PM urges political parties to set their policies in line with NCPO’s National Strategy

rooster59

9 minutes ago, The manic said:

If coups worked they would not need so many.

I guess you could say every coup is unique, along with the democracy and everything else etc.

This uniqueness thing is getting to be a bit of a regular feature.

25 minutes ago, cmsally said:

I guess you could say every coup is unique, along with the democracy and everything else etc.

This uniqueness thing is getting to be a bit of a regular feature.

Yeh, but it's so . . . so Thaidness enhancing. I can feel my ticker going thumpety-thump at just typing the word.

12 hours ago, The manic said:

If coups worked they would not need so many.

'Thainess' is taking a looong time to work out how to keep the Old Money entrenched, whilst keeping the masses happy. They keep coming up with these daft coup and judicial coup governments 'run' by half-wits and front men as a replacement for the assortment of spivs and used car salesman-types who get into power through elections. At this rate they'll crash and burn. But we live in hope that somebody will come along with the magic touch before then.

20 hours ago, cmsally said:

The label of "Thai style democracy" is so.. 20th century.

Although considering Mugabe has just been appointed a "WHO goodwill ambassador", I don't think I will get my hopes up for any improvement.

Maugabe

was removed as a goodwill ambassador today Sunday by the who who admitted they got it wrong so he lasted a few hours only, doe not get worse than that

Sorry it does

We must ask whether we should be a democracy that maintains a Thai uniqueness

Either be a democracy or as the greens call it by stealth, a communist set up where the so called elite take the cake and eat it.

14 hours ago, Chip Allen said:

Nothing will change. The same family sits on the throne and royal generosity continues unabated. The Thai Royal Family gives more money to charitable causes than any other monarchy in the world. No reason why they would not remain very popular. This just shows the brilliance of King Bhumibol. A master gamesman who outsmarted the military at their own game.

What no understand