Michael Bloomberg: Brexit is stupidest thing any country has done besides Trump

webfact

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

I said, "This could suggest that if you were old, uneducated, and poor, you would be more likely to vote leave, but that is reading far to much into it". I understand that interpreting statistical data accurately is very difficult, ask particle physicists, or sociologists. Two things appear to me from the large number of posts on this whole topic. Education and intelligence  whilst broadly correlated are obviously not the same thing. Some members humour circuits appear to be damaged, as the whole "Don't give pensioners the vote" article I posted has been taken seriously, though it is clearly tongue in cheek. There is a valid point there of course, but the purpose of humour - very often - is to lighten the message.  

And remainers never 'like' any of the pro-brexit humour and cartoons posted. So your point is?

1 hour ago, Nigel Garvie said:

Some members humour circuits appear to be damaged, as the whole "Don't give pensioners the vote" article I posted has been taken seriously, though it is clearly tongue in cheek. There is a valid point there of course, but the purpose of humour - very often - is to lighten the message.  

You've heard of the old saying, "many a true word spoken in jest"? I suspect it's more likely you hide behind humour to get your point across.  A kind of Stealth bomber of the debating chamber.

Nothing wrong with that, but you shouldn't take it to heart when people with an opposing view react negatively.

Quote from Thai Visa Forum rules:

Rule 7.985.866, subrule 6.769, as amended by M.O.D. decree 477/698:

In exceptional circumstances, humour can be allowed. However it is frowned upon, as the vast majority of posters is not familiar with it.

Amendment 10.967.843 adds: Sarcasm? don't even think about it! You will find yourself "on holiday" before reaching the second a.

On 25/10/2017 at 1:26 PM, Grouse said:

5th biggest economy in Europe and 2nd biggest in the EU

And you blame the EU!

Most EU countries have far better social security, pensions, infrastructure, hospitals and schools

And you blame the EU

Time to wake up, get off the fence and do the right thing. Drop Brexit, Drop the Con Party and fix EU problems as a strong member.

I think you hit the nail on the head with the economy.  This also means that they will have a bigger share of bailout for other eu countries.

11 minutes ago, USPatriot said:

It has been cheap money for a long long time

Highest Stock Market EVER, best economic numbers in years, unemployment lowest in 17 years, wages raising.

as a holdover from the work of his predecessor, former President Barack Obama

Facts in context :

"Barack Obama and George H.W. Bush oversaw greater stock market expansion during their first six months in office, as judged by percentage growth of the S&P 500.

Context: Obama took office in the midst of an economic recession, so much of his S&P 500 increase was a rebound from the depths. Trump, on the other hand, inherited an already-growing market that has accelerated since his inauguration."

Obama  +22.6%

Bush + 20.7%

Trump +8.8% 

https://www.axios.com/trump-stock-market-performance-eclipsed-by-obama-and-bush-2468040330.html

2017-08-01-president-sp500-desktop.png

2 minutes ago, Opl said:

Facts in context :

"Barack Obama and George H.W. Bush oversaw greater stock market expansion during their first six months in office, as judged by percentage growth of the S&P 500.

Context: Obama took office in the midst of an economic recession, so much of his S&P 500 increase was a rebound from the depths. Trump, on the other hand, inherited an already-growing market that has accelerated since his inauguration."

https://www.axios.com/trump-stock-market-performance-eclipsed-by-obama-and-bush-2468040330.html

Please this is a joke right. It's w liberal website set up by former politico employees.

It is the highest stock market ever so go check the stock market yourself.

4 minutes ago, USPatriot said:

Please this is a joke right. It's w liberal website set up by former politico employees.

It is the highest stock market ever so go check the stock market yourself.

Exactly which numbers are fake?

Your source?

Thank you.

5 minutes ago, Opl said:

Facts in context :

Plus...as per usual with many claims by Trump are false, what are the numbers? something like 1,200 proven lies by Trump since coming to power. As we know Brexit campaign was primarily based on falsehoods, no wonder why Trump expressed support and apparently likes Farage.

Unemployment lowest in 17 years: False

http://fortune.com/2017/07/31/donald-trump-twitter-stocks-jobs/

Plus...as per usual with many claims by Trump are false, what are the numbers? something like 1,200 proven lies by Trump since coming to power. As we know Brexit campaign was primarily based on falsehoods, no wonder why Trump expressed support and apparently likes Farage.

Unemployment lowest in 17 years: False

http://fortune.com/2017/07/31/donald-trump-twitter-stocks-jobs/

Would that be mutual Brexit falsehoods as both sides were equally to blame.

At least the UK unemployment is the lowest for 40 years, which isn't false.

Anyway, moving on positively.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, CG1 Blue said:

You've heard of the old saying, "many a true word spoken in jest"? I suspect it's more likely you hide behind humour to get your point across.  A kind of Stealth bomber of the debating chamber.

Nothing wrong with that, but you shouldn't take it to heart when people with an opposing view react negatively.

I do like the stealth bomber bit! Thank you, but I didn't take it to heart, I'm thick skinned. I do however appreciate it when people take the trouble to read what I post and understand it, rather than reacting to something that I haven't actually said, though I don't think you are one of these. 

4 minutes ago, Nigel Garvie said:

I do like the stealth bomber bit! Thank you, but I didn't take it to heart, I'm thick skinned. I do however appreciate it when people take the trouble to read what I post and understand it, rather than reacting to something that I haven't actually said, though I don't think you are one of these. 

You do seem like a reasonable man,unlike so many of the bitter remoaners.

1 minute ago, dundee48 said:

Yet  you did with your "victimised" comment.

You really don`t do humour or irony well do you?

And please explain the "self loathing" comment.

Only a self loather,argie or jeremy corbyn supporter would refer to the Falkland Islands as "Malvinas".Possibly a few others of the sean penn ilk.

I won't even ask about snowflakes.

Only a snowflake would say that.

Come on, put some effort into it, this reply is so weak.

Any clues about my nationality yet? And please do not insult me by suggesting again that I might be an American.  And corbyn, what or who is that?

3 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

Come on, put some effort into it, this reply is so weak.

Any clues about my nationality yet? And please do not insult me by suggesting again that I might be an American.  And corbyn, what or who is that?

And corbyn, what or who is that?
Your snowflake leader of course.

6 hours ago, Opl said:

Facts in context :

Obama  +22.6%

Bush + 20.7%

Trump +8.8% 

This is faux facts. It took eight years for Obama to increase markets by 22%, according to your numbers, and for Trump to increase markets in less than a year by 9%. Besides, the market was flat for the four years prior to Trump. You are not an investor or a good statistician. For sure, both politicians in different situations. Though Trumps raw performance is better than Obama's. For now, we will see. You have presented a misleading interpretation of facts. Stay tuned.

Again, markets are not driven by the past. So, even using your Axios graphs, they only help Trump. Try the macro trends site. Do your own thinking. 

11 hours ago, oldhippy said:

The Russians are missing in the chart.

Surely Putin was overjoyed with Brexit?

I guess hoodwinked is correct?

Thankfully the Kenyans were a step above us Brits, having overturned the results of their recent presidential election because of the corrupt practices of Cambridge Analytica - a private organisation with clear links to multi-millionaires intent of disrupting democracy through the dissemination of lies. And yet we continue to hear Brexiters complaining about the EU establishment!

14 hours ago, Grouse said:

Splendid! Literally vocabulary!

You As well as all the other readers know that it should have read as " literal " but the power of presumptive text supersedes that of the intended. 

You have the correct username but may one suggest that should you at any time wish to change it, you go for

" nitpicker "

17 hours ago, Janner1 said:

It never ceases to amaze me many people comment on articles they have consummately failed to read correctly.

Obviously the strongest word in your literally vocabulary is facile, however your understanding of that word is entirely on a parr with your understanding of the words in the article.

Exactly the level of intelligence it took to be a remainer.

My guess is you had to look up facile - most who do fail to get the usage correctly - those who don't use it in the right way.

2 hours ago, Janner1 said:

You As well as all the other readers know that it should have read as " literal " but the power of presumptive text supersedes that of the intended. 

You have the correct username but may one suggest that should you at any time wish to change it, you go for

" nitpicker "

Surely you meant literary vocabulary?

23 hours ago, Khun Han said:

Your friends in pharmacology will be well aware of the effects of free movement on their industry, with pharmacists coming over from the poorer member states to work for about half the going salary rate particularly in the retail trade. Remember, folks, I'm not talking about Polish site labourers/fruit pickers doing jobs that no-one else wants to do.

Yes your right and the same with Dentists. I have two friends who work in the NHS and they voted leave. There reasons was overcrowding and poor medical professionals from EU member states amongst other things.

Some posters here try and stigmatise and catergorise people into who and why they voted leave. I don't as everyone is entitled to their view without retribution for being margenalised into a specific sub group. Whether you went to university or work in a factory everyone has a right to their opinion. It doesn't (shouldn't) matter if you have  a  university degree, a GCSE or can't read or write on how you voted. The important thing is you did.

Yes your right and the same with Dentists. I have two friends who work in the NHS and they voted leave. There reasons was overcrowding and poor medical professionals from EU member states amongst other things.   Some posters here try and stigmatise and catergorise people into who and why they voted leave. I don't as everyone is entitled to their view without retribution for being margenalised into a specific sub group. Whether you went to university or work in a factory everyone has a right to their opinion. It doesn't (shouldn't) matter if you have  a  university degree, a GCSE or can't read or write on how you voted. The important thing is you did.

All anecdotal stuff. Bigger population and more money in the economy means more opportunities for dentists in general. Poor dentists don't think so. It fun y how they pick out 'poor' medical professionals from the EU, why would British dentists be better pray tell us?

What happens if EU dentists and medical professionals don't want to work in the NHS anymore....Much worse problems...Guaranteed.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Archived