NSR 150RR ....Help Needed....

Tioga246

On 10/31/2017 at 12:34 PM, Tioga246 said:

Reed valves are good.... When turn on ignition there is some movement down there, but it does not do a full turn left and then right.... Machanic say he tested the coil and it's good... Not sure how honest he is.... I did want to replace the coil, but was getting tired of wasting money.... 

I've just found out that one ignition coil on a Virago 1100 had some issues. It ran well when cold and the spark got weak when hot. 

You can get them pretty cheap on e-bay. 

On 10/31/2017 at 5:17 PM, Tioga246 said:

Yes replaced plug.... Not sure of it is that type.... And when ran out of fuel it just died, I think I was holding it to 5000rpm hoping it would spring forward and gain its power... And what you say about spark plug.... Cut 5mm off the thread and then screw plug cap back on..... I've also read how people have changed the main jet in there carb and problem solved.... Or they just put a bigger carb.... Then there also changing fly wheel coil.... 

The spark plug cable, not the spark plug. What does your fuel filter look like? Have you ever tried a different cap on your spark plug? If the spark plug cable is firing on the engine/chassis, you'd have such a problem. 

How's your compression and timing? 

3 hours ago, Kinnock said:

I saw this in Facebook Group for Honda S90, CL90 - not sure its any use ....

Screenshot_20191014-120336_Facebook.thumb.jpg.75b2d572f394ae40e0c2061b08bbc471.jpg

Thanks Kinock, but no that's just the Castrol logo... I found a guy who got the whole kit and he wants 1500baht.... The normal NSR150 sticker kits go for 350-400 baht... So just need to think about it... But I really love this Castrol look... And its a simple paint job.... White... 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/31/2017 at 2:35 PM, VocalNeal said:

So no change in performance when the level in carburetor changes and leans out the mixture, just before it runs out?

Have you tried a new spark plug I didn't notice that on your list. NGK BR9ECM or Denso W27EMR-C Gap is 0.7mm

Try unscrewing, if is the screw on type,  the spark plug cap cutting 5mm of the lead and screwing the cap back on.

Also check the cable from your coil to the spark plug for cuts that would cause the bike to misfire on the chassis/engine.

But I'd reckon to check your carb as well.

You can use the "clear tube method" to see when the float valve closes.

Too late, or too early are both bad.

• Like 1