webfact

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, halloween said:

How would Thaksin get his amnesty if PTP were in opposition? Whoever gets to lead his party, that will be the priority number one, just ahead of family enrichment.

nah.. number one was the Junta getting THEIR amnesty but likely you 'forgot' about that so I thought I'd jog that convenient memory for you

15 minutes ago, Samui Bodoh said:

No, ideal-driven politics is very possible; it is part of the evolutionary political process.

But, the coups need to stop so that a system can develop. When a party is forced to re-build again and again, it is susceptible to outside cash.

The secret to Thailand's political development is how to stop the coups... 

Any ideas?

HM making it clear they come under the control of an elected government?

2 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

I get tired of posts like this about money and the PT; It just impugns everyone with a wide brush while ignoring the fact that some might actually believe in the party.

So, if you want to talk about money in politics;

Who funds the Democrat party?

I am sure someone will come along and say that the Democrat MPs donate 10% of their salary to the party. That's true. It is also a mere token gesture; a good token gesture in my view, but still a token gesture. That would cover the costs of 1-2 low or mid-level staffers.

Who pays for Dem office space?

Who pays for Dem advertising?

Who pays for Dem travelling expenses?

Who pays for Dem research?

Who pays for Dem rallies?

Who pays for Dem vote-buying (yes, they do it as much as everyone else)?

Who pays for Dem staffers salaries?

( I could go on, but...)

Who funds the Democrat party?

And a bonus question; who funded Suthep and his mob?

If you want to talk about money and politics in Thailand, please answer the above and then we can talk.

Looking forward to hearing from you...

hahahaha, couldnt give an honest answer so you changed the subject typical of you, this was about the ptp, not the dems, but to answer you, they do themselves as they have to put in a percentage of the pay to do so. Suthep was funded by the people, he is just as big a scumbag as thaksin though, you really need to start providing proof instead of just changing the subject, its getting pretty pathetic, to answer your questions if they were about the ptp it would all be thaksin, you and all your other cling ons know it thats why you refuse to answer, we all know the truth of it

Edited by seajae

23 minutes ago, Samui Bodoh said:

No, ideal-driven politics is very possible; it is part of the evolutionary political process.

But, the coups need to stop so that a system can develop. When a party is forced to re-build again and again, it is susceptible to outside cash.

Any ideas?

I used to believe in world peace, too, before I came here. I simply didn't realise the extent to which Thai politics has become rich-list associated. As for 'any ideas', the new constitution must make financial assistance, above a reasonable threshold (as in UK), illegal and put a scam-proof mechanism in place to enforce this. My only 'big idea', therefore, is take the big money out of politics, 'cos politics, if done properly will not need it. Provided each/all political parties have the organisational structure that guarantees that every MP gets the agreed MP's wage and not a penny more, there ought to be a chance for honest politics . . . maybe?

20 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

HM making it clear they come under the control of an elected government?

Future HM influence, twixt army & government control . . . hmm , that's a thinker.

46 minutes ago, Ossy said:

I used to believe in world peace, too, before I came here. I simply didn't realise the extent to which Thai politics has become rich-list associated. As for 'any ideas', the new constitution must make financial assistance, above a reasonable threshold (as in UK), illegal and put a scam-proof mechanism in place to enforce this. My only 'big idea', therefore, is take the big money out of politics, 'cos politics, if done properly will not need it. Provided each/all political parties have the organisational structure that guarantees that every MP gets the agreed MP's wage and not a penny more, there ought to be a chance for honest politics . . . maybe?

It is my view that any country struggling to become democratic goes through stages like we see in Thailand. It starts with the rich sitting in a Parliament of some sorts and acting in their own interests. After a while power begins to disseminate to the membership of the parties and they morph slowly into the more democratic institutions that we see in places today.

You mentioned the UK in your post above; 200 years ago the competition was between one set of rich guys and another set of rich guys. It is better now.

Politics needs to evolve. And powerful people in Thailand don't want that to happen.

But, there is hope. Other countries have managed to (mostly) take money out of politics, Thailand can as well, some day.

And since other countries have shown the way, it will happen much more quickly here.

Edited by Samui Bodoh

3 hours ago, Ossy said:

I'd like to know more about this guy . . . can you oblige? Tried Googling, along quite a few lines  but to no avail.

Yeah, tried to find a link too, but the search on TV does not seem to be working.  He was offered a post with the junta and turned it down, as he said he was busy with some sort of Internet business.  Will try to locate the story.

Found it

!

Edited by yellowboat

9 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

Yeah, tried to find a link too, but the search on TV does not seem to be working.  He was offered a post with the junta and turned it down, as he said he was busy with some sort of Internet business.  Will try to locate the story.

You guys are not working hard enough.:thumbsup:

Image result for Chadchart Sittipunt

Chadchart Sittipunt.image.jpeg.4116031c8d99d0a24fd0a0070b290762.jpeg

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30216839

https://www.techinasia.com/barefoot-thai-politician-nations-meme

The only baggage, political or otherwise, is that bag which is on his shoulder. A popular, decent, low key politician, and even though I am apolitical, it would be nice to see this man move up in whatever party decides to oppose the Democrats..

Chadchart is not stained with the scandal of his predecessor, Transport Minister, Charupong Ruangsuwan.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/huge-haul-illegal-timber-found-resort-charupong-ruangsuwans-son/

19 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

Found it

!

Thanks . . . that's just what I wanted, to help rate the guy. He looks young and lively which has to give him a massive head start.

Edited by Ossy
omission

10 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

You guys are not working hard enough.:thumbsup:

Image result for Chadchart Sittipunt

Chadchart Sittipunt.image.jpeg.4116031c8d99d0a24fd0a0070b290762.jpeg

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30216839

https://www.techinasia.com/barefoot-thai-politician-nations-meme

The only baggage, political or otherwise, is that bag which is on his shoulder. A popular, decent, low key politician, and even though I am apolitical, it would be nice to see this man move up in whatever party decides to oppose the Democrats..

Chadchart is not stained with the scandal of his predecessor, Transport Minister, Charupong Ruangsuwan.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/huge-haul-illegal-timber-found-resort-charupong-ruangsuwans-son/

Thanks, Ratcatcher . . . now I got chapter and verse on this guy. Makes a refreshing change, even tho' he is now ex-rated. A govt filled with these types, literally racing to work each day to see who can outperform the other, would soon get T back on track. Either that or a posse of posters . . . now they just could do a good job . . . or make a big noise, at least

2 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

Any ideas?

Have political parties that aren’t controlled by one man and his money. A man whose sole goal is to be given an amnesty for his crimes.

2 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

Will the next topic be "Dems search for a leader"?  I mean they have never had one yet 

Prawit would be my clear favourite - day-dreaming about those far-off 'Eastern Tigers' days, whilst Chadchart Sillystunt wins the debate - for us country boys - and sells those subs on the internet. There's nothing to politics, if you could only get there.  Oh-oh . . . he's woken up. Look busy, you Dems.

prawit crop.jpg

31 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

Will the next topic be "Dems search for a leader"?  I mean they have never had one yet 

Thats because theyre too democratic. They should change their name to something more nationalistic like Thais love Thais or For the Thais.

10 minutes ago, bannork said:

Thats because theyre too democratic. They should change their name to something more nationalistic like Thais love Thais or For the Thais.

How about Thai Vista - that'd give them transparency . . .

12 minutes ago, bannork said:

I have some new name suggestions too:

"Yellow Fellows",  "Thais for the Elite" or how about  "Dems and Dinosaurs"

To be serious it's a pity they are so obviously a puppet for the Ammart as it leaves PTP with no true opposition and they will win everything as they have done for decades.

17 minutes ago, bannork said:

That’s hilarious. Too democratic. You got to be kidding. Twice boycott election and once have to depend on military strong arms to force a coalition government. Agree that they should change their party name. Anything but Democratic Party. :sleepy: 

4 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

Eh? What a barrel of laughs you must be.

So they tell me, but it's like we've got crossed wires, here:-

You say: "That must be the most dangerous job in Thailand", following a post about searching for a new Dem. party leader; hardly a dangerous job, so I cheekily see an opp. for a witticism and take it:

I say: "What . . . typing?" And the house falls about, laughing . . . well, normally.

Tip It comes across better in a broad Brummy accent

20 minutes ago, Ossy said:

So they tell me, but it's like we've got crossed wires, here:-

You say: "That must be the most dangerous job in Thailand", following a post about searching for a new Dem. party leader; hardly a dangerous job, so I cheekily see an opp. for a witticism and take it:

I say: "What . . . typing?" And the house falls about, laughing . . . well, normally.

Tip It comes across better in a broad Brummy accent

Ahhh therein lies the misunderstanding. The title of this thread is Pheu Thai looking for a new leader. Indeed a dangerous job considering most of its former leaders are banished to the four corners of the earth. 

2 hours ago, Ossy said:

Thanks . . . that's just what I wanted, to help rate the guy. He looks young and lively which has to give him a massive head start.

https://www.oxfordbusinessgroup.com/interview/building-ground-obg-talks-chadchart-sittipunt-minister-transport

A look into his vision for future of transportation. Think it is in 2012 when he was given the Transport post in Yingluck’s 3rd cabinet. Junta incorporated much of his vision in their current plan. 

30 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

Ahhh therein lies the misunderstanding. The title of this thread is Pheu Thai looking for a new leader. Indeed a dangerous job considering most of its former leaders are banished to the four corners of the earth. 

It's all about the sequence of posts and the risk of, in your case, no.52 being assumed by me to be responding to no.51 when, in fact, it was responding to the OP. Cheers

7 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

https://www.oxfordbusinessgroup.com/interview/building-ground-obg-talks-chadchart-sittipunt-minister-transport

A look into his vision for future of transportation. Think it is in 2012 when he was given the Transport post in Yingluck’s 3rd cabinet. Junta incorporated much of his vision in their current plan. 

Thanks, EL. What a great piece and doesn't this guy stand out from the sort of minister we've seen for the past few years in the present cabinet? What would it take to tempt his class back into politics?

And what a great resource TVF can be, when a member asks for a hand.