger. The rest proved my point that all the good looking ones are somewhere other than Pattaya now. I kept having to check my photo album to remind myself that there did use to be DDG bargirls there.

I guess the glory days are over.

To answer your other response as well, some of us just want to not be hungry and a Lek buffet is excellent for that. Didn't pay to get there in the last 1/2 hour before closing though, as not much left- I guess plenty of other guys are happy with what they provide. Can't all be foodie snobs.

No worries doll. Me and my mate probably brought the only proper stunner to the Lek's bargain-basement brekky buffet. She got most diners blood pressure up and few guys seemed to have sudden problems with their napkins. But she was so underwhelmed with the food, Pattaya in general and me and my mate in particular, she buggered off to Bangkok on her own about half an hour after we left.

It's not about being a food snob. Some places do manage to deliver quality and taste along with value for money but the Lek just aint one of them. Never has been either.

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 4:52 PM, NanLaew said:

No worries doll. Me and my mate probably brought the only proper stunner to the Lek's bargain-basement brekky buffet. She got most diners blood pressure up and few guys seemed to have sudden problems with their napkins. But she was so underwhelmed with the food, Pattaya in general and me and my mate in particular, she buggered off to Bangkok on her own about half an hour after we left.

It's not about being a food snob. Some places do manage to deliver quality and taste along with value for money but the Lek just aint one of them. Never has been either.

Never mind, everyone that doesn't like Lek's breakfast can go to one of the hundreds of more expensive places. When I pop down next month I'll certainly be eating there.

On 10/23/2017 at 9:43 PM, bkk6060 said:

Agreed. Happened to be in the neighborhood this morning so I stopped in. Pleasant environment, good service. Buffet a good value, yes, if nothing to write home about. I did have 5 cups of coffee. ;) Not a large variety of food but covered the bases. Should have been kept warmer. Our gourmets could expound at length but I'm not one of 'em. The clientele looked significantly more upscale that what you might see downtown. Some pretty Russian ladies around--w/ their boyfriends/hubbies. I'd probably go back someday.

The breakfast buffet at the Holiday Inn (East Coast Kitchen@Executive Tower) is superb. It is off the beaten path and caters mostly to hotel guests but others can use also (299 net). Opens early (0530-1030) and the price is considerably higher on weekends for non-guests. Poolside dining, excellent in-house coffee, pastries, egg station, waffles, pancakes, Asian food.... highly recommended. (Pattaya City Expats Club members get a discount too.) 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived