Suicide bombers attack two Afghan mosques, at least 72 dead

rooster59

Suicide bombers attack two Afghan mosques, at least 72 dead

By Hamid Shalizi

KABUL (Reuters) - Suicide bombers attacked two mosques in Afghanistan on Friday, killing at least 72 people including children, officials and witnesses said.

One bomber walked into a Shi'ite Muslim mosque in the capital Kabul as people were praying on Friday night and detonated an explosive, one of the worshippers there, Mahmood Shah Husaini, said.

At least 39 people died in the blast at the Imam Zaman mosque in the city's western Dasht-e-Barchi district, interior ministry spokesman Najib Danish said.

No group claimed responsibility. But Shi'ite Muslims have suffered a series of attacks in Afghanistan in recent months, many of them claimed by the Sunni Muslim militants of Islamic State.

Separately, a suicide bombing killed at least 33 people at a mosque in central Ghor province, a police spokesman said.

The attack appeared to target a local leader from the Jamiat political party, according to a statement from Balkh provincial governor Atta Mohammad Noor, a leading figure in Jamiat.

Again, no one immediately claimed responsibility.

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-10-21

20 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

So, it was Sunnis this time.  Are Sunnis more mindlessly wicked than Shi'ites?  I don't know.  Are earthworms slimier than leeches?  One thing's for sure: they're both sects of the same mean-spirited cult called Islam.

And I don't know what cult you are a member of but it's clear that it highly prizes ignorance.

24 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

And I don't know what cult you are a member of but it's clear that it highly prizes ignorance.

Are you addressing me personally?   I believe in science and nature.  If you want to call those cults, that's your choice.   I don't engage in any person worship or icon worship.   Are we clear?

2 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Heartless, but I really don't give a rats bum anymore about Muslims killing other Muslims. 

It's never brilliant to see humans killing other humans!

Edited by Tchooptip

8 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

Are you addressing me personally?   I believe in science and nature.  If you want to call those cults, that's your choice.   I don't engage in any person worship or icon worship.   Are we clear?

Then why did you single out Islam for your criticism? Let me remind you of what you posted:

"So, it was Sunnis this time.  Are Sunnis more mindlessly wicked than Shi'ites?  I don't know.  Are earthworms slimier than leeches?  One thing's for sure: they're both sects of the same mean-spirited cult called Islam."

2 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

Then why did you single out Islam for your criticism? Let me remind you of what you posted:

"So, it was Sunnis this time.  Are Sunnis more mindlessly wicked than Shi'ites?  I don't know.  Are earthworms slimier than leeches?  One thing's for sure: they're both sects of the same mean-spirited cult called Islam."

You have to make yourself clearer.   I singled out Islam (Muslims) because they have a busy history of bombing each other, and others outside their cult.  Does that address your Q ?