Murder monk on the the run arrested on arrival in Pattaya

webfact

Murder monk on the the run arrested on arrival in Pattaya

1pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Pattaya police yesterday arrested a fleeing Udon abbot who axed a drinking buddy to death and encased him in a temple wall.

"Phra Songkran" was arrested as he got off a bus at the resort with his sidekick "Novice Kong".

He has already admitted murder at the temple of Wat Sri Bun Reuang in Udon Thani on Friday.

The abbot axed a man to death with blows to the head then got cement to bury him in the walls of the wat.

Udon police chief Pheerapong Wongsaman suspected the monk would go to Pattaya to hide with relatives so he contacted Pattaya chief Apichai Krobpetch whose men did the rest.

Phra Songkran will now be heading back to Udon to face the murder charge.

Sanook reported that Kong helped him in his less than holy endeavors.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-10-24

Well first at all it was not in the wall, but on the ground. He killed him because the guy ask for payment for a fighting chicken. He got angry and attack him. Even the 3 kids was there was hitting him. Then the monk killed him. The 11 year old is free, but the 2 other kids are going to jail. Right now I think there is about 100 police, because he has to show the Bangkok and local police how he did it.

not long after I came to LoS for the first time, a young lady I met told me her Dad had given up being an aircraft engineer at Udon Airport to become a Monk......because there was more money in being a Monk........and since then nothing reported in the press about their gambling, raping, murdering, drinking and drug taking "habits" surprises me. Is there still a phone number you call to report monks who are not doing the holy stuff they are supposed to do...? I don't recall a number being set up for reporting Seventh day adventists or Mormons.

16 hours ago, Just Weird said:

He wasn't 'free' to do anything, he did a runner.

'He has already admitted murder at the temple of Wat Sri Bun Reuang in Udon Thani on Friday.'

To whom did he admit to the murder? Police? Fellow monks?

22 hours ago, mikebell said:

Yet he was free to board a bus to Pattaya.  Why don't Thai police learn from their mistakes?

I don't think he admitted to the murder on Friday, the murder was on Friday. he admitted to the murder after capture in Pattaya. This is not a matter of admitting to murder then being bailed and trying to flee.

23 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

I thought alcohol was a no no for Buddhist monks, so how could an abbot have a drinking buddy?

Yeah, and they were supposed to clean up the monkhood,  as advertised by the PM, not too ling ago. Wonder what happened to that bright idea...

Edited by LazySlipper