Michael Bloomberg: Brexit is stupidest thing any country has done besides Trump

webfact

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

Farage LIVED in Brussels (mostly outside the European parliament) - and by the way, Brussels is 90% french speaking and there is a standard Flemish language on top of the dialects.

Farage just couldn't be bottered to learn the language of the culture that he lived in - while bashing (rightfully) muslims that act the same in the UK.

Not really sure why you've turned this into a Farage debate.  But now you have, what makes you think Farage lived in Brussels for 'so many years'? He had to go there for work, and to Strasbourg (when they have their multi-million pound jolly every month). 

Not quite the same as a migrant.

25 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

Farage LIVED in Brussels (mostly outside the European parliament) - and by the way, Brussels is 90% french speaking and there is a standard Flemish language on top of the dialects.

Farage just couldn't be bothered to learn the language of the culture that he lived in - while bashing (rightfully) muslims that act the same in the UK.

Can you speak fluent Thai?

On 25/10/2560 at 11:19 AM, webfact said:

Bloomberg argued that “it is really hard to understand why a country that was doing so well wanted to ruin it” with the Brexit vote, in a series of outspoken remarks made at a technology conference in Boston a fortnight ago.

He is part of the problem that the people voted to get out for. A federal Europe run by big business would go down well with him and his pals. The average guy/lady in England felt this was their chance to have a say. And so it was. House of Lords next in line to go.

Europe has more problems than can be seen on the surface or reported by a biased media.

As for Trump. He hasn't put much of a foot wrong yet!

8 hours ago, chrissables said:

Right way or not, the EU must have known that if he failed he had promised a referendum. That shows the arrogance of the EU in my opinion.

When was the last time the UK did manage to negotiate concessions?  Since Thatcher got the rebate agreed?

Significant changes in what way? Due to the Britexit vote?

Macron, German elections, Austrian elections, Poland, Hungary, Czech

Shall I go on? I believe free movement will be negotiable

6 hours ago, Janner1 said:

It is with great sadness I note that a great many in here have fallen into the trap of believing the rhetoric espoused by the remainers.

So please allow me to point out to you all that the reason prices are rising in the UK is simply because the supermarkets who control food and the majority of other commodity prices are doing all they can to protect their profits, so they are forcing up prices quite unnecessarily, afterall we have not left the EU yet so the costs of these commodities are no different to before and therefore can not be justified.

May I also ask another question, Do any of you really believe that after we leave, Germany will stop Mercedes, BMW. volkswagon to mention but a few manufacturers who have a very large market in the UK from exporting those vehicles to the Uk ?

I think not but if you really believe they will then I most sincerely hope the the herd of elephants flying around your heads have not been fed a large quantity of prunes .

Just try to remember that the very moment the yes vote was announced and long before ( in financial terms) carnage was waged on the Pound by the bank of England as punishment, the world including Thailand were crashing through the door to do business deals with the UK because suddenly the shackles imposed by Germany and the French we're gone and deals could be done in a professional business way without having to pay the extortion rates imposed by those two countries upon any and all business prior to us leaving.

I make no apology if I have hurt your feelings, however I do suggest that if you continue to believe the rhetoric you all keep a very close eye on the sky above you for that herd of elephants

Facile. I don't think you understand

Of course I will still buy Porsches. What about UK "manufactured" cars. Do you understand supply chains?

4 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Macron, German elections, Austrian elections, Poland, Hungary, Czech

Shall I go on? I believe free movement will be negotiable

I was referring to with the UK, had they done so the referendum may have not been called.

If free movement is allowed, it would be a betrayal of those who won the referendum based on control of that among other things. 

Full accountability is in Westminster and has always been there. EU is just the scapegoat.

EU scapegoat, would that be a remainer viewpoint of evidence supplied?

I don’t believe this so called ‘hard’ Brexit will occur which primarily hard line remainers are focusing on, common sense will eventually prevail as many MS’s will ensure they’re local economies have minimal affect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

29 minutes ago, citybiker said:

EU scapegoat, would that be a remainer viewpoint of evidence supplied?

I don’t believe this so called ‘hard’ Brexit will occur which primarily hard line remainers are focusing on, common sense will eventually prevail as many MS’s will ensure they’re local economies have minimal affect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No remainer at all, just somebody looking at facts in stead of emotions.

1 hour ago, KiChakayan said:

I guess you'll still say this after he'll have started World War III

If he starts WW3 I'll consider my opinion on him. Could well change it in that case.

Trump was voted in as President in the US. It was clear that the people did not want Hillary C. Bernie S would have been a fine president but big business didn't want him in the White House. I'm just a voyeur on American polotics but I do have an opinion.

In or out of EU: an interesting and complex topic, with plenty of different views possible.

But why does this subject always get hijacked by flag waving, anthem singing, patriotic nationalists / regionalists that seem to still live in the 19th century? 

1 hour ago, chrissables said:

I was referring to with the UK, had they done so the referendum may have not been called.

If free movement is allowed, it would be a betrayal of those who won the referendum based on control of that among other things. 

How would that be a betrayal? Please ask a Brexiter if you know one!

7 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

In or out of EU: an interesting and complex topic, with plenty of different views possible.

But why does this subject always get hijacked by flag waving, anthem singing, patriotic nationalists / regionalists that seem to still live in the 19th century? 

I get more and more the impression that many brexiteers want to go back to the era when Britain was THE worldpower. Hence the flag waving and nationalism. Unfortunate, because that era is not coming back.

1 hour ago, oldhippy said:

You only see it as hijacking by flag waving nationalists because you have the opposite view.  Brexiters see these forums hijacked by doom mongers, globalists, and those who want to see the UK suffer as a result of the referendum vote.

I try my best to be objective on this topic, but it's a very emotive one!

2 hours ago, stevenl said:

I get more and more the impression that many brexiteers want to go back to the era when Britain was THE worldpower. Hence the flag waving and nationalism. Unfortunate, because that era is not coming back.

If you're not a Remainer you're doing a great job of pretending you are :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, CG1 Blue said:

You only see it as hijacking by flag waving nationalists because you have the opposite view.  Brexiters see these forums hijacked by doom mongers, globalists, and those who want to see the UK suffer as a result of the referendum vote.

I try my best to be objective on this topic, but it's a very emotive one!

QUOTE: You only see it as hijacking by flag waving nationalists because you have the opposite view.

If you mean "the opposite view to flag waving patriots" I agree with what you say about me.

I despise that kind of people. They have caused enough wars, it is time to stop their madness. Whatever race, country, region or continent they are from.

But if you are talking about how to find a good balance between globalisation and preserving cultural identity, I am open to all opinions, as I have not yet come to conclusions for myself.

"Michael Bloomberg: Brexit is stupidest thing any country has done besides Trump".

I'll take Trump's Stupid Economy that has netted my IRA a 75% upside. You do the math. Under Obama the market was flat-lined for eight years. And it ain't, now, Obama's Economy, market wagers would forward on future optimism or pessimism.

38 minutes ago, Kim1950 said:

"Michael Bloomberg: Brexit is stupidest thing any country has done besides Trump".

I'll take Trump's Stupid Economy that has netted my IRA a 75% upside. You do the math. Under Obama the market was flat-lined for eight years. And it ain't, now, Obama's Economy, market wagers would forward on future optimism or pessimism.

DId everybody do as good as you?

Did you get investment advise from Thai monks?

Or were you just lucky? (good for you of course)

1 hour ago, CG1 Blue said:

If you're not a Remainer you're doing a great job of pretending you are :thumbsup:

100% correct.Him and his "facts"have never ever brought a remoaner to task over anything they have said.Always snidy little remarks against leave voters.

4 hours ago, oldhippy said:

Only in your mind.Haven`t seen any of that,fairly honest debate by both sides IMO.

1 minute ago, dundee48 said:

Only in your mind.Haven`t seen any of that,fairly honest debate by both sides IMO.

Nobody mentioned the Germans.

Nobody mentioned the Oxford dictionary to attack Bloomy.

Nobody mentioned the brave lads fighting the Argies, euh sorry, the argies.

Sure.

Archived