Are you a door slammer ?

jippytum

On 10/26/2017 at 7:50 AM, JohnOFphon said:

I live in a condo near the Chinese Embassy. I am the only non Chinese living on my floor. 10 rooms.

One family in particular slams the door...hard....10 to 15 times a day. Heavy door that makes as much noise as a canon.

I complained to the jurist once.... The next day, the door slammed 20 consecutive times at 6:30 am.

I guess they showed me who's boss.

I might go to Home Pro and get some industrial strength door chalking and glue there door shut from the outside.

No cameras around, so....prove it <deleted>

Your experience recalls a story of my father's. When he and my mother came back to the US after WWII they rented an apartment in Boston.
The upstairs neighbor was Al Capp of Lil' Abner fame,who due to a childhood accident had an artificial leg. Capp would sometimes pace about at odd hours, probably due to an impending deadline.
Thump,thump,thump. Finally one night pop responded with a broom stick to the ceiling.
Who knew that a one legged man could tap dance? :sleepy:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, connda said:

By golly, they do.  All they have to do is choose to install them.

chiudiporta-550x300.jpg.64ab03efccdcdd1acdf7e1d0b78ad0f6.jpg

They had these in a building I lived in in Seoul. The Koreans could still slam their doors. Matter of fact, because the had to wait that extra two seconds for it to close, they were always pulling or pushing it closed hard.