Phuket car crash brings power pole down in Kathu

rooster59

Phuket car crash brings power pole down in Kathu 

Tanyaluk Sakoot

1508572961_1.jpg

PHUKET: Phuket Provincial Electricity Authority (PPEA) have already fixed the power pole downed by a car in Kathu in the early hours of this morning (Oct 21).

PPEA chief Vichan Praenam confirmed to The Phuket News that the downed pole on Phra Phuket Keaw Rd is fixed and electricity supply is back in all areas of Kathu.

“We have been working to fix this broken pole since morning. We haven't estimated the damage yet as our current priority is to ensure that the line is fixed and safe,” Mr Vichan said.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-car-crash-brings-power-pole-down-in-kathu-64402.php#bL7u41OIPqloicUx.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-10-21

Why is it that so many Thai drivers can't keep on the road. I live on a two-lane dead straight road and in the last two years or so there have been 11 cases of cars/pick-ups/lorries ending up in the roadside ditch or worse. Several have been killed or lost limbs. I lived in the UK, in London, and only saw one or two accidents in my entire 40 years of living there. Now when I go out I play a guessing game of how long it will be before I see an accident.

15 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Why is it that so many Thai drivers can't keep on the road. I live on a two-lane dead straight road and in the last two years or so there have been 11 cases of cars/pick-ups/lorries ending up in the roadside ditch or worse. Several have been killed or lost limbs. I lived in the UK, in London, and only saw one or two accidents in my entire 40 years of living there. Now when I go out I play a guessing game of how long it will be before I see an accident.

Life isn't that easy here while driving a car. The driver stearing the wheel while calling, messaging, eating, shaving and last but not least playing with his balls. 

An acrobat would be envious!

On 10/22/2017 at 11:47 AM, schlog said:

Life isn't that easy here while driving a car. The driver stearing the wheel while calling, messaging, eating, shaving and last but not least playing with his balls. 

An acrobat would be envious!

You forgot picking their nose, completely oblivious to others around them... knuckles deep, only other day in Villa Market a lady on cold meats deli counter was having a good old root, looked me straight in the eye and checked her finger and back in again... needless to say I decided to leave the smoked chicken slices I was gonna buy from there...