What is the BEST CAR BATTERY?

Pik

1 minute ago, giddyup said:

To see if that theory actually worked you'd have to have identical batteries in identical cars.

I had 2 identical named batteries in my ride..They lasted exactly 24 months with no heat care. The third L/acid cheapy lasted 40 months with, no not the same brand but a big longevity difference...But in the UK I did similar heat care stuff that worked for me..

2 minutes ago, transam said:

I had 2 identical named batteries in my ride..They lasted exactly 24 months with no heat care. The third L/acid cheapy lasted 40 months with, no not the same brand but a big longevity difference...But in the UK I did similar heat care stuff that worked for me..

Doubt if I would have the patience to raise the hood after every time I went for a run.

All "evidence" presented here is in no way proof. Were the 2 batteries identical ? Or identical brands ?

Was the temperature identical ? Was your driving cycle identical ?

If any answer to any question above was NO, then you 'think' it helped.

Like raising the wipers off the glass - a pair of silicone ones is 200 baht. But ... do what U want. While I do what I want - laugh at people who do 555

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

All "evidence" presented here is in no way proof. Were the 2 batteries identical ? Or identical brands ?

Was the temperature identical ? Was your driving cycle identical ?

If any answer to any question above was NO, then you 'think' it helped.

Like raising the wipers off the glass - a pair of silicone ones is 200 baht. But ... do what U want. While I do what I want - laugh at people who do 555

Your question answers are yes...So you comment when have never experimented...Hmmmmm.

So tell me, did wrapping my headers and starter motor in asbestos (glass) cloth fix a heat  ploblem......?

Plus, you do not know why lifting the wipers off a hot screen works for longevity..You are stuck in your world of huhh...:stoner:

28 minutes ago, transam said:

Plus, you do not know why lifting the wipers off a hot screen works for longevity..

I guess one questions whether it's worth the hassle of lifting your wipers every time you're parked to save 200 baht every couple of years. My wipers are due for replacement now, but they are 3 years old and never been lifted except to clean the windscreen.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I guess one questions whether it's worth the hassle of lifting your wipers every time you're parked to save 200 baht every couple of years. My wipers are due for replacement now, but they are 3 years old and never been lifted except to clean the windscreen.

But I do know why they fail, or annoy making that noise on the downward stroke....Like most stuff, usage, heat exposure does take it's toll...What ever it is..:smile:

2 minutes ago, transam said:

But I do know why they fail, or annoy making that noise on the downward stroke....Like most stuff, usage, heat exposure does take it's toll...What ever it is..:smile:

I find that cleaning the rubbers every now and again (once a year) with some clear alcohol that you can buy from a pharmacy stops deterioration as well. It's a build up of grime that causes squeaking or shuddering.

1 minute ago, giddyup said:

I find that cleaning the rubbers every now and again (once a year) with some clear alcohol that you can buy from a pharmacy stops deterioration as well. It's a build up of grime that causes squeaking or shuddering.

Perhaps, but the main reason is the blade is hardened by the heat and gets a curved set in it that cannot straighten out on the down stroke...You doing your stuff may soften the blade up and it carries on...Experimentation can resolve simple problems...:stoner:

1 minute ago, canthai55 said:

How do you spot a TV poster ?

They are wearing a wifebeater, cargo shorts, and socks in sandals lifting the hood and wiper blades of their car every stop.

Experimenting ? They say pantyhose is very warm and comfortable, but never tried it.

How do you spot an ex..........:whistling:

Oh, just for you...

http://www.upsbatterycenter.com/blog/heat-bad-batteries/

1 hour ago, canthai55 said:

Be sure and change your signal light fluid and your foo-foo valve every year too

Heat very bad ...

I'm sure you are aware of this

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_heat_and_harsh_loading_reduces_battery_life

From my short investigations I noticed that the under hood temp increased after the engine was switched off and remained higher for sometime.

Edited by JAS21
  • Like 1