How to live for 4000 baht a month. Not inc rents.

dfdgfdfdgs

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Naam said:

i never understood why grown up men waste hours trying to kick little balls in holes dug in a lawn and even pay money for it. but then... it's not mandatory that i understand every silly pastime.

rabugento1.gif

If you saw the pay packets of guys who make it to the top in golf, perhaps your silly opinion would change.

BTW, kicking a ball in golf is cheating.

7 hours ago, bazza73 said:

Perhaps he could do a Jack Reacher and simply buy new clothes every four days.

My GF loves trawling through the secondhand clothing stores. I was astonished when she found me a long sleeve golf shirt in near-new condition for 80 baht. I'd be paying about 2000 baht for it in Australia.

The Scarecrow Look very fashionable on Beach Road.

37 minutes ago, balo said:

Please get back to topic , discussing golf in a thread about how to live on 4000 baht is an insult to us Cheap Charlies. 

I know a couple of Cheap Charlies who pursue the lowest green fees obsessively.

I gave up living frugally when I divorced my last wife, strangely all of a sudden I had money left in the bank at the end of the month and could afford to eat both at home and out, I could afford to go out and have a drink, pay the mortgage, utility bills and eventually got out of debt, cleared my overdraft and had 2 holidays a year here in sunny Thailand.

I currently live on 2 pensions and some investments and savings, with my state pension due next year , there is noooo way on God's Green earth I would want to live  or even attempt to live on 4 k TBht . Good luck to the OP but rather you than me.

3 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

I currently live on 2 pensions and some investments and savings, with my state pension due next year , there is noooo way on God's Green earth I would want to live  or even attempt to live on 4 k TBht . Good luck to the OP but rather you than me.

I can remember one broke American here who was living on 1000 baht a week. He claimed he licked ants off the floor for his protein. Lives better now he has his US pension.

2 hours ago, bazza73 said:

If you saw the pay packets of guys who make it to the top in golf, perhaps your silly opinion would change.

BTW, kicking a ball in golf is cheating.

how much are they paying you to "play" golf?

3 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Golf is not cheap here.  It just adds up with the green fee, caddy fee, transport fee, lunch.

If one is golfing lets say 3 times a week and meeting ladies also, it can easily run 10,000 b a week.

meeting ladies? that means not only balls in a little hole.

11 hours ago, Naam said:

how much are they paying you to "play" golf?

I understand you're German. Suggest you ask Bernhard Langer and Martin Kaymer that question.

I did earn some money working in a golf shop back in 2010 - forget how much.

It's fairly obvious explaining the benefits of a lifetime in golf - over 60 years now - would be like trying to explain colors to a blind man. So I'll just leave you mired in your ignorance.

Edited by bazza73
Tcherman

Water from tap 50 baht a month.

I consume on average 1 m3 per month, and that costs me 18 THB (but I know of places that charge a flat fee of 100 THB per months for water, including the first 5 m3, and from then on 18 THB/m3). BTW, I drink tap water.

Tomatoes at 10 THB/kg is very cheap. On average I pay 20 THB/kg at Klong Toey market where I do all my fruit shopping, very rarely do I see tomatoes at 10 THB/kg. Often they are graded 15/18/20/25/30 THB/kg, but they all look the same to me, does anyone understand the system?

54 minutes ago, ChristianPFC said:

I consume on average 1 m3 per month, and that costs me 18 THB (but I know of places that charge a flat fee of 100 THB per months for water, including the first 5 m3, and from then on 18 THB/m3). BTW, I drink tap water.

Tomatoes at 10 THB/kg is very cheap. On average I pay 20 THB/kg at Klong Toey market where I do all my fruit shopping, very rarely do I see tomatoes at 10 THB/kg. Often they are graded 15/18/20/25/30 THB/kg, but they all look the same to me, does anyone understand the system?

Here too 50 B for 5 kg bag of tomatoes ... but small and not nice ones and taste bad ( raw) + with a coat of chemicals. At the big supermarkets they have the nice big tomatoes at 50-70 B/kg ! Too expensive for me so I don't know the taste. The 30 B/kg smaller ones at the supermarket are barely better than the 10B/kg at the market.

Usually the bigger the more expensive .

Wow this was actually a post about living cheap with tomatoes ! Not about golfing , Stevie Jobs medical decisions and UK pensions.

1 hour ago, ChristianPFC said:

obviously the water connection to your bathroom is blocked, right? :wink:

I think living (existing?) on 4,000 THB excluding rent would be difficult.

I left Thailand just over a year ago.  Now living and working in Myanmar.  I buy fresh food for my 3 meals a day, but eat out at a Thai restaurant at the weekends.  My monthly spend (excluding my hotel accommodation expenses which are paid by my employer) is about 3,300 THB. 

It would be difficult to spend more, unless I took up drinking, smoking and whoring (again).

12 minutes ago, simon43 said:

I think living (existing?) on 4,000 THB excluding rent would be difficult.

I left Thailand just over a year ago.  Now living and working in Myanmar.  I buy fresh food for my 3 meals a day, but eat out at a Thai restaurant at the weekends.  My monthly spend (excluding my hotel accommodation expenses which are paid by my employer) is about 3,300 THB. 

It would be difficult to spend more, unless I took up drinking, smoking and whoring (again).

Sure possible there cheap sure.  It is your life I have no idea, but Myanmar is probably the most boring place in Asia.

Walk around Yangon absolutely nothing to do.

Purgatory to me you could not pay me enough to be there.  But if you have work and reason to be there then make the best you can of it.

6 hours ago, simon43 said:

And that's the key words.

You get the impression that is what most people in Pattaya do ,  heavy drinking , smoking and paying for ladies, it does not compute with a cheap life style. 

Ok a beer now and then. that's it for me , and my lady will get a Thai dish and we will make love for free . 

Edited by balo

6 hours ago, balo said:

And that's the key words.

You get the impression that is what most people in Pattaya do ,  heavy drinking , smoking and paying for ladies, it does not compute with a cheap life style. 

Ok a beer now and then. that's it for me , and my lady will get a Thai dish and we will make love for free . 

no dessert for your lady?

On 04/11/2017 at 5:54 PM, Neeranam said:

I am grateful I'm not a bread head but have enough to have a nice car, home and look after my family. 150, 000 is enough, but most of that goes on foreign holidays and schooling. Here in Thailand, when my kids are through uni, and I retire I could live on 40k a month easily, eating pretty well and paying for amenities, maid once a week, gardener, 10k for Internet, electricity, water etc.

40,000 baht a month is nice....4000 is a little low..... our family and me (5 of us....mother in law has now come to die with us so 6 at the moment) survive on 27,000 and are quite happy :-) Internet, electricity, water costs us 4000 baht...son in law is the gardener and my wife is the maid and enjoy their jobs haha.? 

On 11/4/2017 at 6:43 PM, vilntrav said:

When I was 14 (around 1980) I spent Christmas in a English “family” in London (to learn the langage), which housed about 5 foreign youths. We went to celebrate at a fast food. Not everybody is in middle class.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I've been poor too - around the time that you were in London, I was living in the cupboard under the stairs in a seedy flatshare, also in London. Being poor in Thailand is infinitely worse, and a lot more hazardous should something go wrong, as it always does to poor people in Thailand..

1 minute ago, dbrenn said:

I've been poor too - around the time that you were in London, I was living in the cupboard under the stairs in a seedy flatshare, also in London. Being poor in Thailand is infinitely worse, and a lot more hazardous should something go wrong, as it always does to poor people in Thailand..

hmmm, sorry to hear that, were you paying rent ? was the room small .. ?

I don't see any problem with someone choosing or having to live frugally. If you are content here spending that much then good on you. Someone spending 100 times that may have some extra comfort but it doesn't mean they are happy.

4 hours ago, dbrenn said:

I've been "poor" as well earlier in life and it wasn't enjoyable.  But my definition of poor sure sounds like normal for the OP and others like him.   

37 minutes ago, Rancid said:

I don't see any problem with someone choosing or having to live frugally. If you are content here spending that much then good on you. Someone spending 100 times that may have some extra comfort but it doesn't mean they are happy.

Dunno about 100 times, but 50 times is a good conduit to happiness, when shared with loved ones. 

On 10/28/2017 at 2:09 PM, KiChakayan said:

Don't see how anyone could live like that more than 12 hours. Unless he's boombooming a hot nun full time. For free.

Not everybody is paying for sex in Thailand.  Not judging those who do, I think once you get to a certain age (and your preference is 18 year olds rather than 48 year olds) you don't have much choice.  But I'm not there yet, I can still pull 7, 8 out of 10 girls for free.  I'm not lor enough to pull the 9s and 10s but on balance I'm happy with my lot.

On 10/28/2017 at 4:50 PM, Meljames said:

If this means going to Big C every night...forget it.

I live right next to it, and Tesco is 5 minutes away.  I just head straight to the reduced shelf,  chuck anything edible in a basket and I'm in and out in 5 minutes.