Passport size photo taking facility at Chaeng wattana?

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, fondue zoo said:

I know this is an old thread, but can anyone confirm that there are still shops that can do passport photos at Chaengwattana Immigration?

Also, any information as to processing time and or cost?

Yes I was there last week. Quick and cheap.

4 hours ago, fondue zoo said:

I know this is an old thread, but can anyone confirm that there are still shops that can do passport photos at Chaengwattana Immigration?

Also, any information as to processing time and or cost?

100thb for 4 pictures, processing time is near instantly 

• 2 years later...
4 minutes ago, Why Me said:

Two years later same question re getting PP photos at CW. Reason a couple of photo shops on Sukumvit have shuttered recently so wondering what the situation is at CW in these times.

Still shops on the ground floor - open at 7:30am

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

They were not that easy to find last year when I first had to use (copy service) - but there were several at the North-West end of ground floor about 100 meters after you pass Bangkok Bank.  They were outside stalls that I found.

This is a bit of an anorak thing, but the Immigration photo size (4cm x 6 cm) is not the same as the current Thai passport size, which is smaller. I only realised this a few days ago when I needed to produce a new photo for my annual extension application. The passport photo app I downloaded from the Microsoft Store showed for Thailand only the smaller size, so I had to scroll through other countries to find the 4 x 6 size, which came up under Greece. That worked ok.

So if you're applying to Immigration, you don't want Thai passport photos, you want the ones for Immigration.

Incidentally, I used my last sheet of 4" x 6" photo paper (which gave me 3 images so will last for a while) Has anyone got away with their photo printed on plain paper?

8 minutes ago, Eff1n2ret said:

This is a bit of an anorak thing, but the Immigration photo size (4cm x 6 cm) is not the same as the current Thai passport size, which is smaller.

Not sure what you're comparing here. People who apply for a Thai passport don't need to provide any passport photos; their (digital) photo is taken by an official when they apply. Same with applying for a Thai ID card or driving license. So there is no "current Thai passport size".