Another Pattaya own goal as tourists falling out of the new beach chairs

webfact

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎01‎-‎11‎-‎2017 at 4:54 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Why should I have to bring a towel ( and the hotel may object if I take theirs ) when I never used to have to? The old style did the job, was more suitable for the Thai style of beach going, and was at a reasonable price. An increase of over 100% is not justifiable.

One poster actually said we could take a big towel, meaning I suppose a beach towel, so they expect us to go and buy a beach towel just to pay more on a beach where there aren't enough umbrellas to keep the sun off.

The thing about this thread that struck me, is that most of the posters supporting the new chairs are newbies, with few posts, and some apparently don't even live in Pattaya. When I see long established and well known posters supporting them, I'll accept it's the tourists fault, and not that the chairs were a mistake.

I only come to Pattaya since 2010, but still thinks sunbeds and umbrellas are the same and as good as it can be. Cost nothing to bring Your own beach towel.   I love Thailand and don't complain like so many here on TV.  Be happy or stay away  !!!

52 minutes ago, InMyShadow said:

Alcohol ban is real. Food ban was mentioned, but not heard anything more

Selling alcohol on the beach is banned

Cooking on the beach is banned

Buying drink or food to consume on the beach is *not* banned

53 minutes ago, InMyShadow said:

Alcohol ban is real. Food ban was mentioned, but not heard anything more

Alcohol ban is not real. Operators have been told not to sell alcohol, but you can bring your own and drink it on the beach whilst sat in your deckchair or lounger.

Alcohol ban is not real. Operators have been told not to sell alcohol, but you can bring your own and drink it on the beach whilst sat in your deckchair or lounger.
And at least one place in Jomtien is still selling it.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

When you step back and read this thread it's actually quite sad. What's really happening here is yet another bunch of dinasoures who are desperate to hang on to the old thailand and clutching this time to 20 year old thread bare and faded deck chairs as a crutch

It's absolutely pathetic

Bit hey I hear those old chairs have been sold off to shitsville in Cambodia

All aboard toot toot [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Firstly let me make it absolutely clear that I do not sit on a beach, ever. 

Now to the issue of the new beach beds/loungers, maybe the legs aren't wide enough so they then sink in the soft dry sand, pretty standard issue by the looks of them, sinking in the sand or toppling over isn't the big issue here.

Give it a year to 18 months when they have been exposed to the elements, I think I can pretty much guarantee that they are not UV protected, so peeps be very aware that at some time in the not too distant future you could end up with a very sharp and nasty plastic shard up the jacksy :stoner:

On ‎03‎-‎11‎-‎2017 at 10:41 AM, Golden Triangle said:

Firstly let me make it absolutely clear that I do not sit on a beach, ever. 

Now to the issue of the new beach beds/loungers, maybe the legs aren't wide enough so they then sink in the soft dry sand, , Youpretty standard issue by the looks of them, sinking in the sand or toppling over isn't the big issue here.

Give it a year to 18 months when they have been exposed to the elements, I think I can pretty much guarantee that they are not UV protected, so peeps be very aware that at some time in the not too distant future you could end up with a very sharp and nasty plastic shard up the jacksy :stoner:

As You never sit on a beach, ever, You are not really the person to comment on the subject.  Your concern about "nasty plastic shard up the jacksy" is fortunately wrong. Said by a person whom for many years has been using  those plastic sun benchses :sleepy:

On 11/2/2017 at 1:42 AM, Pattaya46 said:

Why do you people continue to say that ???

You can't smoke on the beach, same as in public parks - true -

but there is nothing that forbid you to drink alcohol or to eat on the beach !

in addition people are openly smoking on the beach

You can't make this stuff up. Expats caught up and stressed out by what a few "vendors" said.. All of a sudden vendors words are gospel.

Since majority of vendors still have NOT bought new chairs and don't want to spend a bean.. Boom! unbelievable stories emerge of a mattress pad actually being "uncomfortable" LMAO in what way?

And they are dangerous because they 'roll"

You don't need a physics degree to see the center of gravity is so low its complete nonsense

Now if your obese and for reasons best know to your self decide to drop 300 kilos at the very edge of the chair then all bets are off

Snap out of it guys!

You can't make this stuff up. Expats caught up and stressed out by what a few "vendors" said.. All of a sudden vendors words are gospel.

Since majority of vendors still have NOT bought new chairs and don't want to spend a bean.. Boom! unbelievable stories emerge of a mattress pad actually being "uncomfortable" LMAO in what way?

And they are dangerous because they 'roll"

You don't need a physics degree to see the center of gravity is so low its complete nonsense

Now if your obese and for reasons best know to your self decide to drop 300 kilos at the very edge of the chair then all bets are off

Snap out of it guys!

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 10:44 PM, SunsetT said:

They may be right. I can see both sides of the coin. Most Thais seem happy enough muddling along as they are. Well they were until we sold them Consumerism! And look what we educated are doing to the World! Are we as happy as the Thais. Maybe the old saying: 'Ignorance is bliss' is right.

Are we as happy as the Thais

Hmmmm. Maybe it's just me, but the Thais don't seem very happy anymore, compared to when I first arrived in LOS.

The smile vanished long ago, except from Thai advertising.

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 11:10 AM, Nielsk said:

I only come to Pattaya since 2010, but still thinks sunbeds and umbrellas are the same and as good as it can be. Cost nothing to bring Your own beach towel.   I love Thailand and don't complain like so many here on TV.  Be happy or stay away  !!!

Cost nothing to bring Your own beach towel

Really? Please advise where I can get my own beach towel for free.

Yeah and also some times I don't plan to go to the beach. Sometimes I am out and say to myself you know what I think I will have a sit down at the beach. If I need a beach Towel I can't do that. Aslo I don't own a beach towel now I come to think about it.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You love making an issue out of nothing you really do. Comedy Platinum you knew exactly what the fella was proposing

10 minutes ago, Nielsk said:

Ha ha !  Going to Thailand and not own a beach towel is absurd   :passifier:

Its because they can be found grey, haggard, unfit ensconced in bars 24/7 looking miserable but pretending to be living the dream....God forbid they should see that firey ball in the sky sitting on a beach towel

5 hours ago, Chivas said:

You love making an issue out of nothing you really do. Comedy Platinum you knew exactly what the fella was proposing

Not nothing. I see no need to buy a beach towel if I was going to sit on a not hot deckchair.

I have no interest in lying on the sand either, so I don't understand why I should bring one to Thailand, or buy one there.

18 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Not nothing. I see no need to buy a beach towel if I was going to sit on a not hot deckchair.

I have no interest in lying on the sand either, so I don't understand why I should bring one to Thailand, or buy one there.

Stop digging.........

1 hour ago, champers said:

For some reason all the new umbrellas that came with the new loungers seem to have disappeared. The tatty red, white and blue ones are back. Anyone know why?

Vendors told not to advertise for Chang Beer....

20 hours ago, champers said:

For some reason all the new umbrellas that came with the new loungers seem to have disappeared. The tatty red, white and blue ones are back. Anyone know why?

Good guess would be the sun burns right through those new light coloured ones (it does)

I have had one of these loungers for over ten years, it has not broken and it has not tipped me out, sits outside on the pool deck in the sunshine and the rain.

The finish on it has deteriorated a little but apart from that it is fine, even if it breaks tomorrow it doesn't owe me anything :smile: