Frenchman arrested over posting nude photos of ex-Thai girlfriend

snoop1130

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder whether its the same guy ?

I am on quite a few Chiang mai FB groups and a while ago some guy kept making fake profiles , joining FB groups with the sole intention about posting about his ex BG girlfriend .He seemed obsessed with her , posting her photo, home address , workplace and telephone number and he made webpages about her .

He kept posting about how distrustful she was and how she tried to rip him off , he was madly obsessive .

She did say that She had informed the Police about him and further action would be taken against him .

I wonder whether it was the same guy or not

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I wonder whether its the same guy ?

I am on quite a few Chiang mai FB groups and a while ago some guy kept making fake profiles , joining FB groups with the sole intention about posting about his ex BG girlfriend .He seemed obsessed with her , posting her photo, home address , workplace and telephone number and he made webpages about her .

He kept posting about how distrustful she was and how she tried to rip him off , he was madly obsessive .

She did say that She had informed the Police about him and further action would be taken against him .

I wonder whether it was the same guy or not

was he French?

3 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

he did it and hes going down. such <deleted> on this thread 555

In a country which is deeply corrupt at virtually every level many cynical foreigners with experience of Thailand would not enter so blindly into harsh judgement in this case, to do so would be quite naive....

To comment that 'he did it and hes going down. such <deleted> on this thread 555'  is a perfect example of just naivety..... not one of us reading this story can comment without any doubt that he is guilty, particularly in light of Thailands track record.

It's quite possible that this is an accusation of a scorned woman against her innocent ex. 

It is also quite possible that this accusation is valid in which case I hope the guy is dealt with harshly. 

First and foremost of hope that an investigation is honest and any doubt is removed. 

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

In a country which is deeply corrupt at virtually every level many cynical foreigners with experience of Thailand would not enter so blindly into harsh judgement in this case, to do so would be quite naive....

To comment that 'he did it and hes going down. such <deleted> on this thread 555'  is a perfect example of just naivety..... not one of us reading this story can comment without any doubt that he is guilty, particularly in light of Thailands track record.

It's quite possible that this is an accusation of a scorned woman against her innocent ex. 

It is also quite possible that this accusation is valid in which case I hope the guy is dealt with harshly. 

First and foremost of hope that an investigation is honest and any doubt is removed. 

i stand by my words. time will tell

Or perhaps she put the photos on herself and said he hacked her account and did it.  Either to get back at him or protect herself from prosecution.

Not saying it happened that way but it is always a possibility.

Yeah that's frowned upon in this part of the world.  When I worked in Tokyo before I retired I had a dumb ass agency civilian do that to his ex girl friend and much worse.  His dumb ass should have gone to prison it's a long story.  Instead the Japanese prosecutor made him a deal no prosecution in exchange for him leaving Japan.  So the headquarters recalled him to D.C.  That guy was a scumbag and had no business with a security clearance and no business working for the agency.  I happily drove his ass to Narita Airport and put his ass on a plane back to D.C.  He drew a lot of attention to a covert element by doing that and embarrassed us all.  I don't want to get started on that scumbag I'm just glad to be retired.  In Japan defamation of character is a serious offense when you humiliate someone.  This SOB sent sexually explicit pictures of her to her parents, family, and all her friends and posted her nude pictures all over the internet.  She was pregnant with his child and he punched her in the stomach causing her to have a miscarriage.  She also accused him of sexual assault and of course he got away with it all because he was a government employee.  The only punishment he received was being relieved of his Detachment Chief position at our small Field Office in Tokyo.  When I dropped him off at the airport my last words to him was to not let the door hit him in the ass when entering the terminal.  I would have preferred to have advised him not to drop the soap.  That sorry SOB.  

9 hours ago, mstevens said:

Not at all.  She simply made a complaint which the police investigated, found sufficient evidence to pursue and when they established that the alleged perpetrator was not available to answer any questions they forwarded the case paperwork to a prosecutor who presented it to a judge who issued an arrest warrant for the Frenchman.  Arrest warrants are accessible by Immigration and have been for a while now and when the alleged perp entered the country the Immigration computer alerted the officer that the Frenchman had a warrant in their name.  Immigration detained him and the police district investigating was informed that the suspect would be transported to them.  That is basically how it works.  Had the Frenchman been in Thailand when the complaint was made he would have had a chance to tell his side of the story but as he was not - and as there was sufficient evidence to issue an arrest warrant - then he now has questions to answer.

Arrest warrants are NOT issued without sufficient evidence to do so.  The police usually summons someone for questioning and it is only when they don't appear (or cannot be found, as in this case) that a warrant is issued.

Sorry you are very wrong and I will show you why.

First as I said in my first post if he did it sod him throw the book at him as he deserves it.

But as I also stated a friend of ours had this problem, this was not for this type of offense but for making a comment to a local newspaper in the UK who where investigating 2 Thai's who had ripped him off along with other people and the likes of Barclaycard to the tune of 3 million+ The comment he made was within the UK law and was printed and also when online (the papers website).

He arrived here a few years later on holiday and passed through the airport ok. a few weeks later BK police arrived at his location and arrested him and treated him as a master criminal handcuffs the lot and dragged him back to BK.

The bent Bangkok Attorney arrived and hit him with another charge under the CCA, they tried to persuade him to plead guilty and pay 10 million compensation he is not an idiot or scared by this kind of extortion, he also had the connections to leave by the backdoor which he did.

The arrest document signed by a judge said The ministry of IT (SH>>) had tracked the IP address and it was in his name in the UK and he owned it. Untrue utter lies and was proved to the ministry who then changed (after the judge had issued the arrest warrant) to say they did not know who owned that IP address. Just to let you know even the UK police cannot track an IP address without a UK court order. The address they quoted was a website not a home IP which Thai police could not get themselves by UK law.

So we know they use corruption to try to convict people who comply with the law in their own country but here are treated like murders when they visit on holiday.

One thing our friend did before living is get the photo's of the Attorney, a female and the best friend of the person who made a compliant, the police officer, the police station, bk south attorneys office and also took all paperwork back to the UK. So very soon those will see their faces and the story on the web, they can complain but go to the UK and attempted extortion charges will be laid against them. They have not even tried to extradite him as they know it a no chance result. This is a guy who has money and these 5 Locals tried to extort money from him, who looses Thailand does with bad publicly and he will never visit again and spend lots of money as he used to.

Add to this not so long back the PM said no more photos to be put on line of people arrested or words to that effect. Yesterday on TV at the airport faces of locals where blurred, but in his case not, again victimization as he is a farang.

So we know scams go on just look at Ian Raunce and Andy Hall to name but a few, here you can rip off people then when they complain go to the police and get them taken to court under the CCA and rip them off again, some just walk away and make the place look what it is in some places. PS court fees are free to the compliant.

Lets hear both sides of the story then comment, if he did ok to me he pays the price, if he did not he will still pay as some here have a connection that are corrupt.

10 hours ago, AGareth2 said:

the women must have some high connections

to have him lifted at the airport

thought that was reserved for heinous crimes

like S112

This is why we think as we do as seen it all before and know how some are so corrupt.

4 minutes ago, wakeupplease said:

But as I also stated a friend of ours had this problem,

You really need to start a new thread about your friend , rather than keep posting about him in this thread.

There is no connection between the OP and your friend 

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Just because something happened to your friend, that doesnt mean that it happens to everyone all the time

Those who read the stories on here get for warned as to what might happen to them so can store event in the memory and if it happens to them be ready for it, a little experiance now may save a lot of trouble in the future. Hey you learn by experience. No one said it happens to everyone, but unfortunately it does to some.

Here is a well used saying for you to remember

Forearmed is to be forewarned.

Corruption is nasty, so why put up with it, putting photo's of ex's is about the same, but lets have the facts first.

9 hours ago, AGareth2 said:

sigh

We had a mysterious foreigner calling our office demanding to speak to my business partner. Turned out he was dumped by our office assistant and wanted to slag her off to him to get revenge. We obviously told him to sod off, and that her personal life/behavior had nothing to do with her job and professional life.

Do you deny that there are men who simply can not handle rejection?

15 minutes ago, Sirbergan said:

Of course there's an extremely slim change that happened, but do you really find that likely?

Wait and see time I am afraid, but its been done before in other cases as compensation is a quick way to get cash.

but in truth I doubt we will every hear the full story, a bit like the duty free at the airport which has disappeared off the radar.

1 minute ago, wakeupplease said:

Wait and see time I am afraid, but its been done before in other cases as compensation is a quick way to get cash.

but in truth I doubt we will every hear the full story, a bit like the duty free at the airport which has disappeared off the radar.

There is a slim chance, yes. But the scenario of someone taking revenge by publishing nude pics of his ex, is a lot more likely than the scenario of a scorned GF posting them herself to frame the guy. People normally don't like their nude pics to be posted online, and that goes especially for Thailand as the thais are more avert to this than Europeans, Americans etc.

Still, it could happen. But I certainly know which scenario I find more likely.

1 hour ago, Sirbergan said:

There is a slim chance, yes. But the scenario of someone taking revenge by publishing nude pics of his ex, is a lot more likely than the scenario of a scorned GF posting them herself to frame the guy. People normally don't like their nude pics to be posted online, and that goes especially for Thailand as the thais are more avert to this than Europeans, Americans etc.

Still, it could happen. But I certainly know which scenario I find more likely.

Funny no one mentioned the third possibility: the photos could have been posted by the Thai boyfriend. We all know there is an 80% probability that such TBF existed, whether he did it or not.

2 minutes ago, KiChakayan said:

Funny no one mentioned the third possibility: the photos could have been posted by the Thai boyfriend. We all know there is an 80% probability that such TBF existed, whether he did it or not.

No ones mentioned it because it would be nonsense to do so. 

Archived