Video: Berserk taxi driver - all this and just a 400 baht slap on the wrist

snoop1130

Video: Berserk taxi driver - all this and just a 400 baht slap on the wrist

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvODE1LzQwNzUxNTQvZGRmbmguanBn.jpg

A six minute dash cam video showed an out of control taxi driver repeatedly trying to slam his cab into another motorist.

He then gets out and verbally and physically threatens the other driver who remains calm with his video evidence running.

But when the dust settled and the police arrived the taxi driver was fined just 400 baht and let go.

The footage came while the two cars traveled along Pahonyothin Road inbound towards Kaset. A duelling match developed along the road in which the taxi driver appeared to be the main culprit.

When the pair stopped and other people got involved the taxi driver appeared to retrieve something from the boot of his orange cab.

He then advanced on the other driver uttering a hail of Thai expletives only to be restrained by passers-by. He later tried to attack him with his bare fists.

The altercation goes on for several minutes with the taxi driver saying at one point: "Do you know who I f**king am?"

Sanook reported that when police arrived the taxi driver was fined 400 baht and released.

A passenger who was in the taxi and is clearly scared pays up and leaves the protagonists to it. 

Source: http://news.sanook.com/4075154/

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-10-31

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"A passenger who was in the taxi and is clearly scared pays up and leaves the protagonists to it." - What? Where in the vid does the woman pay the taxi driver? I see her walking away from the taxi. Free ride, woohoo!!

It is very clear the taxi driver only dare to vent his anger towards non European cars. The whole situation would be different if this was a European car owner. The law of this country is really rotten to the core. Try this in Singapore and he will know what would be waiting for him!

13 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

Do you know who I am? He must be the Thai Ron Pickering 

Do you know who I am? 

R&$$#*#**#* Pi*3#*#*$

Who the <deleted> is that ? 

Hahahahaha.

This bit is hilarious! 

I love brits winding up other brits. 

It is such an art. 

This made my morning. 

Police is a fat 80% of problem in this country. Lazy, incompetent, corrupt to the core.

No wonder people are arming themselves to take matter in their hands. Although is so wrong, seems the BiB is not leaving any other choices.

400B... what a bad joke.

56 minutes ago, Minnehaha said:

Do you know who I am? 

R&$$#*#**#* Pi*3#*#*$

Who the <deleted> is that ? 

Hahahahaha.

This bit is hilarious! 

I love brits winding up other brits. 

It is such an art. 

This made my morning. 

Yes enjoyed it also.  The guy is now infamous.  The taxi driver could be said to be throwing a Ron Pickering.

18 minutes ago, kcpattaya said:

Guess the frustrated taxi driver was an off-duty copper making some extra dough?

I had a taxi driver who told my wife who was with me that he was an off-duty cop and he would have shot me if he had his gun on him. He'd become angry that another driver cut him up and began racing him, pulling in front and then slamming on his brakes. After a couple of minutes of this I was afraid for my life and we asked him to stop and let us out but he ignored us. We were in effect kidnapped. So I slapped him on the side of the head. That stopped his antics and when we got to our destination he offered his threat.