Thousands rally for gay marriage before Australian postal vote closes

rooster59

27 minutes ago, notmyself said:

Oh I know where it comes from mate. All the arguments against are entirely religion based as they are for so many other issues such as genital mutilation, honour killing, abortion, evolution, allowing women to vote, interracial marriage, slavery and even climate change denial. 

Indeed.

But religions will accommodate this, as they have the other formerly sacrilegious. Otherwise they risk losing even more followers.

With religions, as it has always been: man proposes and man disposes.

7 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

Indeed.

But religions will accommodate this, as they have the other formerly sacrilegious. Otherwise they risk losing even more followers.

With religions, as it has always been: man proposes and man disposes.

It will but that does not mean I have to sit and listen to BS reasons such as the toaster example. 

13 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Just put the damn thing through and move on Australia ....

so much money spent on sending out vote papers when they could have just put it through and saved millions of dollars.  stupid PM

A 'yes' vote will give the government a mandate so when people bitch, and they will, they don't have a leg to stand on. I agree it's a waste of money but it could well work out cheaper in the long run. Perhaps they should also withdraw church tax exempt status to pay for it?

1 hour ago, notmyself said:

A 'yes' vote will give the government a mandate so when people bitch, and they will, they don't have a leg to stand on. I agree it's a waste of money but it could well work out cheaper in the long run. Perhaps they should also withdraw church tax exempt status to pay for it?

I'm serious. The objections are of a religious ilk so give them the choice.... Equality or tax exempt status (money) .... I wonder which one they would choose. Dirty sinking <various words of choice>

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 7:05 AM, Thechook said:

Yes I do and they deserve to be miserable like heterosexuals but how will we distinguish between gay marriage and normal marriage.  Wi hetro marriages have to find a new name to identify their commitment?  Example, the word gay once belonged to all regardless of sexual preference and meant happy and it now belongs to a group to represent their sexual preference.  The rainbow once belonged to all but is now a symbol of the gay community, this word and symbol identifies who they are.   Heterosexuals will need a word or symbol to identify who they are in a committed relationship.  Are you married, yes oh your heterosexual cut and dried now you will have to dig deeper and ask what type of marriage.  When you meet a new work colleague you may ask are you married and he will say yes and you will say good, bring the missus over on the weekend.  We will have a few beers and the girls can get together.  Oops now you have unintentionally offended him because he has a husband and not a wife.  A name to distinguish between marriages will avoid accidentally offending or humiliating someone.

Nope! I see you are still struggling with this word "Equality" and what it means.

Equality means that you don't distinguish between a gay marriage and what you called a normal marriage. It means they are both equal in ranking and importance, so they are both given the same stature.

There was a time also where mail addressed to you and your wife was to Mr. & Mrs. "Husband's Name Only" Where the Title "Mr." was given to a man who may or may not be married. But the Title of "Miss" was given to an unmarried woman, and "Mrs." to a married woman.

But that has all changed now and especially in Business, where woman also went after "Equality". They now prefer the Title "Ms." So when you met "Mr.Smith" your very first time, you didn't know if he was Married, Divorced, or Gay. So now when you meet "Ms. Smith" the same holds true.  .

Why? Because quite frankly it is none of your business if Ms. Smith is married or not, or even if she is living in a sexual relationship with Ms. Jones.

10 hours ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

Why? Because quite frankly it is none of your business if Ms. Smith is married or not, or even if she is living in a sexual relationship with Ms. Jones.

I would go way further than that and ask on what basis do you think it is your business to know. 

7 hours ago, notmyself said:

I would go way further than that and ask on what basis do you think it is your business to know. 

I think I clearly mentioned that it isn't anyone's business to know.

So I am not sure what you were reading between the lines.

7 hours ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

I think I clearly mentioned that it isn't anyone's business to know.

So I am not sure what you were reading between the lines.

I fully agree with all that you have said but I am willing to push it further to the point where if someone objects to equality then I want to know why, on what basis.

Sometimes I make mistakes and if I have offended then I feel sorrow for doing so.

On ‎27‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 8:56 AM, GOLDBUGGY said:

I would go further and ask what business is it of anybody to request such information. I'm asking why... not what.

24 minutes ago, notmyself said:

I fully agree with all that you have said but I am willing to push it further to the point where if someone objects to equality then I want to know why, on what basis.

Sometimes I make mistakes and if I have offended then I feel sorrow for doing so.

No Offense!

I was just asking for clearity that you provided.

Thanks!

4 minutes ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

No Offense!

I was just asking for clearity that you provided.

Thanks!

My pleasure.It is sometimes a motive thing but not always so a person needs to make a call. I'm in the mood for curried goat but no way am I going to shoot up the cost to buy it so will make it myself. Part of that means I need to buy goat meat which is going to take a while so I'll bugger off to a girlie bar for an hour and someone 100% (million%) will ask my name. I'm not going to question their motives in this case but sometimes it does need to be done.