PM urges political parties to set their policies in line with NCPO’s National Strategy

rooster59

PM urges political parties to set their policies in line with NCPO’s National Strategy

prayutfriday.jpg

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha called on all political parties to set their policies in line with his government’s 20-year National Strategy.

In his weekly address Friday night (Oct 20), he said he would like to share his idea and that of his government with all parties concerned so that they could cooperate with the government in advancing toward the same direction “that is how to make the people more capable, resilient, self-sufficient and happier, as well as participate more in the policy making and management of the country in a democratic system.”

“We must ask whether we should be a democracy that maintains a Thai uniqueness. We need to think about this. I think it is necessary that we do as we move towards a democracy and we should understand the regulations and laws better. It may be hard today, but it will be better tomorrow,” said the prime minister.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pm-urges-political-parties-set-policies-line-ncpos-national-strategy/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-10-21

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha called on all political parties to set their policies in line with his government’s 20-year National Strategy.

Isn't this the limit? Proof, if it were needed that this deluded man actually thinks he's a God, capable of wielding good karma not merely amongst his establishment cronies, but over all other political parties, too.

"Let's all dance to the same tune and it'll cost less to pay the piper." Oh, yes, Prayuth . . . we're all gonna fall for that one."

The man needs help - counselling and psychiatric - before he makes an even greater fool of himself.

P1 for PM.jpg

10 minutes ago, cmsally said:

A very odd kind of dichotomy, in which theoretically a "Monty Python" style of humour would be at least illegal in official and public spheres.

However it seems to have crept in and taken over the official mouthpiece.

"Ministry of Silly Talks"? 

34 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

we should be a democracy that maintains a Thai uniqueness

33 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

after reading this and getting over the initial nausea, i wondered what it means; just more thai insecurity ?

First and foremost, it must mean Thai stupidity; stupidity to accept, for a fleeting moment, that the junta-emplaced constitutional set-up that will surround the next election and probably others to come, will resemble democracy in the slightest.

I'd love to ask Prayuth, to his face, "What is the 'proper' meaning of the word, 'democracy'." He'd probably lose his temper at being asked such a 'trick' question.

I love when people say a certain country isn’t ready or simply isn’t compatible with democracy. They said the same thing about Eastern Europe and South America. 

We we are all human beings. The only thing that stops people being ready for democracy is the powers that be. Prayut needs to step down posthaste and let the country develop naturally. He needs to sharply walk away. 

Ah so this guy has a constitution that virtually gives him/ military control over everything after an election and now he’s telling political parties what their pre election policies should be! Stand for election if you want to be legitimised!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

52 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

I love when people say a certain country isn’t ready or simply isn’t compatible with democracy. They said the same thing about Eastern Europe and South America. 

We we are all human beings. The only thing that stops people being ready for democracy is the powers that be. Prayut needs to step down posthaste and let the country develop naturally. He needs to sharply walk away

I don't know about 'sharply' . . I'm sure the arrogant, egocentric egg-head, couldn't even be dragged away from the democracy table. He has that PM chair in his sights and, as much as it pains me to say it, even I wouldn't dare stand in his way of getting his fat arse on it. As far as he's concerned, provided the majority of the upper, establishment house of the new parliament has had a 'fair' say, that will be true democracy. I'm gonna send him a political dictionary for Christmas . . . that should give a 1% better chance of him speaking nearer the truth. Sadly, it is bound to be his way or no way; his dummy is now un-spit-outable, you might say, ughh!

my way.png

"The prime minister went on saying that political parties could make modification to the strategy must be in accordance with the laws"

The laws that say you cannot change the strategy?

All this shit will be brushed aside soon, fingers crossed

The 20 year strategy.

This seems to mean that all political parties must continue to allocate an increasing share of the budget to the acquisition of an ever increasing amount of military hardware.

Presumably , at the end of 20 years the country will pick a fight with one of its neighbors and go to war.

1 hour ago, Eric Loh said:

Respect people mandate, stop abusing human rights and no more coups will bring a better and much more prosperous tomorrow

A better tomorrow, maybe, but the only way towards a prosperous Thailand is the 'simple' budgetary one. The money for this, that and the other - apart from that coming from international trade tariffs and taxes and radar-proven speeding fines (:smile:) - will have to come from taxes, both VAT, on all our retail spending, but mostly Income Tax. And, we all know what that means, with an estimated 93% of Thai tax-eligible income earners being firmly loyal to the establishment yellow shirts. How are they going to react when the hammer falls and 'their' new government sets the tax rates that will be necessary to buy those beautiful subs and the rocket-train that will save them half-an-hour on their daily BKK-Korat commute? Boy, the NACC boys will be busy then.

Edited by Ossy
punctuation

24 minutes ago, Dave67 said:

"The prime minister went on saying that political parties could make modification to the strategy must be in accordance with the laws"

The laws that say you cannot change the strategy?

All this shit will be brushed aside soon, fingers crossed

The sooner this twerp - P1, not you, Dave67 - admits himself to hospital, with a bad case of verbal diarrhoea, the better.

Edited by Ossy
omission

2 hours ago, Ossy said:

First and foremost, it must mean Thai stupidity; stupidity to accept, for a fleeting moment, that the junta-emplaced constitutional set-up that will surround the next election and probably others to come, will resemble democracy in the slightest.

I'd love to ask Prayuth, to his face, "What is the 'proper' meaning of the word, 'democracy'." He'd probably lose his temper at being asked such a 'trick' question.

During the "shut down Bangkok" time I asked all my neighbors the same question. I only got one stereotype answer from each of them: Thaksin out! As long as people are intentionally kept uneducated (stupid), the honchos on top can do as they please.

6 minutes ago, Lupatria said:

During the "shut down Bangkok" time I asked all my neighbors the same question. I only got one stereotype answer from each of them: Thaksin out! As long as people are intentionally kept uneducated (stupid), the honchos on top can do as they please.

A big question, crying out for an answer, here, is, into which category did your neighbours fall - affluent Thai, B poor Thai or C farang? For the 'Thaksin out!' shout, I have to assume cat. A and that these tax-payers were getting pissed-off at paying for his exorbitant spending. I'd have said the same. Farangs and poor Thais, on the other hand, must have thought some of the schemes, e.g. Suvarnabhumi and Skytrain, were a godsend, quite literally, perhaps with the exception of the nearly 400 new police stations that were planned to be built at a cost of 17M each . . . Thaksin didn't mess around, but look were it got him, for even this building programme was beset by corruption and mismanagement issues.

The greatest challenge for everyone, now, of course, will be to identify and 'enthrone' a PM of any political colour, who can be seen by everyone - or nearly everyone - to be honest, energetic and passionate about restoring a measure of respectability to Thai politics and its international standing. Who would - or could - be tall and strong enough to head-up a complete top-to-bottom rebuild of the entire Thai government corporate structure? And, don't say the P-duo for Kryst's sake.

Other words guys tow the line or we will take over again I was a having big Thai Joke with the deputy Pm and i said to him I bet you 200 Baht that the elected government lasts only 6 months  He said why? Because if they dont do what i say and i am head of the army i just take over again and be P.M.:sorry:

33 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

No surprise here.

The dupes and fools that whistled and clapped this buffoon and his cronies in deserve everything they get.

We can always bugger off if and when widespread civil conflict breaks out.

:coffee1:

Would the song for farangs be " Leaving on a Jet Plane" be appropriate

4 minutes ago, Happyman58 said:

Other words guys tow the line or we will take over again I was a having big Thai Joke with the deputy Pm and i said to him I bet you 200 Baht that the elected government lasts only 6 months  He said why? Because if they dont do what i say and i am head of the army i just take over again and be P.M.:sorry:

So you should be.

18 minutes ago, Ossy said:

A big question, crying out for an answer, here, is, into which category did your neighbours fall - affluent Thai, B poor Thai or C farang? For the 'Thaksin out!' shout, I have to assume cat. A and that these tax-payers were getting pissed-off at paying for his exorbitant spending. I'd have said the same. Farangs and poor Thais, on the other hand, must have thought some of the schemes, e.g. Suvarnabhumi and Skytrain, were a godsend, quite literally, perhaps with the exception of the nearly 400 new police stations that were planned to be built at a cost of 17M each . . . Thaksin didn't mess around, but look were it got him, for even this building programme was beset by corruption and mismanagement issues.

The greatest challenge for everyone, now, of course, will be to identify and 'enthrone' a PM of any political colour, who can be seen by everyone - or nearly everyone - to be honest, energetic and passionate about restoring a measure of respectability to Thai politics and its international standing. Who would - or could - be tall and strong enough to head-up a complete top-to-bottom rebuild of the entire Thai government corporate structure? And, don't say the P-duo for Kryst's sake.

This would depend upon the political structure taking precedence over the corporate structure. This is becoming a tall order all over the world and even more so in modern Thailand.

Regarding "category A" , there would be categories within that categories. It was mostly middle class/retired and present  govt workers who pushed for the overthrow of Taksin.

8 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Thai uniqueness

Unique would be not having any more coups in Thailand.  Not having military intervention would be unique.  What the general says is again very vague and open to all sorts of interpretations.  Have good laws, due process and mete out justice fairly to show your uniqueness.    The only unique thing about the current government is its love of shortcuts. 

2 hours ago, Ossy said:

A better tomorrow, maybe, but the only way towards a prosperous Thailand is the 'simple' budgetary one.

Emphirical facts that coups put a dent and stagnate economies. Hurt the national economy and all the lost opportunities from diverted FDI. GDP pre coups like the period before 2006 was averaging 5-6% and 4% before this latest coup. Post coups and GDP was negative in the first year and struggled to achieve close to 4% in years there after. Thailand could have been a much wealthier nation with a better standard of living if not for the regular coups staged by the elites and military who refused to share the wealth with the people. 

Nothing will change. The same family sits on the throne and royal generosity continues unabated. The Thai Royal Family gives more money to charitable causes than any other monarchy in the world. No reason why they would not remain very popular. This just shows the brilliance of King Bhumibol. A master gamesman who outsmarted the military at their own game.

6 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Emphirical facts that coups put a dent and stagnate economies. Hurt the national economy and all the lost opportunities from diverted FDI. GDP pre coups like the period before 2006 was averaging 5-6% and 4% before this latest coup. Post coups and GDP was negative in the first year and struggled to achieve close to 4% in years there after. Thailand could have been a much wealthier nation with a better standard of living if not for the regular coups staged by the elites and military who refused to share the wealth with the people. 

They'll learn. After the election, all 'that money' has to come from somewhere. I wonder in which direction the elites will be looking then . . . a classic case of "th'as med tha bed; now tha'll e to sleep in it." (best in a Lancashire accent)