Breakfast Buffets

NotWhatItWasnt

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apex and it's sister hotel The Lek ( across the road from it) are still going strong. The Lek has shortened it's hours though. Don't know about them being the best...but up there with the cheapest. 150 bt. Breakfast...250 bt dinner.

Apex and Lek indeed probably the cheapest. But cheap is the only positive adjective I could come up with when describing these 2.

Pay about 100 baht more and have breakfast e.g. at Casa Pascal, nice place to sit, quiet, air-con'd, clean and good food incl. warm and soft drinks.

2 hours ago, chakatee said:

Apex and Lek indeed probably the cheapest. But cheap is the only positive adjective I could come up with when describing these 2.

Pay about 100 baht more and have breakfast e.g. at Casa Pascal, nice place to sit, quiet, air-con'd, clean and good food incl. warm and soft drinks.

Ditto on CP....best spot by far for good quality breakfast.....hands down....??????

2 hours ago, chakatee said:

I'll second that. Casa Pascal clear winner without a doubt! At 240 Baht it is hard to beat.

8 hours ago, NotWhatItWasnt said:

Found the facebook page for Apex and it's still running

Apex Buffet

Would like to hear about other users favorite buffets.

Beware the Buffet. It's a melange of yesterday's leftovers. Sit close to the toilets. เข้าใจไหม ? 

1 hour ago, jgarbo said:

Beware the Buffet. It's a melange of yesterday's leftovers. Sit close to the toilets. เข้าใจไหม ? 

Oh dear ....another poster trying to both impress us and break forum rules in the one go.

yes...I do understand...kowjai?

Several people commented on Casa Pascal breakfast.  While I agree the breakfast at CP used to be outstanding.  Recently the selection of items have become limited.  What they serve is still very good but I  don't think it is worth the high cost based on the offering.

3 hours ago, hobobo said:

I'll second that. Casa Pascal clear winner without a doubt! At 240 Baht it is hard to beat.

Pitini do an excellent big breakfast for around 120.

Nothing wrong with Lek's buffet unless a foodie fanatic. Food is just something we have to eat to make it through the day, for most of us.

I liked being able to fill up so I never needed another proper meal in the day, and it's certainly acceptable quality.

Buy 10 tickets and get a discount.

3 hours ago, John_Betong said:

Last week had the biggest 99 Baht all-day breakfast at Retox Sports Bar, Pattaya. We went just before lunch and it was quiet, unlike Kev's video :)

Are they now doing their 99 baht breakfast there as before (and I last looked about a month ago) they had a small breakfast at 80 baht (no juice or tea/coffee which were extra) or the next one up was about 150baht?

99 baht breakfast at Retox Soi Lengkee for sure but quality is average especially since they started to deep fry the sausage and black pudding......

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Nothing wrong with Lek's buffet unless a foodie fanatic. Food is just something we have to eat to make it through the day, for most of us.

I liked being able to fill up so I never needed another proper meal in the day, and it's certainly acceptable quality.

OP asked about Breakfast Buffets. I never heard Pitini's doing a breakfast buffet before. Comparing Pitini's with Casa Pascal is like driving an old banger vs a luxury car. They both get you from A to B, but there's a big difference in comfort.

While the Apex and Lek buffet options are of good value, for a little more you can get the LK Empress on Beach Road and it includes an omelette bar.  The attached video is of the old set up, they've changed it up a bit.  No bacon btw while I was there last.

2 hours ago, Roger Lee said:

While the Apex and Lek buffet options are of good value, for a little more you can get the LK Empress on Beach Road and it includes an omelette bar.  The attached video is of the old set up, they've changed it up a bit.  No bacon btw while I was there last.

.....and a lovely place to sit and eat too. 

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Do you want a doggy bag too for your 120 baht? 

The Denmark soi Whitehouse in Jomtien is good for a 190THB. More Scandinavian style with lots of cold meets and mustards. They have a omelet bar and crispy bacon. They used to have small Danishes to but have seemed to stop them. I make a right pig of myself. Peanut butter on toast then a omlet with bacon. Then fried potatoes with meet balls. They have a large selection of rolls and different breads so I then have a slami and cheese and pickle and mustard crusty roll to finish.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, juice777 said:

The Denmark soi Whitehouse in Jomtien is good for a 190THB. More Scandinavian style with lots of cold meets and mustards. They have a omelet bar and crispy bacon. They used to have small Danishes to but have seemed to stop them. I make a right pig of myself. Peanut butter on toast then a omlet with bacon. Then fried potatoes with meet balls. They have a large selection of rolls and different breads so I then have a slami and cheese and pickle and mustard crusty roll to finish.

Yes, Danmark is an unusual take on breakfast. I go there quite often and it is surely the best value for under 200B, especially for anyone who appreciates the unexpected. Casa Pascal as mentioned is surely the best value in the 200-250B category. In the sub-100B (or even sub-150B) group, Retox is unbeatable but is not a buffet.

To get better than those one would need to go to the Hilton or the Royal Cliff (or the Amari or other 5* places). These are very good quality but cost triple the price of Casa Pascal, so I dont think they are very good value.

7 minutes ago, juice777 said:

I was just checking out CP on Google it looks great and says Breakfast and lunch. And they have kippers. Going to go down there this week anyway know what time they finish the Buffet.

2PM, but I would not want to get there much after 1PM. It is definitely a brunch place rather than just breakfast.

2 hours ago, EcigAmateur said:

When knowing what kind of shiiitee they call bacon in Thailand, nobody would like to eat it without being insane.

I've never seen anything that can be described as real bacon in LOS. It's normally fat, with a little bit of meat, and almost always overcooked.

However, I liked the bacon rolls in Lek's buffet, and they weren't overcooked.

Archived