The loungers have landed

champers

14 hours ago, champers said:

The new additions to the beach are being delivered today: new loungers and brollies....beg your pardon.....parasols.

I have photos, but cannot upload.

You mean umbrellas? LOL

Would love to see the pics when you have time!

6 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

An ‘umbrella’ is portable.
Are you going to walk away with these? LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not according to many.  Google "beach umbrella".  They don't look portable to me. LOL

http://www.businessinsider.com/best-beach-umbrella/#the-best-beach-umbrella-overall-1

the-best-beach-umbrella-overall.jpg

Be good if someone could upload these pictures or similar. Assumption being the mother of all cock ups but assume they are replacing the deckchairs throughout ??  100 Baht probably up from 40/50 but fair enough

Edited by Chivas

1 hour ago, Chivas said:

Be good if someone could upload these pictures or similar. Assumption being the mother of all cock ups but assume they are replacing the deckchairs throughout ??  100 Baht probably up from 40/50 but fair enough

I have just tried again but keep getting an error message. I took a look in the Tech Support forum and this seems to be an ongoing and; as yet; unresolved issue. The Photography Forum members are well cheesed off.

4 hours ago, champers said:

I have just tried again but keep getting an error message. I took a look in the Tech Support forum and this seems to be an ongoing and; as yet; unresolved issue. The Photography Forum members are well cheesed off.

Yep, I was having an issue logging in with my email addy as requested and finally resolved it by using my user name contrary to the email addy request and it worked.  Got a reply later after lodging a complaint saying I should update the app, no need as it was already.  Now pics can't be uploaded, shame.

I like being able to sit up...The old chairs were perfect for me...

They have a big surprise coming if they think a Thai family is going to shell out 100 baht each to sit in these...

Pattaya beach is crap,its fine for a hour or two at 30-40 baht a chair not 100 baht a chair...

3 minutes ago, steelepulse said:

I wonder how much if anything beach chair vendors had to pay for the loungers with Chang advertising on them?

Waiting for the mattress pads to be screen printed with a Leo logo, just to throw some gas on the fire...

9 minutes ago, Pinot said:

Far fewer chairs on Phuket this season as the colorful inflatable bags (canoodles?) have taken over at 300 baht each.  

Is that a rental price?  I remember when they used to sell for $100 in Europe, but now they can be bought online for around $10-20.

2 minutes ago, impulse said:

Is that a rental price?  I remember when they used to sell for $100 in Europe, but now they can be bought online for around $10-20.

Exactly. They cost $13 on AliExpress and take about 5 seconds to fill up. Anyone paying the equivalent of one day's wages for renting one is pretty clueless IMO. 

11 minutes ago, wump said:

Exactly. They cost $13 on AliExpress and take about 5 seconds to fill up. Anyone paying the equivalent of one day's wages for renting one is pretty clueless IMO. 

I get where you're coming from, but buying one for $13 requires some knowledge and advance planning that's not a strong point for holiday makers on a lark.  And there are huge variations in size and build quality among the different vendors. (I saw that at the Canton trade fair last week).

$8 seems a pretty reasonable fee to not have to haul one around, clean it and pack it (wet and sandy) back into my luggage.  Maybe not for a resident who's got a place to keep it and a tight budget, but certainly for a tourist who's spending (all in) $500-1000 a day, and is going to hop on a plane tomorrow.

15 hours ago, fforest1 said:

I like being able to sit up...The old chairs were perfect for me...

They have a big surprise coming if they think a Thai family is going to shell out 100 baht each to sit in these...

Pattaya beach is crap,its fine for a hour or two at 30-40 baht a chair not 100 baht a chair...

You couldn't get me to rent one if it was a free trial offer.  We went down to Pattaya beach a week ago.  In the morning before any lounge chairs were put out, we saw a Thai man walk across the road, sprayed a leak pattern all over a stack of lounge chairs, zip up, and walk back across the road to his hangout.

4 hours ago, steelepulse said:

I wonder how much if anything beach chair vendors had to pay for the loungers with Chang advertising on them?

Just shy of 10K Baht per plot for the loungers. They had to be bought from Pattaya City Council. I bet that surprised you.

7 hours ago, timkeen08 said:

You couldn't get me to rent one if it was a free trial offer.  We went down to Pattaya beach a week ago.  In the morning before any lounge chairs were put out, we saw a Thai man walk across the road, sprayed a leak pattern all over a stack of lounge chairs, zip up, and walk back across the road to his hangout.

You do understand what a boatload of people have already done on the hotel bed you sleep on or in the toilets you use when you travel and for which you pay a bundle ??  Convince yourself that all that went before you has been removed with rigorous cleaning. Ha, ha.

And those people you see standing still in the hotel swimming pool with a blissful look on their faces while you impress your friends with your new Speedo, what do you suppose they're up to?

somewlhere there's a Thai man telling his friends about the farang who couldn't stop watching him cross the street and then who was spellbound watching while he relieved himself.

Edited by Suradit69

24 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

You do understand what a boatload of people have already done on the hotel bed you sleep on or in the toilets you use when you travel and for which you pay a bundle ??  Convince yourself that all that went before you has been removed with rigorous cleaning. Ha, ha.

And those people you see standing still in the hotel swimming pool with a blissful look on their faces while you impress your friends with your new Speedo, what do you suppose they're up to?

somewlhere there's a Thai man telling his friends about the farang who couldn't stop watching him cross the street and then who was spellbound watching while he relieved himself.

Just take a blue light to the covers on one of those hotel beds sometime, or don't if you're queasy.  Hardly any of the hotels clean the top covers.  One of my first actions when entering a room is to carefully, usually with two fingers, remove the top cover and pitch it on the floor or corner.  That and don't walk barefoot except on bath towels etc., wear socks or something to protect yourself.

23 hours ago, impulse said:

I get where you're coming from, but buying one for $13 requires some knowledge and advance planning that's not a strong point for holiday makers on a lark. 

So you don't think 300 Baht is taking the piss? You could nearly BUY one of these for the same amount. 

I always thought 30-50 Baht is okay for a chair (as is in 99% of Thai beaches)... Okay, so this is Phuket, let's fork out 100 Baht and deal with it.

But IMO 300 Baht cannot be justified in ANY way.

Edited by wump